Eki1210

[MOC] Fictional MBT

My Spin on a Main battle Tank.

I Tried to incorporate a reasonable, realistic looking camouflage pattern. Turned out quite good i think, though i used up all of my dark green plates in the process... 
The Model has working suspension, 360 degree turret rotation and quite a bit of gun depression for hull-down action.

As You can see i kitted it quite a bit to achieve a "heavy duty / in action / packed" kinda look.
Enough talk, here are the pictures:

49538560446_6095c9ea23_c.jpg
49538787097_ec1d88c31b_c.jpg
49538786057_30cfb7b3ae_c.jpg
49538066438_027a616cf1_c.jpg
49538066158_5eba899ea8_c.jpg
by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Please click the pics to view high res versions on flickr, and feel free to comment / criticise !

Edited by Eki1210

Nice tank, modern and elegant. I notice that you have been influenced a lot by the Leopard 2A4 in making this MOC, like the design of the nose of the turret, the inclination of the snout of the main hull, and in general the shape of the back, or at least that's my impression. I would say that from the whole, this tank reminds me a lot of the third generation tanks, still currently and widely used all over the world. Then there are a whole series of small details that make everything more realistic, such as the accessories on the back of the turret.

Very nice MBT, very modern looking and lots of good elements, like the (I'm guessing) either chaff or smoke grenade launcher on the either side of the turret made out of the binoculars.  I also agree with some of the others that this does look rather like a Leopard 2, but that is definitely not a bad thing.

Thanks a lot for the comments and critics guys!

Indeed, it kinda looks a bit like an early Leo 2. I took a lot of inspiration from many current MBT´s and tried to incorporate what i liked into this MOC.

@TheBeeze i can see what you mean, i might change this in the future.

I actually really like the use of the black minifig head to make the barrel shroud for the main cannon, very clever and simple to achieve the desired look!

Is it the hull based on the m1a2 Abrahms and the turret on the newer leopard?