The idea with this is project is to get speed from buggy motors, and torque from PU XLs, which have a very convenient shape. Powering the hungry buggy motors from 2 buwizz units and the PU XLs from the big technic hub, which will be in the rear and controlling it with the buwizz app. Servo for steering, PU L for fake v8. Perfect car. I would enter it in the mad max contest but 2 things stop me. 1, I doubt I will finish in time and 2, I don’t have any real buggy motors and will be using fake ones.

Seems a little at odds. To cope with different speeds you'll need to pass both inputs through something like a subtractor and in doing so you'll still have one set of motors fighting the other. The idea of mathematically adding speed + torque doesn't automatically end up with the product of both. Power is already a product of speed and torque; you can't add a high speed low torque high power motor to a low speed high torque motor and expect to get high speed and high torque. At it's extreme with a stalled vehicle, you'll end up with the high torque motor driving the car forwards and the high speed motors backwards. Or you use a spectacularly complicated gearbox with electronic control that will take away the torque you wanted sent to the wheels.

I wish you well, but i'm not sure from your limited description about what you're trying to achieve.

Edited by bonox

Honestly, if you have buggy motors, you have plenty of torque. There is zero point in adding PU anything to this model, unless you just want to add extra weight for no reason. I have seen plenty of vehicles that use buggy motors that have no want for extra torque. Also, combining motors will average the speed, not add it, so by combining a fast and slow motor, you only get a motor that has speed in the middle.

Also, if you really wanted torque, you should use regular PF XL motors instead, they have more torque than the PU equivalent.

You can really use the speed of the buggy motors if your vehicle is not heavy, adding the bulk of the XL motors and the Technic hub will not help at all. Buggy motors can give you speed or torque depending on the gearing, it'd be better to use a gearbox instead of the additional motors/hub.

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Also, if you really wanted torque, you should use regular PF XL motors instead, they have more torque than the PU equivalent.

They seems to be because of the internal gearing difference, but at the same speed their torque is pretty much comparable. 

sorry for the limited description, my plan is to use no drive train, and have 2 motors on each rear swing arm. the fake buggy motors tend to cut out sometimes so i will use the PU XLs if that happens. also the motors will be paired via the second generation diffirential (the one with 16 teeth and 24 teeth) also, i only have 1 PF XL so thats also a limitation

Edited by Clev