cimddwc

[MOC] Modular Church

Hi everyone,

here's my modular church - dedicated to the Invisible Pink Unicorn, though architecture-wise, it could be a typical Middle European church. Several architectural ideas were inspired by St. Kilian's Church in Heilbronn, Germany.

(Christianity never got many followers in my view of the Lego world because it's just too hard to believe - I mean, crucifixion? When everybody knows that people can't possibly move their arms sideways without ripping them out of their sockets??)

49533776241_06601bc1b0_c.jpg

49533280378_63dd1fa69f_c.jpg

49533776431_bf0cbf28e7_c.jpg

49533776761_828627b153_z.jpg

The glass windows on the right side:

49533776821_e9d166c282_c.jpg

From left to right: some colorful pattern; a non-believer (grey clothes) turned into a believer (pink clothes); socks being raptured; a naive rendition of a pink unicorn; a pizza (partially visible).

Top of the spire:

49533776741_ed02edaa09.jpg

That spiral stairs look quite dangerous...

Inside:

49533776931_e8e4c95fd2_c.jpg

I kinda messed up the lamps - made some mistake and noticed it too late to fix it, so either the lamps are just loosely connected to bars and clips, or hanging freely like here... At least the wedding couple and audience don't care. :)

Full interior:

49533776911_987d9bf488_c.jpg

An early drawing:

49533280853_0d04aabcda.jpg

Checking how big it could be - comparing it to typical floors (numbers), compared to my round pharmacy.

» Flickr album with a total of 40 pictures, including some construction details

Hope you like it...

Wow!  This looks really great.  Churches and similar structures can be very difficult in Lego form, because these buildings are often very monochromatic.  But your church has enough color in the windows and roof that it works really well.  I also like all the textures and greebling you used.  

I will be plagiarizing some of your building techniques!  Especially some of the elements around windows and doors.  Very nice!

Wonderful Windows and superb architecture!

i like the statue on the top and the stair. Very nice Under construction small site!

Edited by gabrielerava

Very impressive.

Nice details all around, especially the tower is looking great,

And I really like your solution to the roof. Still get the rounding but no gaps. Nice!

Very impressive building. I love your work!! And the nave is amazing!! I love your building technique whatever you used. :D

Great build :classic: 
It looks pretty 'smooth' but it has still a lot of details. the Stained glass looks great too.
"the Stairs looks quite dangerous" ... you think so? :wink:
Great interior too with all those details like the arches. Like those 'arches' on the ceiling too, great details.

Great church. I think the balance is excellent as well as the amount of exterior details. The interior and the windows are exceptionally well done.

I can only echo what others have said, really great work. I especially like the pipe vaulting on the interior. Well done! :thumbup:

I like seeing how you've been searching for solutions to the problems that arise when you want to build a church in Lego. I'm currently doing the same and know how hard it is to capture medieval architecture in bricks, much more than classicist architecture. 

The curved look of the roof with cheese wedges is really well done, I imagine it took hours rebuilding it to get it to be so seamless.