Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Mid-February's not all that long away, and in any case there's no guarantee the estimated time on the website is actually when it's backordered to. Sometimes it's sooner. I ordered the Razor Crest back in November, and was told then it was on backorder until the beginning of February. Lo and behold, a few weeks later it turns up - more had obviously come into production sooner than expected, and they shipped it.

Yes, I've had the same experience with backordered sets, and I don't want this particularly quickly. It's just the only set available at the moment that should give the GWPs, and it will be irritating if it ships without them. Even the small polybags I would normally order to get the GWPs are backordered.

Got my blacksmith shop from a local lego store and built it today.  I must say it was a fun build.  The interior is  really nice and i really like the bear skin rug.  The black falcon figs are great and I like the printing on the torso and legs.  The tree is nicely done too.  I hope the torso's and legs show up on B@P.  The tan horse is a very welcome addition.  The cart isn't to bad either.  

The black falcon torso (Element: 6335192), legs (6335666) and the tan horse (6343565) from blacksmith set is now showing as AVAILABLE to order!!!! For army builders, GO GO GO!

Edit: think torso is now sold out in my region but could still be available in other countries.

Edited by chill9394

Any idea of how fast a piece usually come back in stock? Are we taking hours, days or weeks? Or sometimes they never come back? Never ordered from B&P before. 

• 37 minutes ago, yokozuna said:

Any idea of how fast a piece usually come back in stock? Are we taking hours, days or weeks? Or sometimes they never come back? Never ordered from B&P before. 

Quite likely weeks I think. All the interesting bits are out of stock for me as well.

No extra horse for me, really wish they could put a maximum amount on these as well, atleast for the first week or so :(

19 minutes ago, Mikado said:

No extra horse for me, really wish they could put a maximum amount on these as well, atleast for the first week or so :(

100% agree!

26 minutes ago, Gnukan said:

100% agree!

Probably not much use, but sent them an email asking if they could consider this in the future. I'm sure there are a lot of mums (and dads) out there like me, who cant afford/dont want to buy 2 sets, but know the kids will be very happy if they can have one each of the animals. We rather have a big nice set that everyone can have fun with, than to buy 2 smaller sets.

Also asked if I could "pre-order" one to not miss out again, but I'm guessing this is something they will not do.

9 hours ago, chill9394 said:

The black falcon torso (Element: 6335192), legs (6335666) and the tan horse (6343565) from blacksmith set is now showing as AVAILABLE to order!!!! For army builders, GO GO GO!

Edit: think torso is now sold out in my region but could still be available in other countries.

Is this from Lego or another website?

11 hours ago, chill9394 said:

It is going to be expensive to get a herd of horses :wacko:

8 hours ago, Mikado said:

Agreed

3 hours ago, kchan98 said:

Thank you! Never knew this option existed.

It's a really good way of getting parts. BrickLink has more choice because you'll find everything there, compared to a more limited selection of stuff on the LEGO website (bizarrely), but LEGO does have a lot and, critically, they probably have more than any one BrickLink store, plus, if you order enough in total (including just regular sets), then you get free shipping. So it can work out much better value compared to BrickLink where you'll probably have to pay shipping from multiple stores. It's always worth checking.

One other caveat is that shipping times can take a while. Usually it's a couple of weeks, but at the moment it's taking up to two months to arrive.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is going to be expensive to get a herd of horses :wacko:

Sometimes you just wait for the Pick a Brick at your local lego store for leaves and horses...

50906764337_653f2bd8b9_b.jpgHorses and horses by Natesroom, on Flickr

Edited by natesroom

5 hours ago, natesroom said:

Sometimes you just wait for the Pick a Brick at your local lego store for leaves and horses...

*oh2*
I guess that is some year ago since it is the old horse mould, but a nice haul nonetheless :sweet:

As great as this set looks, sadly with the way of the world these days not many Lego fans can afford to pay £135 plus I'm sure prices will increase as well. As Lego sells out and people start selling it used or the second one they bought and prices will hit the £200 mark.

All I hope that does happen is that Lego realise how popular the 'normal castle' theme is and launch it again. However they launch it properly not 6 sets for 1 year and that's all but a launch of say 8 sets that is added to over say 3 or 4 years. I am sure it will be very popular for them and it will make them some good profits, and it will give us fans on a budget a chance to get some castle sets, as even the old sets are going for a kings ransom now.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

*oh2*
I guess that is some year ago since it is the old horse mould, but a nice haul nonetheless :sweet:

Yeah this was probably 5-6 years ago. I def filled like 3 or 4 cups. i think i got like 50 or so.

yaay i just got a message saying my blacksmith set is due for delivery tomorrow honestly i was expecting next week

pretty quick timing too then as i ordered it on the 1st , i really hope the set sells extremely well then we have a better chance of lego choosing another medieval style ideas set next time

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

yaay i just got a message saying my blacksmith set is due for delivery tomorrow honestly i was expecting next week

Mine's coming too. Honestly, it's inconvenient it coming too soon. My usual backlog storage is still filled with the Skull Sorceror's Dungeons and Ship in a Bottle sets, the loft is filled with sandwich bags full of old half-sorted sets, and I just had a big job lot arrive today from eBay that I need to sort through before I have room on my desk. First time in my life I've been exasperated by Lego delivering too quickly:pir_laugh2:

32 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Mine's coming too. Honestly, it's inconvenient it coming too soon. My usual backlog storage is still filled with the Skull Sorceror's Dungeons and Ship in a Bottle sets, the loft is filled with sandwich bags full of old half-sorted sets, and I just had a big job lot arrive today from eBay that I need to sort through before I have room on my desk. First time in my life I've been exasperated by Lego delivering too quickly:pir_laugh2:

yeah i got the message just when i about to start playing a dragon quest game so i guess i dont have to build it straight away for once 

i have this bad knack of rushing too much when building lego sets and i dont know why