Hi there guys !!! :grin:
How's everyone?
It's been so long ! I had another pretty long dark age plus some kind of "lego creative block" , plus i got into developing videogames last year so i've been quite busy.
Recently a friend of mine got me into lego again and somehow that creative block went off also thanks to the purchase of a buwizz :)

I've always been quite obsessed by motorbikes and finally with a buwizz i could give them the look i wanted and mainly not run after them :laugh:
I've made two different ones both have something special:

The first one is inspired by the 90's look of Honda's dirtbikes and in ludicrous mode it is honestly the fastest lego vehicle i've ever made. In the video it's running on "slow" mode. 
It works the same way other lego bikes used to work but instead of moving an added weight i've figured out that moving the battery alone is enough to make the bike lean left or right.
In the next days I'll shoot a proper video somewhere else where i've got more space to drive it in ludicrous :wink:

https://youtu.be/o7YUIS2ne7Q

The second bike is "better" in a way, it only requires an L motor, it can run on pure power functions while still being enjoyable, it's enough removing the fake fuel tank and attaching the PF reciver.
This one is pretty fast as well when running in ludicrous and overall it's a lot of fun :) I will take a video of this one too as soon as i have the chance 

https://youtu.be/-D2Kf-bZz0Y

I really hope you guys will like them
Bikes are not so common to see , it's kinda time to start making them :D if anyone is interested in the 3D files i'll happily share them :classic:

Spoiler

Edited by piterx

The efficiency and effectiveness of these builds is very inspiring! We would love to see those 3D files indeed!

3 minutes ago, astyanax said:

The efficiency and effectiveness of these builds is very inspiring! We would love to see those 3D files indeed!

Here they are (for 3 days only unfortunately) , you will have to use Stud.io to open them, wich by the way  is an absolutely amazing software :D

https://mab.to/209lFaIwq

47 minutes ago, piterx said:

Here they are (for 3 days only unfortunately) , you will have to use Stud.io to open them, wich by the way  is an absolutely amazing software :D

https://mab.to/209lFaIwq

Awesome! Got 'em, thanks!

Amazing and very original! First time I see a Lego RC bike. How do the motorbikes stay upright?

On 2/15/2020 at 12:20 AM, WvG_853 said:

Amazing and very original! First time I see a Lego RC bike. How do the motorbikes stay upright?

Think about the wheels of a shopping kart, they have the pivot point in front of them so when you push the kart they're (almost) always rotating in the direction you want.

The pivot point of the front wheel is mounted 2 studs away from it right behind the white number plate ?

Edited by piterx

5 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Thanks for the explanation! I have to build one to check out how this works in practice.

:) you're welcome! try building the small one it handles really well and it doesn't need a big space.

i went out for another test and it looks like in ludicrous the bike needs stiffer suspensions, i believe i'll need to swap them with the yellow ones. Other than that it behaves really well!

27 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Holy fork, that's fast! What's that sticking out on the sides of the bike though?

Those are flex hoses to prevent the bike from scratching when it reaches the maximum angle it can lean before the frame parts touch ground 

Just now, piterx said:

Those are flex hoses to prevent the bike from scratching when it reaches the maximum angle it can lean before the frame parts touch ground 

That makes a lot of sense!

i've made some instructions for those who can't be bothered with pc programs :)

Edited by piterx

On 2/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, piterx said:

i've made some instructions for those who can't be bothered with pc programs :)

Where are they, please?