Sign in to follow this  
MinusAndy

Aftwrmarket springs

So the supercar I’m building has two of the long shocks from 8880 per wheel and it’s still sat lower than a snakes nutsack. The yellow version of that shock has stronger springs but I’m not up for paying 16 quid a corner to have firmer suspension! Has anyone on here looked into aftermarket stiffer/rising rate springs? 
I'm trying to stay purist in terms of parts but I’m using custom stickers as well so I figure a stronger spring swapped onto the Lego shock body is ethically cool in my book.

10 minutes ago, MinusAndy said:

[...] sat lower than a snake's nutsack [...]

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Anyway, forget the purism codswallop. I got some springs from a local DIY here in Italy - €0.90 for eight of them - and they work just as well as the springs on the 9.5L shock absorbers.

I personally think if a person is okay with gutting a lego shock absorber for the spring to use it over an axle to make a custom spring then pretty much might as well go for any spring you can buy.. 
So yeah you can go for it and still be purist enough. Besides.. Who cares? 

Well, you could get fake shocks from Aliexpress and swap the springs in the original LEGO shock body...that should do it.