The Librarian

A selection of starfighters, A-Z

Hi - just a few builds I've put together over the last year. Not quite a full alphabet, but quite satisfying to have them photographed at last.

Racing A-wing

49440166676_7a1433fec2_b.jpg

Corsair A-wing

49507451172_ee0383f5f4_b.jpg

First Order TIE Razor (built before the Whisper was revealed; inspired by reverse engineering this)

49439707763_18ee5c0657_b.jpg

Resistance Vulture Droids

49530598688_2f0892eaa8_b.jpg

T-70 X-wings

49538868572_80593ae867_b.jpg

49538641261_abee0bf63c_b.jpg

Y-wing gunship thingy

49538641941_91e37b0640_b.jpg

Z-95 Headhunter

49538643051_f81124f3a2_b.jpg

Edited by The Librarian

Everything looks great! Those X-Wings are beautiful! Do you know how many pieces you used for the T-70s? Also, this is the first time I've seen ball joints used on the Vulture Droids, I can't believe I didn't think of it.

Edited by Brikkyy13

this.
No idea how I could have never gotten around to see these mocs. They are around the best. The X-Wings are the best versions I have seen so far. I never understand how TLG and other mocs can make the sequel X-Wings nose so large and boxy.

Ur original designs are also quite cool!

These are lovely, you’ve definitely put your own stamp these ships whilst keeping true to their origins, super work! I particularly like the sleek X-Wings and the YU-Wing hybrid. And lots of SNOT, I’m not usually a fan but it looks great here.

Those are probably the sleekest, most elegant T-70 models I've ever seen.  Would you mind posting some breakdown pictures so that we can see how they're built?  I might like to try to build them in Studio and maybe even order the parts sometime.  Thanks.

I feel so dumb in hindsight for never thinking to use Mixel joints to articulate Vulture Droid Legs.

I also like that headhunter color contrast. It is bright, jarring and tacky in the best of ways, like from a cheesy 1970s sci-fi film. Love it.

Thanks everyone!

On 2/16/2020 at 7:25 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

Everything looks great! Those X-Wings are beautiful! Do you know how many pieces you used for the T-70s? Also, this is the first time I've seen ball joints used on the Vulture Droids, I can't believe I didn't think of it.

I don't know the piece count off the top of my head, unfortunately - my MLCad version, based on a slightly older design, stands at around 700, so I imagine this version is a little over that.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:50 PM, icm said:

Those are probably the sleekest, most elegant T-70 models I've ever seen.  Would you mind posting some breakdown pictures so that we can see how they're built?  I might like to try to build them in Studio and maybe even order the parts sometime.  Thanks.

I did a series of video instructions for an older version of the design - I need to update them to account for the new wing design, but they should give you an idea of how it goes.