ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego T-84 Oplot M Ukrainian Main Battle Tank

The Oplot M MBT armament includes a 125mm gun, 7.62mm coaxial machine gun and 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun. The gun is stabilised in both elevation and traverse. Types of ammunition that can be fired by the gun include APFSDS (armour-piercing fin-stabilised discarding sabot), HEAT (high explosive anti-tank), HE-FRAG (high explosive fragmentation) rounds as well as laser beam-riding guided missiles. The missile can be fired while both the tank and target are moving. The missile has a tandem warhead to defeat targets fitted with explosive reactive armour as well as modern spaced armour, optimised against HEAT attack. The Oplot M is fitted with very advanced technologies as integrated vehicle protection system, which includes passive armour, explosive reactive armour array as well as a number of other tank protection devices that are optimised against modern anti-tank weapons and make the tank considerably less vulnerable to the full range of anti-tank weapons, as smoke grenades launchers on the sides of the tank. One visible feature is the new PNK-6 panoramic tank sight. The Oplot is powered by a model 6TD-2 diesel engine developing 1,200 hp.

49500553573_d5cdd24111_c.jpg

49500544768_993afa426b_c.jpg

49501053646_3ea7ff9600_c.jpg

Other images on my flickr page!

12 minutes ago, garrettgjg said:

I really like the methods you used for the side skirting, very clean and effective lines that really make the build pop!

Thank You! I applied this new method to convey the idea of the ERAs applied along the entire surface of the side skirts. I find the effect very realistic compared to the original. These skirts I built are supported by clips positioned directly above the tracks but without coming into contact with each other.

These skirts I built are supported by clips positioned directly above the tracks but without coming into contact with each other.

I was trying to puzzle out how you had managed that, the seam between the track skirts and the main body were too seamless to be anything but pins, I should have realized :). Nice work!

25 minutes ago, garrettgjg said:

I was trying to puzzle out how you had managed that, the seam between the track skirts and the main body were too seamless to be anything but pins, I should have realized :). Nice work!

No worries :wink:I came up with this solution after many hours of trying :grin:

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

Soooooooooo clean :thumbup:

Thank you! It's unusual to see the flag tank of a country like Ukraine, but it's said to be one of the best tank in the world, and therefore it could not be missing from my collection.