Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

6 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Tje set is surprisingly good considering the Ideas submission which was terrible. But still that tree is not good looking. More branches and greenery...

I agree it looks good and better than the submission however I think the tree look great with the coral piece in green for the first time :thumbup:
5-6 new molds and several printed parts, too bad the Blacksmith and B-Bay did not get the same budget as this and Sesame street :shrug_confused:

Edited by Roebuck

Apart from the ridiculous oversized legs of Pooh, could they really not stretched to having the 100 acre wood sign as printed tile(s) rather than stickered? Boo...

Love it! Minifigures are simply amazing, but yeah I agree that Winnie's legs would look way better if they were short articulated 

Although seeing them all standing next to each other in the official photo, it would have looked really odd for Pooh to have mid-legs relative to the rest, as Piglet would look bigger than Pooh. But either way, to me it's minor quibbles. I think it's great.

I love the 1x1-bee-round-tiles. The whole build is gorgeous (except for the one grey piece in the tree, but it is easy to fix).

As someone who hates the licence I'll sell the figures and get a neat build for a good price :) So i don't care about the pig being completely out of scale (Lego should have used the baby body mould and made the head smaller) and the use of long legs for the bear. I have to admit the other 3 are executed very well.

There is just one thing that bothers me: I don't get what's "cute" about wrong spelling. The "Honey"-Pots would be such lovely peaces... Now I can use them for uneducated medieval peasants at best :/

Absolutely fantastic set - huge improvement compared to the original project! The price of $100 also seems very reasonable for a licensed set.

9 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Absolutely fantastic set - huge improvement compared to the original project! The price of $100 also seems very reasonable for a licensed set.

Is this a confirmed price? Would be nice to have it for around the same price as "Friends"

Just now, adwind said:

Is this a confirmed price? Would be nice to have it for around the same price as "Friends"

stonewars and promobricks listed the price at $100 so...

P.S. I reached 3000 posts. :grin:

I must admit, I'm surprised at the absence of Kanga/Roo. That said, I had no plans on getting the set until I saw the design - which is wonderful, even without considering the minifigures at all. Now I've seen the set, it's shot up to "strongly considering buying" for me, so it's a good job Kanga and Roo are missing - if they'd been included too, I'd probably have been wanting to buy the set Day One, and I can't really afford that at the moment! As it is, I can wait a few months until I've got more money free for spending and fewer sets I want more urgently, and save myself the horror of a gaping hole in my next bank statement from buying too many bricks.

Fingers crossed for something in one of the CMFs or Vidiyo sets, or even the City sets, that can be used to make the missing characters.

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I must admit, I'm surprised at the absence of Kanga/Roo. That said, I had no plans on getting the set until I saw the design - which is wonderful, even without considering the minifigures at all. Now I've seen the set, it's shot up to "strongly considering buying" for me, so it's a good job Kanga and Roo are missing - if they'd been included too, I'd probably have been wanting to buy the set Day One, and I can't really afford that at the moment! As it is, I can wait a few months until I've got more money free for spending and fewer sets I want more urgently, and save myself the horror of a gaping hole in my next bank statement from buying too many bricks.

Fingers crossed for something in one of the CMFs or Vidiyo sets, or even the City sets, that can be used to make the missing characters.

If the set sells well there's also a chance for follow up sets... Would be nice to see the owl, Kanga Roo and Christopher too :)

1 minute ago, adwind said:

Would be nice to see the owl

There's an owl too? Wow, clearly it's been longer than I realised since I read any Winnie the Pooh!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sacrifices need to be made, and 5 new moulds in a single set is already very generous :wink:

Fair enough, i am very pleased with Eeyore and other figures! 

Hopefully, Lego would produce Pooh-related sets in future but i will not hold my breath for it.

45 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Anyone able to pm me where to find this? I don't have twitter :(

There are high res images all over Instagram now too.

If there is third Disney CMF I'd say Christopher Robin is a safe bet

Not sure about Owl, Kanga and Roo tho

Owl wouldnt work as a minifigure and Kanga and Roo wouldnt come together in a CMF bag

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If there is third Disney CMF I'd say Christopher Robin is a safe bet

Not sure about Owl, Kanga and Roo tho

Owl wouldnt work as a minifigure and Kanga and Roo wouldnt come together in a CMF bag

I have a same thought myself. 

I'm so excited for this!!! I hope there is a VIP release mid March. Other than the figs my favorite part has to be the honey pots, which there looks to be at least 3 of!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This looks incredible, I especially love Tigger and Eeyore! But regardless of the piececount this is not worth $100 to me, looks like $70 at best.

Yeah it def doesn't look like a $100 set, but between the piece count, 5 new mold, and the Disney license its pretty good. 

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I can see Kanga and Roo coming together, Its no different than the babysitter from series 16 just more molds (IIRC they have included multiple new molds with one fig before)

Edited by Surge

It looks way better than the original submission, but that is mainly down to the new molds for minifigs. Nice looking set, but not for me. And not at £90 either. Pooh does look weird standing up, Very tall and thin with a crop top rather than fat.

What's got me wondering is how those leaves on the angled portions of the mounds were done. I will definitely download the instructions.

1 hour ago, Surge said:

I can see Kanga and Roo coming together, Its no different than the babysitter from series 16 just more molds (IIRC they have included multiple new molds with one fig before)

But that would 2 Disney characters coming together in a CMF bag. We already saw that doesnt happen. For example, we are up to 4 Aladdin characters and none of them included the monkey Abu

Same with The Little Mermaid. They have her a random shell with a gem rather than one of her 3 sidekicks

Edited by Robert8

Hilarious use of the 18+ branding there. Looks nice though although it really needs a hole in the ground for Pooh to get stuck in

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But that would 2 Disney characters coming together in a CMF bag. We already saw that that doesnt happen. Por example, we are up to 4 Aladdin characters are none of them included the monkey Abu

Same with The Little Mermaid. They have her a random shell with a gem rather than one of her 3 sidekicks

Oh wasn't even thinking of that, fair point. However I feel they could make an acceptation for these two as you can really have one with the other.

I did however just realized if they do make Roo a small fig, it wouldn't be to scale with Piglet, so I'm not sure what they would do 

This is the first Ideas set in a while that I think is better than the original submission - and I really liked the original submission.

Happy to take the trade off of getting all of the new head moulds meaning stickers instead of printed tiles. I just wish that Pooh had some printing on his stomach to make him look chubby instead of just a raised shirt that looks like a crop top. But even that is a minor quibble and bothers me less than it did with the original leaked image of the torso.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Fair enough, i am very pleased with Eeyore and other figures! 

Hopefully, Lego would produce Pooh-related sets in future but i will not hold my breath for it.

I think that, now they have the moulds, Pooh related sets would be pretty likely - they have always been a mainstay of Disney Duplo