Sign in to follow this  
sander1992

[MOC] Cedric the Bull's Hideout

Hi everyone,

20 years ago were the Knights Kingdom sets in the store.

I was happy at the time that a new Castle theme was in the stores. 

My mother said that the sets were too easy to build and we already had Castle sets. :laugh:

Looking back, the sets are not quite challenging.

To celebrate the anniversary of the theme, let me show you my latest creation.

Deep into the forest is the hideout of Cedric the Bull.

The hideout is located under ground.

John of Mayne is imprisoned and knows that Cedric the Bull and his gang will attack the castle of King Leo very soon.

Gilbert the Bad is working on a new catapult.

Cedric the Bull is monitoring the construction of the artillery.

49537678533_b8751c33e3_c.jpg

I don't know where I've read that Cedric the Bull had a hideout in the forest, but this was always in my mind.

For more pictures, look into my Flickr album.

Feedback is always appreciated. :classic:

What a great creation!  I love seeing re-imaginings of the old classic sets.  You did a great job with the shape of the cave and how it opens into the ground.  The path into it is particularly well done with the green plates over brown.  If this were a different style MOC, I might suggest more ground variation (stones, different colored grass, etc.), but since it is a re-envisioning of a classic set, the green is the right choice.  Your Flickr pictures are great, and I would encourage anyone reading this to click on the link and see the other pics.  I like the use of the white birds on the trees as well.  The construction of the siege engine with the makeshift derrick is great, too.  I might have more suggestions if this were a different style MOC, but I think you really hit the Classic Castle style just right.  Great job!

Thank you, @Grover.

I wanted to use some olive green and dark green parts in the landscape. 

But I did not find a way to actually blend the colors in.

A very clever creation.  I like the tunnels underground and the roots hanging in the tunnels.  Nice trees on the top and good landscaping.  

Hey @sander1992 - I really like your moc.

I feel like that particular faction does not get enough representation as the main focus of mocs that I've seen, but you did a great job.

I like that it's underground - feels authentic to me.

I could see the need for an escape exit for the hideout. If not - where are they going to run if they get discovered?

Oh man this brings back memories to the old KK Creator video game. I like the posing of the minifigures for them to have something to do!

Thanks, @KotZ. That was something the KK Creator Video game.

During the build, the minifigs gave me memories of the game. :laugh:

Edited by sander1992

I agree the bulls don’t get enough attention... they’re like a slapdash version of Wolfpack.

The underground is great, as is the story... as a child, this set would get serious play.

Some suggestions: up the color saturation in your photos, they look a little washed out (probably to get the  nice white background). It will help them pop. 

On 2/26/2020 at 5:22 AM, Pdaitabird said:

I love it! A nice build and very nostalgic.

Thanks! :classic:

23 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

I agree the bulls don’t get enough attention... they’re like a slapdash version of Wolfpack.

The underground is great, as is the story... as a child, this set would get serious play.

Some suggestions: up the color saturation in your photos, they look a little washed out (probably to get the  nice white background). It will help them pop. 

Thank you! 

Yes. The cloth/blanket I use for the background has a lot of wrinkles (is that the word!?).

I use a slower shutter speed at my camara to make sure that the wrinkles are not visible.

48 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

The cloth/blanket I use for the background has a lot of wrinkles (is that the word!?).

I use a slower shutter speed at my camara to make sure that the wrinkles are not visible.

I've found that a piece of posterboard works well as a background...it's flexible, cheap, and big enough for most models.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:15 PM, Pdaitabird said:

I've found that a piece of posterboard works well as a background...it's flexible, cheap, and big enough for most models.

That might be something to look into. I will look for it. Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

On 2/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The hideout in the grass is simply beautiful! :wub:

Thanks! :classic: