Robert8

LEGO IDEAS 21326 - Winnie the Pooh

The Winnie the Pooh project has been selected and will become an official LEGO set.

21326 Winnie the Pooh | 1265 pieces | Releases March 2021

Original submission:

resize:800:450

Excellent choice :thumbup: I wonder how they‘ll do the minifigs though... Same thing goes for the upcoming Sesame Street set though. Maybe they‘ll finally start introducing new moulds in Ideas sets? :sweet:

What if they just base it on the books? As they enter public domain next year. It would make it easier mold wise. Although I wouldn't like it as much if they do.

I wonder if they will use the CMF masks, as shown in the project. 

Panda's for Pooh, Piggy's for Piglet, Cheetah's for Tigger and Rabbit's for well... Rabbit

But they would look very bizarre 

Maybe Winnie the Pooh and Pals will be included in Disney Series 3 thus using the molds for the ideas set just like Steamboat Willie.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 2:22 AM, MatthewRC said:

I’m happy for Winnie-the-Pooh passing the review! By the way, LEGO already did a theme for Disney’s Winnie-the-Pooh.

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(Theme)

Thus makes Winnie-the-Pooh the first LEGO Ideas set to be based on an discontinued theme that LEGO previously made! :purrr:

I did know that and lets hope if eeyore is included the figure is as good as the duplo version

On 2/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, GeneralNumberOne said:

Ngl, if this is based on the books, I'd be all over it. I never liked the Disney Pooh stuff as a kid.

The books and the EH Shepard illustrations are just absolutely, perfectly brilliant. I could read them every day for the rest of my life. That said, I don't know how you could translate those drawings into Lego. I suppose it will be some sort of Disney-fied version. Maybe it will be great, but...

Edited by Retro

On 2/12/2020 at 4:42 PM, Robert8 said:

Well, that would be a waste of several spots in a CMF line

No, it’d be a sensible way for them to make the characters available to people on different budgets, and double up on mould use.

I love the original books and illustrations and I even love the Disney version mainly the late 80s early 90s new adventures of winnie the pooh tv series

I wonder if they will do a Christopher robin minifigure for the set

6 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I wonder if they will do a Christopher robin minifigure for the set

They might, I mean it's the only character that doesn't require a new mold.

I wonder if they'll use the scratchy tail for Tigger. I think it could work really well

I wonder if instead of minifigures they might actually use the stuffed animal molds. They just revealed a rabbit one in the new cmf series, which recoloured might work for Rabbit. The old Teddy mold could be recoloured into Winnie, friends Tiger Cub could be Tigger. A regular owl (or the new rumored Harry Potter spreaded wings one) could work for Mister Owl. And than Christopher Robin as the only minifigure. That would only leave Piglet and Eeyore. Might not be as fun as regular figures but probably more accurate than the mask molds. And it would kinda make sense.

9 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I wonder if instead of minifigures they might actually use the stuffed animal molds. They just revealed a rabbit one in the new cmf series, which recoloured might work for Rabbit. The old Teddy mold could be recoloured into Winnie, friends Tiger Cub could be Tigger. A regular owl (or the new rumored Harry Potter spreaded wings one) could work for Mister Owl. And than Christopher Robin as the only minifigure. That would only leave Piglet and Eeyore. Might not be as fun as regular figures but probably more accurate than the mask molds. And it would kinda make sense.

Interesting idea, it does make sense to me and it would definitely work much better than just masks. But if I was guessing I would probably bet on new head molds 

Just seen a picture of a new Spider Man set which has a 'spider pig' minifigure and to me it looks like a new head mould that may be what they use for Piglet. That way it wouldn't be a 'new' mould for Ideas. It's large and maybe a bit oversized, but it feels like a bit of a coincidence to me.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Just seen a picture of a new Spider Man set which has a 'spider pig' minifigure and to me it looks like a new head mould that may be what they use for Piglet. That way it wouldn't be a 'new' mould for Ideas. It's large and maybe a bit oversized, but it feels like a bit of a coincidence to me.

There might also be a new pig head mold for a potential Zhu Bajie in the new monkey kid theme.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I wonder if instead of minifigures they might actually use the stuffed animal molds. [...] That would only leave Piglet and Eeyore.

One second thought, the piñata piece could actually work for Eeyore. And the minidoll sleeping beauty owl mold works better for Mr. Owl.

I really doubt that they are going to reuse ‘-ish’ moulds for the key characters ... makes more sense that they schedule this alongside the next Disney CMF series and create proper moulds they use for both 

I'm wondering if they might put Pooh and one other character (most likely Tigger or maybe Piglet) in the next CMF, use those molds for the Ideas set, and then cut the rest of the characters.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:33 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

I agree this is a pretty interesting idea as it makes a lot more sense (scale-wise) with a Christopher Robin figure.

I guess my preference would be  1) figures with molded heads,  2) animal molds  >>>  3) Brick built (which I don't think will capture the likenesses)  >>>  4) printed on regular figures (which would look awful)

1 and 2 being reasons to buy, and 3 and 4 being reasons not to buy.

15 hours ago, Gomek said:

I guess my preference would be  1) figures with molded heads,  2) animal molds  >>>  3) Brick built (which I don't think will capture the likenesses)  >>>  4) printed on regular figures (which would look awful)

1 and 2 being reasons to buy, and 3 and 4 being reasons not to buy.

100% agree