makoy

BAM Exclusive Parts Index

Interesting, thanks.

Although most of these are for my five year old daughter. She loves the animals, and you don't get many outside of city sets, which we don't have. So BAM is a great alternative. I really liked some of the figures they have at the moment too.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Interesting, thanks.

Although most of these are for my five year old daughter. She loves the animals, and you don't get many outside of city sets, which we don't have. So BAM is a great alternative. I really liked some of the figures they have at the moment too.

A great way to get many animails (and it is what I do) is to purchase them through BnP at Lego website. All City animals are for sale there (BAM exclusives not although)

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

It's generally up to the manager's discretion in the USA at least.  Some stores really can't do it because if someone comes in and buys up all the animals then they are left with no animals for the other kids.  I've found usually it's the smaller markets that allow it, stores that are not in major AFOL areas or just be friendly with the staff and get to know them and there is often better luck. 

That is true. Also here is not The Lego Company that adminstrates the stores it is a thirdy party representant. So of course they are more restrict/greedy.

52 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

A great way to get many animails (and it is what I do) is to purchase them through BnP at Lego website. All City animals are for sale there (BAM exclusives not although)

Yes, although much more expensive. On BnP, they're usually around $2 each. But through BAM, each element is $0.67 each, so if you want a few, it's much better value. Definitely lucked out with the selection at the moment.

These are the (pre-build) BaM figures currently available at the LEGO Store in Wijnegem, Belgium.

51545428843_53eeeb6a73_c.jpg

Edited by RocketRacer

As someone who really likes to keep his figures only in the original combinations (I am weird like that), it annoys me a bit that the stores seem to vary regarding how they choose to assemble the figs. In Australia, they assemble the Teal brick suit like this:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Brick-Girl.jpg

However, in this case, I'd wager the kid with the tongue sticking out is not meant to be the "official" figure, because that face is for the blue pug.

Edited by Darkdragon
Max size for image is 1024 in any direction. Displayed as a link but you can fix size if you'd like to display as an image again.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

As someone who really likes to keep his figures only in the original combinations (I am weird like that), it annoys me a bit that the stores seem to vary regarding how they choose to assemble the figs. In Australia, they assemble the Teal brick suit like this:

However, in this case, I'd wager the kid with the tongue sticking out is not meant to be the "official" figure, because that face is for the blue pug.

That's better than what one of the UK stores had. They used a head I think I have seen before but used Rex's hair piece (from The LEGO Movie 2) so either the hair doesnt fully fasten onto the head or the head does have the hair fully on but doesn't fully fasten onto the brick suit :sadnew: I swapped the hair for something that fits.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:09 PM, BrickHat said:

I’ve broken myself of that lately. When I could build my own I kept them together, but now that they’ve been doing the pre built, I always haven’t. When they had the coral floatie that came on the swimsuit minifg, I just really wanted the floatie so I took that straight away. Same with a few other exclusive bits. 

More fabulous BAM parts today. The new wave has arrived into Boston in the US. The Northshore Mall store has them all mixed up now (it takes sooooo long to find everything), but some fabulous stuff. I got a few more hats instead of accessories this time.

51578004557_b67ab2708d_k.jpg

Ooh, those white pants are neat, and exclusive I believe. Same with the hair/silver headphones yeah? I hope the parts make their way to Cali by Nov 1st. 

Over on the Brickset forum, they are claiming that Lego will be phasing out BAM and replacing it with pre-made figures. Personally, I don't mix up parts, and I like to keep figures as they come, so this does not really affect me, but I am sure many others will miss this.

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/19310/us-bam-bar-contents/p7

Just now, BrickHat said:

Over on the Brickset forum, they are claiming that Lego will be phasing out BAM and replacing it with pre-made figures. Personally, I don't mix up parts, and I like to keep figures as they come, so this does not really affect me, but I am sure many others will miss this.

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/19310/us-bam-bar-contents/p7

That discussion is from April and many stores did it that way for 2020 and quite a few still do but many are going back to the normal way of letting people choose, even if it's from a board.

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

That discussion is from April and many stores did it that way for 2020 and quite a few still do but many are going back to the normal way of letting people choose, even if it's from a board.

The specific post I am referring to is on page 7 and was posted today (by Russell844). My local store went back to having people choose as well. However, the post claims the employee said they want to make BAM exclusive to Discovery Centers. With how confusing their messaging has been as of late, I'd take it with a grain of salt, though.

4 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Not in my local UK store unfortunately :sadnew:

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

The specific post I am referring to is on page 7 and was posted today (by Russell844). My local store went back to having people choose as well. However, the post claims the employee said they want to make BAM exclusive to Discovery Centers. With how confusing their messaging has been as of late, I'd take it with a grain of salt, though.

Let's not forget the back and forth of Vidiyo Bandmates Series 2.

does anyone know how the teal brick suit figure should come?...I have seen it with so many heads and hair, what is the correct combination for that figure?

8 minutes ago, gromit said:

does anyone know how the teal brick suit figure should come?...I have seen it with so many heads and hair, what is the correct combination for that figure?

I don’t think there is one, whatever the store decides if your chosen store pre-builds them for the customer. In US & Canada, the customer can build their own whereas the UK, we have them built for us :hmpf_bad:

how do you guys and gals get the parts? When I was at a Lego store, they just sold complete figs in boxes. When I asked they said I cannot swap or modify them. But I dont want to buy several boxes of 3 figures if I just look for like 2 parts in each of the boxes..

On 10/14/2021 at 8:05 PM, Darkdragon said:

Oh I didn't read that before making my comment. Unfortunate because BAM was the only good reason to go into a Lego store for me.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, Vindicare said:

Ooh, those white pants are neat, and exclusive I believe. Same with the hair/silver headphones yeah?

The black hair with silver headphones was the first colour for that part, back in Series 8!

Haven't been to a Sydney store since our lockdown ended to see why they're doing with BAM. It would perhaps be sad to see it go, but the price here was always astronomical. You could get 4 CMF figures at one of the other retail stores for the same price as the 3 BAM at the LEGO store, and CMF usually pack in far more value in terms of prints, parts and moulds.

At my store they allow you 15 pieces, but no more them 5 of the same piece.  In other words you could get 5 torsos, and 10 other pieces as an example.  You don’t have to “complete” 3 minifigures.  I did not see all the new BAM pieces in my store this weekend, such as the snowboard.

1 hour ago, SFmuscle73 said:

At my store they allow you 15 pieces, but no more them 5 of the same piece.  In other words you could get 5 torsos, and 10 other pieces as an example.  You don’t have to “complete” 3 minifigures.  I did not see all the new BAM pieces in my store this weekend, such as the snowboard.

I will have to tell the people at my local store about this. I would like to get 5 of one accesory most of the time.

2 hours ago, SFmuscle73 said:

I was at the Charlotte, NC store this spring and they put the parts in the package for me, but allowed me to take whatever parts from the numbered display or from their pre-built selection, I was basically paying per part with no limits on how or what I did. Lol

I need to get over to the Cardiff shop and see how things are going. 

Last time anyone was there (my sister popped in for me :classic:) they were still doing pre-made figures and also packing PaB cups. I plan on visiting soon anyway.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:20 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

I don’t think there is one, whatever the store decides if your chosen store pre-builds them for the customer. In US & Canada, the customer can build their own whereas the UK, we have them built for us :hmpf_bad:

I think they all do for the most part when they are designed,this is the combination that I see the most with that hair and the sideways smirk face

Brick-Girl-768x795.jpg

Edited by gromit