Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Brethren of the Brick Seas Banner by Kai NRG

Greetings!

I've been informed @Kai NRG has created a custom banner (below) for the Brethren of the Brick Seas Forums - is this correct?

I'm in the process of applying the banner to the forum but there are a couple of things preventing that from happening.

The first is the banner does not have the correct image dimensions for the forum header.

So I was wondering if we could create the banner in different sizes?

image.png

This new banner looks great. The mobile "portrait" view for me is of the right half of the fleur-de-lis over to the left half of the crossed cannons -- basically a sharply dressed redcoat and a scarred up bluecoat who clearly doesn't know how to handle a gun... But the "landscape" view shows almost everything. :thumbup:

Amazing work! Professional, exciting, fantastic!!!

Gotta say, Sea Rats and Eslandola minifigs are putting the oleander/corries to shame.

22 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

This new banner looks great. The mobile "portrait" view for me is of the right half of the fleur-de-lis over to the left half of the crossed cannons -- basically a sharply dressed redcoat and a scarred up bluecoat who clearly doesn't know how to handle a gun... But the "landscape" view shows almost everything. :thumbup:

Screenshot_20200210-123633.thumb.png.1883a9d536d4c12541589509fe5f64a0.png

Captain Dee is this not what you see?

45 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Captain Dee is this not what you see?

I see just a little bit more than that on both sides. I suppose for any banner to show all 4 factions in the default mobile view, the minifigs would have to be clustered in the center. Tilting the phone doesn't quite show the full banner -- both edges are cut off slightly for me, but it does show all 4 minifigs.

9 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I suppose for any banner to show all 4 factions in the default mobile view, the minifigs would have to be clustered in the center.

That is correct.

Just so long as the title is fully visible, the surrounding artifice is an acceptable loss.

When using a mobile browser you have to accept you're viewing a simplified version of the design due to the smaller view port and if you want the full experience, then you have to use a desktop web browser.

And that's applicable to all mobile web designs.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Mister Phes said:

So I was wondering if we could create the banner in different sizes?

What size(s) do you need?  Glad to reshape it.

I was wondering about the dimensions in the first place, tbh, but just did as I was told. :pir-laugh:

Just now, Kai NRG said:

What size(s) do you need?  Glad to reshape it. 

Just 1920 x 200, please.

1920 pixels is the standard width for 1080 HD displays at present.  I don't think enough people are currently using higher resolutions to warrant larger dimensions.

As for the mobile users...  Providing the heading text is accommodated within the view port, they'll have to relinquish the minifigures and artwork.

Yep, loving the new banner!  Another thanks to Kai and Mister Phes here!