Micmac

Harry Potter custom builds and moc's

On 1/29/2022 at 8:20 AM, Nummel said:

My first Lego Moc ever. After 20 years of Lego abstinence, I'm stepping foot back into my childhood. 

Inspiration: Benji (<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKvhoUnETY" rel="noreferrer nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKvhoUnETY</a>)

MOC: Hungarian Horntail; Rather playscale than minifig-scale. 

---
Credit background:  ‘GOBLET OF FIRE’ MOVIE STILLS:
The First Task arena

Great job, fab version of him. 

Hogwarts complete

All my moc additions to the official lego Hogwarts sets. Instructions are finished and up now.

https://rebrickable.com/users/micmacpadwac/mocs/

Edited by Micmac

So here is my version of the two styles blended together. The exterior design of 2019 and the interior space of 2022. It makes it wider and deeper so I've added extra windows.  I've kept some of the new features from the 2022 set that I think work well like the modular nature, the open side arch pieces to keep it accessible and the removable long brick to help with access for play. 

clocktower2019/2022

On 1/28/2022 at 9:20 PM, Nummel said:

Hungarian HorntailHorntail_2

My first Lego Moc ever. After 20 years of Lego abstinence, I'm stepping foot back into my childhood. 

Inspiration: Benji (<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKvhoUnETY" rel="noreferrer nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKvhoUnETY</a>)

MOC: Hungarian Horntail; Rather playscale than minifig-scale. 

---
Credit background:  ‘GOBLET OF FIRE’ MOVIE STILLS:
The First Task arena

This is really good! You captured the look of the dragon very well me made it look easy! I have tried to make a Horntail like this in physical bricks and it didn’t end up looking half as good as this! Well done!

After reveal of HP June wave I've seen some comments about Dumbledore office missing the staircase so I thought this is a good moment to share my latest MOC - of course as always based on classic HP games :)

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg
640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

Edited by uPawelek
links

Hello! I've been a longtime reader of Eurobricks, but this is my first post. Harry Potter has been my favorite theme since the first sets were released and I started working on this Ministry of Magic MOC about 7 months ago. 

I started with the idea of the entire Ministry being like the 2001-2002 sets where there were some large sets and some towers built of several modular sets. This MOC is the first of 5 parts that will eventually (hopefully!) add up to 1 giant Ministry of Magic display! Starting from the bottom, this MOC includes the Hall of Prophecies, Ministry worker's desks, Arthur Weasley's office, Yaxley's office (with rain!), Minister for Magic's office, Umbridge's office, and the propaganda writing desks on top. 

I started this MOC thinking LEGO would never do this location, but love that it's getting an official set. Hope you enjoy!   

52006385220_8d27d81437_c.jpgMinistry of Magic Atrium 01 by Gitto Negron Workshop, on Flickr

52006385240_53af96e4f6_c.jpgMinistry of Magic Interior 01 by Gitto Negron Workshop, on Flickr

52006120974_f7e591be58_c.jpgMinistry of Magic Atrium 02 by Gitto Negron Workshop, on Flickr

On 2/14/2021 at 2:44 AM, ZeLuiz08 said:
I made this custom, I transformed the front window to be removable, and I removed the side window and put the mural, put the dresser and lamp, shortened the bed and placed it in front. And with these modifications he got even more space on the second floor.
NOTE: Please notice the corner shelf, that was one of my best ideas haha.

bbb.jpg

Would you mind sharing your instructions for this! So much better that the original 

17 hours ago, Fr4nk13 said:

Would you mind sharing your instructions for this! So much better that the original 

sorry dude i don't have instructions but if you say specifically what you want to know maybe i can help

On 4/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, uPawelek said:

After reveal of HP June wave I've seen some comments about Dumbledore office missing the staircase so I thought this is a good moment to share my latest MOC - of course as always based on classic HP games :)

Very nice and lovely the fact you put the original paintings :)

On 4/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, Brick Wiz said:

I started with the idea of the entire Ministry being like the 2001-2002 sets where there were some large sets and some towers built of several modular sets. This MOC is the first of 5 parts that will eventually (hopefully!) add up to 1 giant Ministry of Magic display! Starting from the bottom, this MOC includes the Hall of Prophecies, Ministry worker's desks, Arthur Weasley's office, Yaxley's office (with rain!), Minister for Magic's office, Umbridge's office, and the propaganda writing desks on top. 

This is a very good work. I really like it. Rain in Yaxley office is really well done and I appreciate details in your MOC.

I have finished the last section of my generic Hogwarts extensions - Castle Roof and now the whole section is complete:

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

I have also prepared an alternate version that better fits "cathedral" style of 2022 line:

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

I also started working on Hogwarts Grounds MOC but I struggle to find enough free time to finish it so I would like to share with you some small parts of it: Venemous TentaculaSpiky Prickly Plant and Wiggentree.

640x640.jpg (640×640)640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

Recently I also updated instructions for some smaller builds I haven't share here yet: Fire CrabGiant Orange Snail and Lumos Gargoyle

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

All of them you can download for free from my Rebrickable page :) Enjoy!

Edited by uPawelek
Spelling

9 hours ago, uPawelek said:

I have finished the last section of my generic Hogwarts extensions - Castle Roof and now the whole section is complete:

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

I have also prepared an alternate version that better fits "cathedral" style of 2022 line:

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

I also started working on Hogwarts Grounds MOC but I struggle to find enough free time to finish it so I would like to share with you some small parts of it: Venemous TentaculaSpiky Prickly Plant and Wiggentree.

640x640.jpg (640×640)640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

Recently I also updated instructions for some smaller builds I haven't share here yet: Fire CrabGiant Orange Snail and Lumos Gargoyle

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

All of them you can download for free from my Rebrickable page :) Enjoy!

awesome builds, question - are they done in some sort of 3d software, if so which?

1 minute ago, Freakshow said:

awesome builds, question - are they done in some sort of 3d software, if so which?

Thank you! Yes, I'm using Studio - it's free and you can download it from bricklink website. It's super easy to use but if you would like to look for some guidance I recommend Playwell Bricks channel on yt :)

6 hours ago, uPawelek said:

Thank you! Yes, I'm using Studio - it's free and you can download it from bricklink website. It's super easy to use but if you would like to look for some guidance I recommend Playwell Bricks channel on yt :)

awesome thanks! ill check it out

@uPawelek Your buildings are always so inspired :thumbup: One can immediately see your passion for HP PC games.

Your small parts are really good :wub: Well done! 

42 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

@uPawelek Your buildings are always so inspired :thumbup: One can immediately see your passion for HP PC games.

Your small parts are really good :wub: Well done! 

Thank you so much! :blush:

Earlier today I posted here the customizations of my Harry Potter sets, however, due to a small problem with the browser's built-in translator, even though I wrote the subtitles in English, the translator changed what I wrote  to Portuguese and posted without noticing the change, so I will delete what was in this post and repost with the correct captions, I apologize to everyone.

Edited by ZeLuiz08

These are all awesome updates! I especially love the gear room and the common room. I might try to implement a common room with some stuff from the advent calendar or trunk. I'm also inspired to go dig out a Norbert and flute from my old sets in storage now.

It is funny to see you add the bookcase to the Room of Requirement, I made a very similar change but to display the Dumbledore's Army sign up tile! But that is a nice idea, I also moved the bulletin board into the main build like you.

I'm a huge fan of the architecture of the 2018/2020 Hogwarts sets, and honestly I found it disrespectful to LEGO to "reboot" the castle, butttttt, unfortunately the new 2021 and 2022 sets have a lot of accessories and interesting news, so i had to buy it, so i used these new features and some pieces i had to update my sets.
Starting from the beginning, The Great Hall, I removed those generic side rooms from the tower and gave them a better purpose, relocated Dumbledore's office from the Clock Tower to the second floor of the tower and created a trophy room. I wanted to put Dumbledore's office on the third floor, but I wanted to take advantage of the stairs that open to Dumbledore's office like in the movie.
One detail, I placed behind the Mirror of Erised the Philosopher's Stone.

Grande%20Sal%C3%A3o%20(1).png

Grande%20Sal%C3%A3o%20(5).png

In this part of hogwarts, I joined the potions room part with Snape's office, I think it makes sense for them to be close, in addition I transformed the room below the Gryffindor boys' dormitory into the Gryffindor common room.
If you guys notice I like to spread out the accessories and animals from other sets a lot and arrange places in Hogwarts that they would fit in, like Neville's Remembrall that it makes sense to stay in the boys' dormitory, as well as the love potion flask to stay in potions room.
Yes I know that the Owlery is a Tower that is outside Hogwarts, but I took advantage of the space I had above the boys' dormitory to be a kind of Owlery.
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20(1).pngSalgueiro%20Lutador%20(2).pngSalgueiro%20Lutador%20(3).png

Salgueiro%20Lutador%20(4).png

Salgueiro%20Lutador%20(5).png

The clock tower was one of the sets that I modified the most, I'll start from the top down. Before I start I wanted to comment on something, have you ever noticed how the second floor windows are perfect for the Hospital Wing? honestly I don't understand why LEGO didn't want to put the Hospital Wing on the second floor and preferred to include the defense room against the dark arts.
I turned the third floor into the clock engine room, and managed to make the gears turn as the hands of the clock turn with the crank. I relocated the hospital wing to the second floor because of the windows that are exactly like the ones in the movie. It is worth mentioning that I used pieces from the 2022 set, Hospital Wing, to enhance the clock tower. For the beds I mixed those of the 2018 and 2022 beds, and I think I got a very good result.
Note: I had to increase the second and first floor floors to support the updates.
On the first floor I placed the new square chest and on the other side I created a new goblet of fire, and it includes the age line.
Where Dumbledore's office was originally, I created the fortune-telling room and where the dance floor was I put a armor, notice the shield with the "hog", I think it makes a lot of sense in HOGwarts.
Torre%20do%20Rel%C3%B3gio%20(1).png

I removed the dark arts defense room from the clock tower, then I need a new one, and I really like the dark arts defense room from the set, secret chamber of 2022, so it includes some accessories from 2018 room and added the dragon skeleton, it is worth mentioning that the idea of building the skeleton I took from a person on instagram.
Sala%20de%20Defesa%20Contra%20as%20Artes

In the Room of Requirement I added one of the bookshelves from the Dumbledore's office that were left over, I think it makes sense already in the Phoenix Order book it is commented that in the precise room several spell books appeared during the actions of Dumbldedore's army.
Sala%20Precisa.png

In hagrid's hut I just added only accessories and animals from other sets that I thought looked good in the house. I added a Niffler and Norbert, I added the monster book of monsters, a few glasses of butterbeer and a flute inside the basket.

Cabana%20do%20Hagrid.png
At Burrow, I've included the 2021 camara secreta set cereal boxes on the breakfast table, added a gray owl in the attic to be Errol, and in ron's room I added a chessboard on the table.
A%20Toca%20(1).pngA%20Toca%20(2).pngA%20Toca%20(3).png

Dear mr. Blockhart,

I just can't stop watching your mocs. Absolutely awesome, big applause. Haven't finished jet and will spend much more time to look at all the great details you included.

KLM

Edited by KLM

With the new 2022 sets, I've made some updates to my old sets, keeping in mind that my goal is to try to repurpose as much of the 2018/2020 sets as possible because of their superior exterior architecture. I will only comment on the news, if there is any customization in the photo that I didn't mention here, go up the post where I previously commented on other things.
Remembering that I relocated Dumbledore's office to the Great Hall set to take advantage of the spiral staircase, so I placed the new portal piece with the gargoyle entrance next to the stairs, in addition to that, I placed the Hogwarts flag in the middle of the great hall, honestly I'm surprised I didn't have this idea before, because I was wanting to take advantage of the flag that came on the set of Chamber of Secrets.
Note: To fit the portal with gargoyle print on the side of the tower, it was necessary to increase the height of the tower by 1 block.
Grande%20Sal%C3%A3o%20(1).png
Grande%20Sal%C3%A3o%20(3).png
About the second part of Hogwarts 2018, this is where things really got interesting, this part of the castle has the Gryffindor dormitory on the second floor, so I had previously transformed the first floor, which was previously a generic room, into the Gryffindor common room. However, this year there was the launch of the Hogwarts staircase set, so I wanted to somehow fit the staircase where the entrance to the Gryffindor common room has with my Gryffindor common room, but for that I had to create one more floor in that part of the Gryffindor dorm. Notice some details, in the architecture, such as the portal in the dormitory and the portal of the portrait of the fat woman, are not leveled, this was intentional to create a step down as it is in the movie, another detail is that in the book it is mainly said that the Gryffindor common room is in a tower, not that with the original architecture made by lego that part doesn't look like a tower, but with an extra floor it looks more like a tower.
Now a novelty, since I needed to create a new ground floor, I needed to put something in this room, so I had the idea of creating Filch's room, I put a table with a envelope on top referring to the moment of the "express spell", I put a box with a confiscated filebuster firework, in the wall drawer I put the marauder's map and put handcuffs dangling referencing the dungeon chains that Filch keeps in his room.
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(1
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(2
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(4
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(5
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(6
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(3
Salgueiro%20Lutador%20e%20Escadaria%20(7
In the astronomy tower, I extinguished Slughorn's potions room and Christmas party decorations, and created a library. And on top of the tower I put a star map that came on the set of the Chamber of Secrets.
Torre%20de%20Astronomia%20(1).png
Torre%20de%20Astronomia%20(2).png
Torre%20de%20Astronomia%20(3).png
The Chamber of Secrets, First Flight Lesson and Polyjuice Potion sets, I joined them in one, the bathroom was the obvious thing to do, but what is really interesting is that the part of the first flight lesson fits perfectly on top of the chamber secret, since another Great Hall was unnecessary, interesting is that I found out about these two parts fitting well one on top of the other by accident, when storing the new sets in the closet, to fit, I placed one on top of the other and I liked the result. I managed to replace all the green roof tiles with dark gray to match the other towers in the previous sets, and I turned the tower space into the cell where Sirius is in Prisoner of Azkaban. Also, I removed the part of the Basilisk's belly.
C%C3%A2mara%20Secreta%20(1).png
C%C3%A2mara%20Secreta%20(2).png
C%C3%A2mara%20Secreta%20(5).png
C%C3%A2mara%20Secreta%20(6).png
C%C3%A2mara%20Secreta%20(7).png
The novelty of the precise room was the inclusion of the list of members of Dumbledore's army, but it was a person here on the forum who gave me this tip.
Sala%20Precisa%20(1).png