Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

On 3/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, Gomek said:

1 and 2 being reasons to buy, and 3 and 4 being reasons not to buy.

Yeah I agree on that. Although I will still pick up the set in a case 3 or 4 scenario as a display piece if we ever get the figures in a cmf series.

I think the sesame street set might give us a pretty good idea of what we can expect, as that one is in a pretty similar situation.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, Gomek said:

I agree this is a pretty interesting idea as it makes a lot more sense (scale-wise) with a Christopher Robin figure.

I guess my preference would be  1) figures with molded heads,  2) animal molds  >>>  3) Brick built (which I don't think will capture the likenesses)  >>>  4) printed on regular figures (which would look awful)

1 and 2 being reasons to buy, and 3 and 4 being reasons not to buy.

Reason 4 reminds me of that LEGO Ideas The Flintstones set.

3 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Reason 4 reminds me of that LEGO Ideas The Flintstones set.

The way I've felt about it is this...

For most human charters a normal printed head is fine. The problem is it seems to be becoming a 'rule' for all human characters whether they are animated or not.

When these characters are cartoons but NOT highly stylized, like the Scooby Doo gang, Peter Pan or even Aladdin, it looks fine. When the charters are highly stylized, like Woody, Buzz, Mr. Incredible or the Flintstones, you just completely loose the resemblance to the characters and the figures just look cheap.

As @Harkonen mentioned in the Monkey Kid topic, they might use the newly leaked pig chef mold for piglet. Although I still hope for new molds, it will at least look better than the pig mask or spider-ham. It's only a little bit too fat and the ears are in the wrong place but at least shaped the right way.

With the new BAM figures being revealed/leaked I can't help but wonder if they'll use the Cheetah hat piece for Tigger. The piece looks pretty accurate now that I've seen it on the tiger girl in the right colours. Add the scratchy tail piece and they're basically good to go.

Not exactly what I hope for, but it now looks like a realistic possibility.

6 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

With the new BAM figures being revealed/leaked I can't help but wonder if they'll use the Cheetah hat piece for Tigger. The piece looks pretty accurate now that I've seen it on the tiger girl in the right colours. Add the scratchy tail piece and they're basically good to go.

I can also see them using the molds for bugs bunny and porky pig in this set if the Looney Tunes cmf rumor is true

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Where have they leaked exactly? Can't find anything on IG :shrug_oh_well:

Edit: Never mind, it was under a different hashtag :blush: Interesting parts, but I'm not sure the tiger head piece would work all that well for Tigger tbh :sceptic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Where have they leaked exactly? Can't find anything on IG :shrug_oh_well:

Edit: Never mind, it was under a different hashtag :blush: Interesting parts, but I'm not sure the tiger head piece would work all that well for Tigger tbh :sceptic:

Can find anything under the usual #!!!

I only just now noticed it also comes with a tail. That is gonna come in handy if I ever need to make a purified Tigger in case the real one dissapoints (if there even is one)

Minifigs with new head molds leaked for the Sesame Street set, I'd say the odds for the Pooh characters getting new molds with or without Disney S3 are pretty good now.

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Minifigs with new head molds leaked for the Sesame Street set, I'd say the odds for the Pooh characters getting new molds with or without Disney S3 are pretty good now.

Turns out there is a rumor for a third Disney series for 2021. 1 is the loony tunes CMF, 1 is the regular series and then the third would be Disney. Hopefully its true!

3 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

Turns out there is a rumor for a third Disney series for 2021. 1 is the loony tunes CMF, 1 is the regular series and then the third would be Disney. Hopefully its true!

As mentioned in the other thread, this stems from a no-name account on IG, so it’s 99.9% fake :tongue:

So.... its been almost a whole year since this was approved

How come there is no even a price confirmed for this set? Let alone a date

Why is this taking so long? If I'm right only Voltron so far was taken this long to release

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

So.... its been almost a whole year since this was approved

How come there is no even a price confirmed for this set? Let alone a date

Why is this taking so long? If I'm right only Voltron so far was taken this long to release

Wasn’t there a rumor that it was $99.99.

I strongly believe that it will be put in April as it was announced alongside Blacksmith.

Perhaps it's taken a bit of a back seat with the whole coronavirus thing causing no end of issues with everything, so allocating resources to assist other areas? Just a guess though. I can't understand why it's taking so long either otherwise. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

$140

1265 pcs

Release date: July 1st

Thanks for the update :thumbup: Man, I was hoping for a release in spring, like the previous rumour said :sad: 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

$140

1265 pcs

Release date: July 1st

It's actually most likely April (1st? not sure), as claimed by @Falconfan1414 on his discord server. Also the $140 price is in canadian, it'll be $100 USD and most likely 100.

Edited by Tygurah

$100 and April release. The price listed on the website was Canadian and I can confirm it’s $100 and with retailers like this they get the sets 3 months after the release date so if it says July then April 1st is the release date (May, June, July) 

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

$100 and April release. The price listed on the website was Canadian and I can confirm it’s $100 and with retailers like this they get the sets 3 months after the release date so if it says July then April 1st is the release date (May, June, July) 

Thanks :thumbup: I forgot about the 3 month shift between s@h and retail release dates for Ideas sets and I also failed to realise the price was in CAD :grin: $100 sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

My main concern is the amount of minifigs for this set, which directly correlates with the amount of new moulds. The Sesame Street set had 5 at $120, so I expect 4 in this one (Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Rabbit). Eeyore would have to be axed then, which isn’t too bad in my eyes since he obviously wouldn‘t work as a minifig anyway. The brick-built version in the original submission doesn‘t work either :tongue:

That Winnie the Pooh torso is kind of disturbing...

Also, he totally needed middle legs 

Edited by Robert8