Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the release date is Feb 1st

Which means the reveal should be shortly after New Years Day

My wallet is going to be crying.

Now that we have confirmation of the Ninjago City Gardens releasing on February 1st, does anyone know when the Blacksmith will release? Mid February perhaps?

Wow, the building looks amazing! I love what they’ve done with it. 

Here’s hoping we’ll soon see what minifigs and animals might be part of the set. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Here’s hoping we’ll soon see what minifigs and animals might be part of the set. 

It looks good on first glance, however there better be some cool animal moulds and minifigs with the set :devil:

It seems nice and cute so far. I will wait for the better pictures and possible minifigs and other accesories (animals etc.). I like th epossibility to easily put it on the 32 x 32 baseplate to fit it into my modular city :)

I don't mind the scaling down, and I like the redesigned roof but I would have preferred that they kept the wood dark brown and also with the woodgrain print.

This looks like a pretty good build. My favorite aspect of it is the roof. The shields in various colors of blue make a really cool texture and makes the building pop. It's a tad disappointing how scaled down the building is, but I hope that means it will be a relatively affordable set.

I am not really a fan of the color choices for the roof, and I far prefer the original submission's more muted colors that looked a lot more Medieval-ish. And the fact that they downscaled it so much is also quite disappointing to me. Overall, a good set, but the original submission was a lot better.

I love the workplace and the shield (if that is a printed element). I´d have hoped to get the new sword mould in another colour. The 3 I can see are the same like in the cmf. I really hope we get a reddish brown viking helmet with gold or silver print, which would allow me to make a perfect Eowyn. The rest is not my cup of tea...

Oh, that looks nice. Defintely like the change of roof. It looks more clean now, somewhere halfway between fairytale look and the old medieval market set.

I like the build and am on the side of those that prefer the scaled down size.  I don't want the town blacksmith to be as large as the castle.

Minifigs and animals definitely can impact my love for this set.  IG says 4 figs plus a horse.  If they include a goat as shown in original submission this gets much cooler.

2 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

If they include a goat as shown in original submission this gets much cooler.

From what I heard, the goat mold was actually destroyed years ago. The LEGO designer Mark Stafford wanted to include it in the T-Rex Rampage set from last year, but he couldn't. So don't expect to see any goat mold of any kind in this set.

What I like about it:

-Finally something similar to the Classic Castle theme!!
-Overall pleasant color scheme
-Nice building techniques for the tree
-Printed parts

What I don't really like:

-I preferred the techniques for the roof in the original project...
-The base feels rather simplified
-A lot less complex
-Looks too clean for a medieval building; I wouldn't mind a messier one
-No minifigures - I don't collect them, but there are many people who will appreciate them
-If $149.99 is the actual price, it sounds a bit steep...
-I wish it was more similar to the original project in general; other than the size there are a lot of other things that changed

Overall:

The pros outweighs the cons by quite a bit, but I'll probably wait for official pictures to decide whether I'll get this set or not. While it's easy to appreciate TLG making things similar to the Classic Castle theme, after seeing the original project the set just leaves more to be desired...

Just my own thoughts.

Edited by JintaiZ

Yea the rumored price is rather spicy and also,did anyone notice the new sword piece?I hope it gets introduced in other sets as well.

Edited by LOTR34

13 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

-If $149.99 is the actual price, it sounds a bit steep...

Not steep, but insane in my opinion. Looking on the size, if its around 1000 pieces, I would expect it somewhere around 80€, like fossils/iss/central perk/ship in the bottle. But it would not surprise me, elf club house is overpriced as well...

Depends on the price tag, this is the only one new set that really interest me, so I hope they keep it reasonable, and bring us an amazing set, as is The Baracuda Bay.

This is going to be a Day One purchase for me.

The last time Lego did a proper Castle range was in my second Dark Age, and in the Kingdoms era I generally had enough money to buy one set every six months, if I saved every penny. And fool as I am, when I went to Legoland and my mum offered me the chance to pick literally any set under £80 to have as a gift, I chose a run-of-the-mill Creator set over anything Castle.

To have even one set is outstanding news - and for me the timing could not be better. I'm in the planning stages of an absurdly ambitious medieval brickfilm series (curse my inability to rein my ideas in!) so the pieces will be absolutely welcome. I hope there's some good minifigures, especially civilians - perhaps a blacksmith's wife with a wimple or something?

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

-No minifigures - I don't collect them, but there are many people who will appreciate them

There definitely will be minifigures, they are just not in this picture. Rumor is 3 or 4 figures and a horse. 

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Yea the rumored price is rather spicy and also,did anyone notice the new sword piece?I hope it gets introduced in other sets as well.

Its not a new piece, it was used in CMF Series 20, the "Tournament Knight." I am glad to see it again though. In the picture it almost looks chrome, but that is probably just a artifact of the rendering. 

2 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Minifigs and animals definitely can impact my love for this set.  IG says 4 figs plus a horse.  If they include a goat as shown in original submission this gets much cooler.

1 horse?! So the goat, owl, hare and 3 chickens are removed *huh* Sounds like a really bad call to me if true:hmpf:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

1 horse?! So the goat, owl, hare and 3 chickens are removed *huh* Sounds like a really bad call to me if true:hmpf:

I hope the goat is included, but I have my doubts.  I at least hope that the horse is grey.

For $150, I am curious to see the rest of the pictures, particularly of the interior.  They changed a lot.  I'm happy with the Nexo shield roof, but disappointed in the bright blue color.  I think that dark blue would have been good and they could have interleaved reddish brown or dark brown for variation, but the blue sticks out a lot.  I really don't like the bright colors on the tree.  Dark orange leaf pieces would have been much cooler.  The smaller size and less texture looks fine to me.  I would have loved printed wood pieces, but I understand they are costly, so am OK with the plain wooden boards.  Dark brown would have been great, but I'm OK with reddish brown.  I think they also missed the mark without brown grasses.  Had they included the goat and left the more muted vegetation I probably would have picked up 5 copies.  Now I will have to wait to see if I will pick up 1 or 2, depending on the interior.  Cool, yes.  Great for parts?  Maybe OK.  Really amazing?  Not by these pics so far.