Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

The Medieval Blacksmith project has been approved and will become an official LEGO set

resize:800:450

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

The Medieval Blacksmith project has been approved and will become an official LEGO set

O.M.G. :grin:

Between the Pirate Bay and this my wallet is not going to be happy about Ideas over the next while. But I will be. ;)

Ok, I was sceptic about the Blacksmith being large, but been thinking about it without the base it isn't all that huge , just tall. 

Still like it a lot and has a great color scheme.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, leafan said:

O.M.G. :grin:

Yep, definite buy for me! With this and the Creator pirate ship, it might be a good year for fans of Classic themes!

THIS IS SPART... AWESOME!!

Release day purchase for sure.

Now do me a modular Pirate theme wharf/dockfront with traders and sailor taverns next!

49 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

THIS IS SPART... AWESOME!!

Release day purchase for sure.

Now do me a modular Pirate theme wharf/dockfront with traders and sailor taverns next!

That would be a dream come true ?

3 hours ago, Cynath said:

Amazing set. When do you think it will come out? 

By the end of the year I'd guess

Nice. Definitely a release day buy for me. I'm hoping it sells very well and encourages Lego to release a new castle wave. 

This is great news.  I will be buying this when it comes out.  Such a nice set, will be a welcome addition to my collection.  

I am really shocked.  I never thought in a million years they would pick this set to produce.  I am quite happy nonetheless, and will probably max out the number of copies they let me buy.  Without a proper castle theme, I think the best thing to do is for all of us to support it with our money and let TLG know that there is still a lot of excitement about Castle.  Also, here's hoping they add a goat.

Hmm, I'm very happy that it's been chosen; castle could do with some love but it will be interesting to see what compromises TLG have to make in order to make the "greeble" heavy design work within the structural and stability guidelines that TLG sets have to meet.

At least the walls on this set are primarily comprised of stacked bricks rather than stacked tiles a-la "Derfel Cardan" style moc's. My gut feeling is that the roof is most likely to under-go some simplification to make it "buildable from instructions".

2 hours ago, Robin_IV said:

This will be a hard year for my wallet... :grin:

The Good news is you wallet is probably safe this year but the bad news is that we probably won’t see this set until 2021. 

We still have Sesame Street, Pirates Bay and Piano which most will be out before Medieval Blacksmith 

Very happy about this. I don’t remember where but they had a guarding game and the two idea sets i guessed / wanted were approved. I want the goat. But what is that funny rabbit thing? Duplo?

They likely will, but the least I'm hoping for is that they'll retain the Earth Blue roof in the finalized set, as for me it's the most attractive aspect of the original design. :classic:

My wallet is going to kill me... and I have no space in my apartment.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

They likely will, but the least I'm hoping for is that they'll retain the Earth Blue roof in the finalized set, as for me it's the most attractive aspect of the original design. :classic:

Dark Blue indeed is a nice color, and even fits with Nexo Knights, heresy maybe , but that theme actually had villages but those never were sets :look:

Edited by TeriXeri