Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

14 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

There is a leaked image of the set on twitter. It’s looks fantastic and Eeyore is a brand new animal mold!

Yep, and they even made little cartoon bees you can pin to surround the beehives. It looks great.

Forgot to mention the confirmed final lineup is Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Tigger and molded Eeyore.

Also... can't be sure, but it LOOKS like Rabbit and Pooh do in fact have medium legs.

Edited by doclord

Ok, the worst part of the set (Pooh and Pigglet) leaked first but the rest of the set is actually fantastic!

Tigger, Rabbit and Eeyore are excellent looking figures

The build itsef is a vastly improvement from the original submission

I quite like how they used the new plant thallus/coral piece in the tree

15 minutes ago, doclord said:

Also... can't be sure, but it LOOKS like Rabbit and Pooh do in fact have medium legs.

No. They are regular legs

Edited by Robert8

17 minutes ago, Surge said:

The price has been said to be 100, and I think the piece count is rumored to be around 1200 

Great, thanks. Hopefully that looks like no more than AU$149.99. A welcome relief after Blacksmith/Piano/Pirates!

1 minute ago, 4bee said:

Great, thanks. Hopefully that looks like no more than AU$149.99. A welcome relief after Blacksmith/Piano/Pirates!

This seems to be an incredibly cheap year for quality Disney sets, considering this and the new Mickey sets. Maybe they learned from the Train?

It looks glorious! Great looking build, and delightful playset. Agreed that Pooh's leg and Piglet's scale really do appear to be the weakest parts. And Pooh's legs should be an easy fix, although it might be even better with mid-legs. Not much you can do with Piglet's scale in Minifig form, but you probably wouldn't want him to use the baby mold. But in isolation he's excellent too.

Really looking forward to building this with my four year old. She'll love it! (So will I).

1 minute ago, RichardGoring said:

It looks glorious! Great looking build, and delightful playset. Agreed that Pooh's leg and Piglet's scale really do appear to be the weakest parts. And Pooh's legs should be an easy fix, although it might be even better with mid-legs.

Pooh would be perfect with orange (yellow?) mid-legs but at the moment they don't seem to exist.

4 minutes ago, doclord said:

Pooh would be perfect with orange (yellow?) mid-legs but at the moment they don't seem to exist.

Agreed, So hopefully something comes along in the not too distant future that gives us that colour mid-legs.

Oh boy, I am in sooo much trouble! The set looks incredible!! So glad they did right by Eeyore, and they didn't cheap out on Rabbit either.

Rabbit does have mid-legs. Tigger has the standard. It's hard to tell, but Pooh's legs do seem to be shorter that Tigger's when you compare their seated positions. Piglet is the one who seems out of proportion. He should be the size of the minidoll children, but to achieve that another new mold would have been required.

The build itself is a wonderfully crafted representation of Pooh's home. Its construction and design would lend itself well to the homes of the peasantry for Castle builders.

Edited by gedren_y

Haven’t seen the leaked set image yet (feel free to PM me what Twitter account its on) but thoughts on the mini figs

• Winnie needed a belly. Looking at the figure the dimensions are too flat and the printed belly does not have the impact needed on the figure. The Gamorrean Guard and Chewbacca pieces accomplish this, by having the head piece connect to a belly portion. Pooh’s head mould should have included a round belly as well that went over the entire torso similar to Chewbacca’s head mould.And the new mid sized pose-able legs introduced in the harry Potter series would have done better for the figure as well. Piglet looks off as well not sure why.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Those maniacs actually did it :wub_drool: I think I have a new favourite Ideas set :laugh:

At a quick glance, it looks lovely!

30 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Where is the Owl though?

Sacrifices need to be made, and 5 new moulds in a single set is already very generous :wink:

Wow, that is superb. Eeyore is perfect, down to the bow on his tail. I’m also missing Owl, but this is much better than I imagined

The second Ideas set this year that will make me break my 'just focus on Harry Potter sets and Star Wars minifigures' theory. As someone who was a huge Winnie fan as a child and had them all in cuddly toy form this set really brings back memories. I love the figures, especially Rabbit, and moulded Eeyore is just perfect. :pir-love: Piglet also looks better with the red scarf piece than the leaked figure we saw. The child in me would have also have loved Kanga and Roo (with a purple scarf piece) and Owl, but I know that would be unreasonable to expect. Fantastic set! 

This looks incredible, I especially love Tigger and Eeyore! But regardless of the piececount this is not worth $100 to me, looks like $70 at best.

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sacrifices need to be made, and 5 new moulds in a single set is already very generous :wink:

Bah Owl was my favourite character :hmpf_bad:

Tje set is surprisingly good considering the Ideas submission which was terrible. But still that tree is not good looking. More branches and greenery... overall its not 100 USD value. Rather 70-80 top. Hope that this winter, Home aalone set will be available ;)

This is so pure and wonderful, I think I'm in love :pir-love: The build is just right - pretty substantial tree but not taking away from the house, which is full of nice details. I like that tree uses primarily medium nougat, it's a bit underrated color. New moulds are *chef's kiss*, fantastic job. Of course Pooh should have medium legs, but it's going to be an easy fix once - if? but let's hope that eventually - they are available . I was expecting Piglet to have short legs, seems like Lego doesn't even consider making new piece for very thin legs, we just have to live with that. On his own I think he looks very good, just out of proportion. Overall, brilliant set and a must buy.

Haha at the ridiculous 18+ on the box art, especially as they’ve used the “adults welcome” tag line also.

Bet there’s many looking at this exquisite IDEAS set and like me thinking “don’t need it...budget set aside for other sets...kids are probably a bit too old...I’m definitely too old, but I just can’t help myself...” :laugh: