Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

15 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

It kinda does, the knights have the half black/half silver Eagle shields, and blue torsos with that design in the middle

I.e. the Black Falcon knights.

When i checked theleaked picutre it feels like an 80$ set, not 150$... 

Its a nicely done set:

- Loving the horse

- Loving the figures especially soldiers

But as I said, the price tag is insane...do we have the parts number yet? 

1 hour ago, Jiesdeo said:

I.e. the Black Falcon knights.

Haha thanks, I don't know much (anything) about the factions of Castle theme :blush: I just know this set looks pretty decent 

I'm personally really looking forward to getting this set. There's still plenty of detail and olde worlde charm in there even if they have reined in the original concept. Love it.

Edited by Salty Balti

I am a bit disappointed by the roof (these green tiles were really not necessary and the blue tiles should have been all dark blue), but besides that it is a day one purchase for me! Let us just hope the price is 130 and not 150...

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry.  To summarize, it seems that the people who didn't vote for it largely didn't notice it, and those that did were not hung up on the brighter colors.  A few of us voted for it because it had a load of animals, but most of us voted for it just because we're desperate for castle.  The only real hangup to purchasing it now is the price point.

I will say, if this set is over 2000 pieces as stonewars says, it may be more of a modular size and would feel like more value to me.  There have been several sets of late that seem larger when you see them in person.  Even the Diagon Alley set that I knew was going to be big looks HUGE in person.  So I'm hoping once I see better pictures of this set and/or in person it will have a modular feel.  Let's hope we start getting some medieval sets with animals.  We really need a sheep!

I hope this comes out soon.  I'm just itching for something official lego castle to buy.  I really do hope that lego does more castle ideas sets.  

I saw over on an Instagram leak that the Blacksmith set is $150, but it comes in at a whopping 2,164 pieces.

5 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

I saw over on an Instagram leak that the Blacksmith set is $150, but it comes in at a whopping 2,164 pieces.

That seems reasonable! It's important to keep in mind that due to currency inflation, a $150 set these days generally won't be quite "modular building sized" — after all, that might've been a typical price for a Modular Building a decade or so ago, but when adjusted to the US dollar's current value, that original RRP equates to around $180 (the cost of last year's Bookshop). So this price per piece makes sense for a build that's smaller and less expensive than the Bookshop, but still has around the same price per piece you'd expect for that level of intricacy.

Edited by Aanchir

I agree sometimes size in person is different than pictures. But still, another $150 set is tough to chew. TOO many large beautiful sets. Hard to miss out on some, but will have to.

Do we know what the GBP price is? (Literally saw the press release pop up in another tab midway through writing this)

Also I was thinking of rebuilding some of my old sets that I gutted for parts, so how well do you think the houses from Medieval Market Village would scale ot this set? This one is obviously taller, and there'd be 2 blacksmiths (though I'd just mod the one from MMV into something else) but do you think this one would dwarf the others to a ridiculous degree? I almost feel like it should, with it costing much more than the other 2 buildings combined, however it doesn't look like it would. And my hope is that with the three building's it can be the start of a little town, with me making some extra buildings and giving it a farm and a wall.

I feel like it won't scale well, but that's okay. I'm more likely to display it with the other Ideas sets than with MMV and KJ anyhow. The knights may wander over though. :)

Seeing the official pictures, I think the set looks decent. I just expected a little more details from a $150 set...

Basically its a medieval modular building :) 2100 + pcs for 149 USD its a not bad deal. (Back in a time modulars cost that price with similar amount of pieces, but definitely lacking such details). So for me its a one big YES and DAY 1 purchase. 

I will just put it on 32x32 baseplate and create pavement to fit this among my existing modular street. And next to MB I probably put Spring lantern festival :) I am looking forvard to it... 

Love the Blacksmith! 
However, kind of upset about the pricing strategy of Lego. The set will cost 169,99 euro's in the Netherlands and 149,99 in Germany, what's that about....

Just now, Deivit said:

However, kind of upset about the pricing strategy of Lego. The set will cost 169,99 euro's in the Netherlands and 149,99 in Germany, what's that about....

How interesting! Here in France, it will cost 159,99€. Maybe it's because of the different tax rates?

Pricing has always been the same in the whole of Europe I believe, however,  since the new sets of January, you do see a price difference, x-wing for example is 5 euro's more expensive.  

I didn't know they had huskies in the medieval times. Why not a goat? That would make this set really interesting for people who do not want to pay 50 euro for one on Bricklink...

Edited by Lira_Bricks

Just now, Lira_Bricks said:

I didn't know they had huskies in the medieval times. Why not a goat? That would make this set really interesting for people who do not want to pay 50 euro for one on Bricklink...

You can remove him and pretend that it never happend.  Voila - problem solved :)