Micmac

Harry Potter custom builds and moc's

On 2/26/2021 at 6:38 AM, Seaber said:

I had a go trying to get a bit more shaping round the top of the torches. I had a mess around for half an hour or so and came up with the above. I think the first one looks about a plate too high on top, the second maybe comes down over the columns a little too far. Oh, and not all the pieces come in one colour! 

All these torches are great. 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:51 AM, BrickMatit said:

This is my first attempt to photograph a minifigure and share it on this site :blush:.

Love him. I've never seen the computer game version before. I hate the original lego one. 

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Pygmy Puffs come in various shades of pink and purple, but I'll probably use a few bluish ones to add some variety. 

Very cute, I can imagine with some fluffy printing these could be official.

Lego Gringotts Bank

I made some tweaks to my Gringotts moc. It took ages as I was waiting on parts to come. 

6 hours ago, Micmac said:

All these torches are great. 

Very cute, I can imagine with some fluffy printing these could be official.

I made some tweaks to my Gringotts moc. It took ages as I was waiting on parts to come. 

Thanks, I've ordered all the blue, burple and pink heads I can find to make my Menagerie, a printed version would be great though. 

I love your Gringotts, especially the dome!

Hi, today I want to share with you some little digital creation I realised for a project I'm working on (Hogwarts Library)...

... at the moment only on Stud.io,  but in future I would like to brickbuild it.

Some floor lightings and table lightings... 
... some wall and ceiling lightings... 
... and a bookcase.

Who have built Diagon Alley set will immediately recognise what was my reference in building the bookcase and putting in books :wink:

51096525399_9ee2e259e2_c.jpgIlluminazione 1 by Brick Matit, su Flickr

51096525514_9b369b9d0a_c.jpgIluminazione 2 by Brick Matit, su Flickr

51096542647_1e8c44bfd9_c.jpgLibreria by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Love seeing everyone’s MOCs on here so thought I’d share one of my own.
I haven’t tried uploading pictures here before and it doesn’t seem to have been too successful... but this is my minifig scale Hogwarts expansion based on the design of the microscale Hogwarts. It was tricky to adapt this to fit onto fewer plates and the wall of the divination classroom took a while to get right.

The MOC includes a library based on the student accessory pack build, a trophy room and a knight that reveals a hidden secret inspired by the original 4709 Hogwarts Castle. There is also the Divination classroom and a small office for Filch in the tower.

There are better photos of the build on Instagram for anyone interested www.instagram.com/andymacf10/

5CBD614F-4B34-47A2-BA4E-F2F02BEEB101.jpeg.9bb4bd1c0bb883909286318454362f3a.jpegD173AA23-8A53-42B0-A5A9-BEB5630E197C.jpeg.75423f30e1c917e6bb74580f10a988cf.jpeg672FCF57-E1FB-436E-B0F6-E9864848003C.jpeg.f38c8d11de1a44fea582ab85b8990aa7.jpeg

2 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Hi, today I want to share with you some little digital creation I realised for a project I'm working on (Hogwarts Library)...

I love library MOCs in general, Hogwarts library ones in particular! It'd be great to see when it's done, judging by the great bookcase design, and plenty of lighting details. 

1 hour ago, Yope said:

The MOC includes a library based on the student accessory pack build, a trophy room and a knight that reveals a hidden secret inspired by the original 4709 Hogwarts Castle. There is also the Divination classroom and a small office for Filch in the tower.

The classroom looks great and I love how many details you have in Filch's office. The library looks good too and everyone loves a hidden gem :D

2 hours ago, Yope said:

this is my minifig scale Hogwarts expansion based on the design of the microscale Hogwarts

Oh, that's really nice. How many details in so little space... and the reference to the original castle... fantastic!

45 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I love library MOCs in general, Hogwarts library ones in particular! It'd be great to see when it's done

I love library MOCs too!

I will share here my Hogwarts Library when finished. At the moment I'm mostly satisfied with final digital appearance.

I have to take a look into BrickLink and do some orders, then I can start building.

If I have time, in the next days, maybe I'll share some other library piece of furniture.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, Seaber said:

A few more Pygmy Puffs

Oh, and I really like how you create Pygmy Puffs!

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

The classroom looks great and I love how many details you have in Filch's office. The library looks good too and everyone loves a hidden gem :D

Thanks! It's possibly a bit detail heavy but I love adding loads of references like the squib letter and the manacles.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Oh, that's really nice. How many details in so little space... and the reference to the original castle... fantastic!

Thanks, I really like the look of your candle builds and library ideas, I wish I had a little more space to work with in the library to add another row of shelves.  I'd like to be able to have another three books that can be pulled out.

The Peeves from earlier is fantastic as well, the version from the Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets PC games is my favourite version of Peeves and I would love to see an extremely unlikely Peeves figure made in that likeness.  I had never considered the Shakespeare attire but it works really well.  I think a light aqua coloured head the same as Moaning Myrtle would be ideal but there's very little choice, the one below is not bad except for the monocle...

3626cpb1697.original.png

On 4/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Yope said:

There are better photos of the build on Instagram for anyone interested www.instagram.com/andymacf10/

Looks great. You need to host your photos on flickr or other hosting sites to get good photos up on here and then you can just add the link and the picture will appear here. 

Hogwarts Bell Tower moc

I had a go doing some digital designs. Here is my Battle of Hogwarts Bell Tower moc with the greenhouse from Astronomy Tower set added on. I built it in the real world first which defeats the purpose of doing it digitally. :) 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72990/micmacpadwac/battle-at-bell-towers/#details

_20210409_163318

Centaur options with original hair and Mordor Orc hair. 

20edf5457c3e43e21f9ef4fcf539875b.jpg

_20210409_163403_20210409_163453

I hope they keep the old winged key design, I have plenty to populate the Chamber! The wing piece has been out of production for about 20 years though :D

On 4/10/2021 at 2:38 AM, Seaber said:

Centaur options with original hair and Mordor Orc hair. 

I hope they keep the old winged key design, I have plenty to populate the Chamber! The wing piece has been out of production for about 20 years though :D

A key army. Thats a lot of keys. Looking forward to seeing how you integrate them into the new sets.

I made a smaller Gringotts bank and Broomstix that could be added to the existing sets.

Gringotts and Broomstix

22 hours ago, Micmac said:

I made a smaller Gringotts bank and Broomstix that could be added to the existing sets.

I like the dome construction, I used the same method to make a Rivendell gazebo, but with only eight dino tails so it looked more open. It isn't all that stable though, how strong/sturdy is it with what looks like 14 tails? 

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

I like the dome construction, I used the same method to make a Rivendell gazebo, but with only eight dino tails so it looked more open. It isn't all that stable though, how strong/sturdy is it with what looks like 14 tails? 

There not too bad when they are going to something to keep them stable. I have a full circle of them on my larger version and I can add the dragon on top. I think lego needs to make a new piece or print a trans part that form a dome but this is the best way I think at the moment.

3 hours ago, Micmac said:

There not too bad when they are going to something to keep them stable. I have a full circle of them on my larger version and I can add the dragon on top. I think lego needs to make a new piece or print a trans part that form a dome but this is the best way I think at the moment.

I think the dome could be done differently and cheaper than buying the sand green tail piece 14 times. The sand green half dome from the star wars planet series (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=99199pb01&idColor=48#T=S&C=48&O={"color":48,"pi":"2","iconly":0} ) is actually quite cheap on bricklink and it looks better because it forms a solid dome. You could integrate it with slight modifications

Edited by Metanoios91

9 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

I think the dome could be done differently and cheaper than buying the sand green tail piece 14 times. The sand green half dome from the star wars planet series (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=99199pb01&idColor=48#T=S&C=48&O={"color":48,"pi":"2","iconly":0} ) is actually quite cheap on bricklink and it looks better because it forms a solid dome. You could integrate it with slight modifications

I have the piece and I tried it. I looks odd because of the lip pieces that connect the two domes together. It fits on my bigger moc. It works as an alternative I just wish it connected properly like a normal lego piece. 

Edited by Micmac

In this lazy week, without new leaks and while I was preparing some orders on BrickLink and Lego for some projects I'm working on, I decided to play a little with Stud.io.

When we didn't know what the 250$ August set would have been, some suggesteded it could have been Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch. So I've tryed to build this set, starting from Lego 75956_Quidditch-Match set.

51134217207_e214832861_c.jpgHogwarts Quidditch Pitch [All]_2 by Brick Matit, su Flickr

I kept the original set Hooped Goal Posts and Scoring Area and I also kept the original set towers structure. But I enlarged and raised up the towers, added four black and white towers for professors and hosts and six stands and created two scoreboard. On one side, into entral towers I put two tilting walls as players entrying points (on this side one could put two outside lockers room, one for each team).

Final model dimensions are, well, very important :snicker:: 2330 parts; 60,4 cm width, 44 cm length, 23cm heigth.

I'm not sure wheter and when I'm going to build it with bricks, at the moment I miss a lot of pieces and I'm busy with other projects :laugh:.

Here other images https://www.flickr.com/photos/192611055@N03/albums/72157719023395437/with/51134217207/

Let me know what you think!

Edited by BrickMatit

On 4/23/2021 at 2:20 AM, Metanoios91 said:

Star wars dome on Gringotts

Here's a look what it looks like with tabs and with them chopped off. Not sure how people fell about butchering lego but the piece is useless with them  on to me. It's an odd shape as well, think it's 11 studs across which gives it that slight overhang. It wouldn't work with the digital moc as I have an office in the dome so I only need half a dome so you can gain access to it. 

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

Here's a look what it looks like with tabs and with them chopped off. Not sure how people fell about butchering lego but the piece is useless with them  on to me. It's an odd shape as well, think it's 11 studs across which gives it that slight overhang. It wouldn't work with the digital moc as I have an office in the dome so I only need half a dome so you can gain access to it. 

Nice, but I prefer the other one, with sand green tail piece.

6 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Nice, but I prefer the other one, with sand green tail piece.

Me too. There is just something off about this piece. Hopefully we get a proper dome at some stage. 

I love this Harry Potter MOC community! I have always wanted to create my own Hogwarts; since I love the first Lego Harry Potter series design, I'd like to use the new 2021 Hogwarts sets (that are inspired by them) as a starting point for my MOC. 

I wonder how I could make the new Great Hall bigger without making it out of proportion. I have modified an image to figure how it could be a bigger version; what do you think about it? Please ignore the other buildings because I have not modified them.

hog-ingrandito.jpg

hog-normale.png

Edited by Andre76

On 3/31/2021 at 11:38 AM, Seaber said:

A few more Pygmy Puffs. 

This is a great design!  So simple, yet recognizable to Harry Potter fans.  

9 hours ago, Andre76 said:

I love this Harry Potter MOC community! I have always wanted to create my own Hogwarts; since I love the first Lego Harry Potter series design, I'd like to use the new 2021 Hogwarts sets (that are inspired by them) as a starting point for my MOC. 

I wonder how I could make the new Great Hall bigger without making it out of proportion. I have modified an image to figure how it could be a bigger version; what do you think about it? Please ignore the other buildings because I have not modified them.

Elongating the Hall is pretty easy, you just need the parts for a new window section. I'd see how many studs this extends it and figure out how you do the same to the chamber before finalising the Hall. Once your happy you can extend both without too much difficulty you can commit to it. Have fun.

The chief limitation I see with the 2021 Great Hall is that it lacks depth.   There's only enough depth for 1 row of tables, so it's difficult to have a table for each House, like the 2018 Great Hall.

I understand why LEGO did this.  If they made the entire model deeper, it would be more difficult to see, access and play with items on the lower level.  In my own experience building MOCs as a child, I was continually frustrated by the tradeoff between having depth and accessibility in multi-level structures.  The Expert modulars solve this by having easily removable floors, but the piece count/cost would be too high for sets intended mostly for children. 

I see that the 2021 Great Hall is designed to rest on the rock structures much like a Modular level.  

My strategy for expanding the Great Hall would be to build a rock base that is 2x as deep (but maintaining the same overall length), and then extend the Hall accordingly.  

I think I'd need 2 Chamber of Secrets sets to get the level of detail that I want, though I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the $ for that.  The new  Creator 3-in-1 Castle that was just leaked is tough competition for my budget! 

After much prototyping I've finally come up with the best possible Knocturn Alley window mod for the D2C Diagon Alley set. Everyone who has the set can agree that the original design was extremely ugly. Thought I'd share it here, hope you can see how it's built. 

Displaying IMG_0640.jpgDisplaying IMG_0646.jpgDisplaying IMG_0642.jpg