Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

winnie the pooh was a huge part of my childhood growing up

its going to be a day one buy for me im just hoping eeyore is included as i was obsessed with disneys many adventures of winnie the pooh tv series and some of my favourite episodes was centred on him , it would also be stupid to leave out christopher robin as a minifigure

im expecting a few easter eggs in the set too

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

winnie the pooh was a huge part of my childhood growing up

its going to be a day one buy for me im just hoping eeyore is included as i was obsessed with disneys many adventures of winnie the pooh tv series and some of my favourite episodes was centred on him , it would also be stupid to leave out christopher robin as a minifigure

im expecting a few easter eggs in the set too

Eeyore is the one character that I’m most curious about cause I want to see what lego would do with him. He obviously can’t be made in the standard minifig form but will that mean he gets a new full body mold. It’s really unlikely and the most obvious option is him getting cut from the set. I’m really rooting for eeyore but I think the roster will be Pooh, Piglet, tiger and rabbit. 

I'd be surprised if they cut Eeyore, he'll require a lot of resources to make but also he's one of the most marketed Pooh characters, much moreso than Rabbit. It would be weird for him to be absent.

im expecting the set to come with a beehive or 2 and a log to be placed just outside the house for pooh to think about things

On 1/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, BigGuy4U said:

I'd be surprised if they cut Eeyore, he'll require a lot of resources to make but also he's one of the most marketed Pooh characters, much moreso than Rabbit. It would be weird for him to be absent.

yes even in the live action christopher robin movie eeyore had the 2nd most screen time after pooh bear

New teaser released! I would expect the full reveal any day now even though it seems a bit early.

Has the number of Minifigures /characters been officially confirmed?

Edited by williejm

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

Has the number of Minifigures /characters been officially confirmed?

Not officially, but a leaker on IG claims there’s going to be 5. There’s no way Eeyore has been realised as a minifig (or so I hope), so I guess he’s been replaced by Christopher Robin :shrug_oh_well:

I know the scaling would be WAY off, but when has that ever stopped them :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

The full reveal can be any day now, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

However, the Adults Welcome sections seems completely inappropriate. I'm okay with more complex/bigger sets being 18+, but this set feels more like a playset than a display piece...

I'm expecting Eeyore to be a new mold that looks like the pig animal, and then two other animals. Christopher Robin would be too wonky and Tigger and Rabbit are popular/fit the minifig proportions. 

Pluto in the new Mickey sets shows that they are not afraid of making new molds for Disney animals now.

Edited by doclord

If Eeyore is a one piece mold/brick built character, I wonder if the leaker counted him as one of the 5 or there is 5 and Eeyore.

I find it hard to believe Eeyore would get cut, he's one of the most iconic Pooh characters. (Granted, the cast isn't that large anyway, but still...)

3 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I find it hard to believe Eeyore would get cut, he's one of the most iconic Pooh characters. (Granted, the cast isn't that large anyway, but still...)

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I agree. That would be a big minus. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I wonder why they still refuse to reuse that awesome balloon piece introduced in CMF S18 :wacko: Don't get me wrong, the brick-built version looks nice too, but nowhere near as good IMO.

The 'hunny' jar on the other hand is excellent, I hope the set includes at least two or three of those :thumbup:

Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore are the big mandatory 4, the fifth can be swapped around but I think it’ll be Rabbit using the same mold Bugs Bunny will have.

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

the fifth can be swapped around but I think it’ll be Rabbit using the same mold Bugs Bunny will have.

I've not read Winnie the Pooh since I was little, but I remember Kanga and Roo being bigger characters than Rabbit.

27 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I've not read Winnie the Pooh since I was little, but I remember Kanga and Roo being bigger characters than Rabbit.

I must admit - I never read these books. However, I used to watch the classical movies and TV show when I was a kid. To be honest, these characters are the equally big characters. 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I must admit - I never read these books. However, I used to watch the classical movies and TV show when I was a kid. To be honest, these characters are the equally big characters. 

It's possible that the way Kanga and Roo's names combine to make the word 'Kangaroo' impressed itself on little tiny me in a way that a Rabbit called 'Rabbit' didn't. It's probably coming up twenty years since I last read or watched anything Pooh related (other than Goodbye Christopher Robin, which while a beautiful film was more about the Milnes than their characters) so far be it from me to ever try and claim to be an authority on which characters were the bigger ones! Memory is a fickle beast. :pir-wench:

The two books, 'Winnie The Pooh' and 'The House at Pooh Corner' are two of the best written (and illustrated) stories that any person of any age will ever read. And Rabbit is much more important than Kanga and Roo, in the overall scheme of things. And Owl and Eeyore rank ahead of Kanga, Roo and Tigger in story importance too. Not that it really matters. It's like choosing between your children. All wonderful.  🙂

The latest post from Lego_Fulcrum seems to indicate that Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit and Eeyore will be the included characters of the set.

Why don't they just reuse the Series 18 balloon mold?

Is it to increase the piece count? 

Other than that, this just confirms my first impression. He needed medium legs. 

has there been any info on the piece count for this set? I will get it, but hoping for a piece count lower than the Blacksmith. Otherwise collecting all Ideas sets gets too expensive!

25 minutes ago, 4bee said:

has there been any info on the piece count for this set? I will get it, but hoping for a piece count lower than the Blacksmith. Otherwise collecting all Ideas sets gets too expensive!

The price has been said to be 100, and I think the piece count is rumored to be around 1200