Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

1 hour ago, Surge said:

Oh wasn't even thinking of that, fair point. However I feel they could make an acceptation for these two as you can really have one with the other.

I did however just realized if they do make Roo a small fig, it wouldn't be to scale with Piglet, so I'm not sure what they would do 

Roo might just be a disembodied head solution like the horse in Cowboy Costume boy in Series 18 had 

This set is amazing! The minifigs and the build itself are fantastic. Also nice to see that the leaked Piglet was assembled incorrectly and he has more accurately colored legs in the set. I'll definitely be picking this one up very soon.

Definitely looking forward to the future of Disney and Lego, between the CMF and this year's sets they look like they know how to go beyond just huge D2Cs.

12 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Are those curvy pieces used for the tree trunk new? I hadn't seen them before.

This set looks perfect to me. I wasn't excited when I saw the original submission, but now I am very impressed!

Those are a recolor. Those tubes first appeared in black in Mickey and Minnie big figures set in 2020 I guess 

Just found the set image.

• Eeyore is my favorite mould. Very well done.

• Piglet and Pooh make more sense around the other figures

• House is a bit on the smaller compact side, I think it could have done with just a little bit more room. He never had a spacious house but this is just tiny

•Silhouette works well and the tree looks nice

• Pooh still needs a belly mould and looks ridiculous with his skinny lego body and big bear head. Should have had a Gamorrean Guard type mould with a belly attached to the head. He looks like Winnie on a diet.

• Very open to more sets that expand on the cast. Isn’t there a Kangaroo with a baby? I want her!! Not sure what more sets can be made but I’m down. There’s a human too? Lets not make this an entire license but maybe a few more sets like Ghostbusters had.

i love how we can actually do pooh bears up down touch the ground exercise that he uses to perform dark magic

i think the size of the house is great considering all the detail inside

i love how tigger has the locket from the tigger movie

i might add a blue bird to the set for kessie - nostalgia points to anyone who knows what im talking about

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There are high res images all over Instagram now too.

Thanks, seems TLG have now also revealed it! 

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Should have had a Gamorrean Guard type mould with a belly attached to the head. He looks like Winnie on a diet.

Budget for that absolutely essential torso element should have been ringfenced.

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Budget for that absolutely essential torso element should have been ringfenced.

Pardon me what does ringfenced mean

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Pardon me what does ringfenced mean

Protected and not used for anything else. So in this case, the torsos should have had a sufficient budget assigned and then not reallocated. Although I'm not sure there is any evidence to suggest this actually happened, and that LEGO comprised on the torsos.

There have been a couple of sets that have come close to tempting me to break my Harry Potter-only rule, but this one went ahead and truly obliterated that rule. It looks INCREDIBLE! :pir-love:

12 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Apart from the ridiculous oversized legs of Pooh, could they really not stretched to having the 100 acre wood sign as printed tile(s) rather than stickered? Boo...

I think it's a decent trade for 5 new molds.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:04 AM, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i love how we can actually do pooh bears up down touch the ground exercise that he uses to perform dark magic

i think the size of the house is great considering all the detail inside

i love how tigger has the locket from the tigger movie

i might add a blue bird to the set for kessie - nostalgia points to anyone who knows what im talking about

This one would be great for Kessie...

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27370pb03&name=Duplo Bird with White Chest Pattern, Yellow Beak and Feathered Eye Borders&category=[Duplo, Animal]#T=S&C=105&O={"color":105,"iconly":0}

Hard to find though. You could always do the azure bird from the last two modulars. 

Looking back at Piglet and pictures of the characters online, I agree with whoever said she should have been released with the small minidoll bodies from the Disney princess line. The scale would be right and they could have just made the head piece either smaller, or as a mask that goes over a regular minifig head. The definitely look bigger than they should. Looking at pictures of Winnie he also has a relatively small stomach but he still looks weird with his big head and thin Lego body. 

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Looking back at Piglet and pictures of the characters online, I agree with whoever said she should have been released with the small minidoll bodies from the Disney princess line. The scale would be right and they could have just made the head piece either smaller, or as a mask that goes over a regular minifig head. The definitely look bigger than they should. Looking at pictures of Winnie he also has a relatively small stomach but he still looks weird with his big head and thin Lego body. 

But a minidoll head is not the same as a minifig head and I know you can use the hair pieces from a minidoll on a minifig but that may not work if its a mask over the minidoll head.  Personally I think the minidoll mold is to skinny for Piglet but I do see the what you are saying.  Also they could've done something like they did with Bombur from the Hobbit and have a molded belly piece attached to the head, that might have looked better.  

Ordered my set early this morning with the VIP early access. Added a VIdiyo Beatbox for the free shipping, and then redeemed a voucher to the same value as the Beatbox. That brought me down to .1c below the cost of the Pooh set, plus free GWP rabbit house and Vidiyo sticker sheet.

Edited by sunhuntin

In case people haven't realised, the VIP reward centre is offering five sketches (art prints?) depicting Winnie the Pooh and friends in various scenes. 750 VIP points for each one. Two are already sold out in the UK.

45 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

I'm partially responsible for that....

Same :grin: I've placed the order the minute it opened.

6 hours ago, Friscorays said:

I'm partially responsible for that....

You and me both :grin: Though I am cursing myself for using VIP points when I got the Amelia Earhart promo set a few weeks back, if I hadn't then I'd have been able to get a second one of the Winnie the Pooh sketches.