Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

11 hours ago, Mikado said:

Horse back in stock (Norway), no torso/shield/legs atm

Thanks ordered one (1) horse 😂 

Ordered a few torsos before, but I don't need more than 10. I don't want an army where everyone have the exact same outfit. Hopefully we will se some variations of the falcon torso in the 3 in 1 set this summer. 

On 4/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, yokozuna said:

Thanks ordered one (1) horse 😂 

Ordered a few torsos before, but I don't need more than 10. I don't want an army where everyone have the exact same outfit. Hopefully we will se some variations of the falcon torso in the 3 in 1 set this summer. 

Not meaning to be dismissive, I get the desire for variety, and would certainly not mind new Black Falcon-inspired figs that fill different roles like royalty or nobility, but when army building I think it's probably good to have at least a little uniformity. I think an good way to add variety even while using the same torsos would be to vary things up with things like helmets and shoulder armor for the knights according to their role or rank. There's certainly a wide variety of options available for changing those sorts of accessories up.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, Lyichir said:

Not meaning to be dismissive, I get the desire for variety, and would certainly not mind new Black Falcon-inspired figs that fill different roles like royalty or nobility, but when army building I think it's probably good to have at least a little uniformity. I think an good way to add variety even while using the same torsos would be to vary things up with things like helmets and shoulder armor for the knights according to their role or rank. There's certainly a wide variety of options available for changing those sorts of accessories up.

As well as helmets and armour, you can vary arm colours to change the sleeves of the outfit too, and also vary the leg colours to change the length of the tabard, or have different chain mail showing on the legs. Then have some with swords, some with quivers and bows and arrows, some with pikes, and so on and soon they look quite varied even though the torso is the same each time.

Started building this (my first castle set) and eagerly anticipating the next one.

I have a not exactly related to this set question but one which I think people in this forum may be able to answer (hopefully not too off topic) about the armour with the right shoulder pad worn by the male black falcon (linked below). In reality would that sort of armour normally be built up on the right hand side rather than on the left? I would have thought that it could restrict your sword arm, while offering less protection to the arm which the opponent knight would normally be attacking? Since it can only be worn one way due to the back stud is this a piece of armour that has been made back to front by Lego or are my suppositions incorrect?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=65435&idColor=95#T=C&C=95

This kind of shoulder armor is a bit exagerated compared to real-life medieval armor. But that's something you often see with Lego utilities. The left arm would normally be used for carrying a shield, which supposedly covers your left shoulder too.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:32 PM, GeoBrick said:

This kind of shoulder armor is a bit exagerated compared to real-life medieval armor. But that's something you often see with Lego utilities. The left arm would normally be used for carrying a shield, which supposedly covers your left shoulder too.

Yeah, it's sort of a consequence of how exaggerated the minifigure itself is. Larger shoulder armor allows for a little more room for the arms to move (since the arms are rigid and the armor is attached to the neck instead of moving with them), and in my opinion, looks a little better scale-wise with minifigs, in part because covering the shoulders more helps to obscure the added neck height. By contrast, armor that doesn't cover the shoulders as much can look sort of odd to me proportionally, since the distance between the head and the top of the shoulders gets increased.

I think I'll add the Viking from 71027 as a visitor to this set. Yes, somehow he did get a bit lost :)

6 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I think I'll add the Viking from 71027 as a visitor to this set. Yes, somehow he did get a bit lost :)

5004419: Classic Knights Minifigure is my only Modern "Classic" Castle set (beside Nexo) so for now I added it to the Blacksmith as well.

i am a big fan of extensions to existing sets. upgrades where you can still see immediately which set it was originally.
But for the 21325 there is nothing at all. personally i think the set is more than successful and i am still available for upgrades

On 3/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, jtooker said:

If you'd like more information or my opinions on the set, I've written a detailed review of 21325 Medieval Blacksmith.

In 21325 Medieval Blacksmith, LEGO sells an AFOL-quality castle MOC as a set.

Read the review at http://www.lolugclub.org/2021/03/16/medieval-blacksmith-21325-review

Did you get to finish your MOD with the 2nd set?

3 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

Did you get to finish your MOD with the 2nd set?

No, I haven't got a second copy yet

3 years since buying this, finally opened.  Apart from a few flaws, absolutely loving it!