StarBricks

SB00401 K-PROJECT (MOC K-2so UCS)

On 2/1/2021 at 5:37 AM, StarBricks said:

I confirm that on February 7th I will present a new MOC of over 5000 pieces. So much Dark Bluish Gray ..

Mirko,

If I was to guess I would say the blurred out image for SB00501 is a Zeta Class Shuttle... “So much DB gray!"

1 hour ago, Redbird11 said:

Mirko,

If I was to guess I would say the blurred out image for SB00501 is a Zeta Class Shuttle... “So much DB gray!"

What image?

6 hours ago, Redbird11 said:

Mirko,

The Zeta’s been done before, and really well IMO by renegade. This will be something that hasn’t been done before... I think the ATM6 is a good shout

13 minutes ago, WizardSleeve said:

The Zeta’s been done before, and really well IMO by renegade. This will be something that hasn’t been done before... I think the ATM6 is a good shout

dont hope its the atm6 it doesnt look good and 5000 isnt much for it

6 hours ago, muhkuh said:

What image?

If you look at his site there is a blurred image. I just saw what looked like the upright wings and the orange belly (cargo container). I hope it’s not the Zeta as I already built Cavegods

1 hour ago, WizardSleeve said:

Cavegod just completed his AT-M6 and it has like 24K pieces... Now that’s a lot of DB Gray pieces!

Yeah good shout, although I would guess Mirko wouldn’t have known about cavegods Walker.  We will see on Sunday... maybe a capital ship. 

Was the Zeta build a good one? Would you recommend?

1 minute ago, WizardSleeve said:

Yeah good shout, although I would guess Mirko wouldn’t have known about cavegods Walker.  We will see on Sunday... maybe a capital ship. 

Was the Zeta build a good one? Would you recommend?

Yeah it was a fantastic build... definitely recommend.

3 hours ago, WizardSleeve said:

Think it's a ship, judging by photos of the shape of it, whilst under wraps, as per Mirko's FB page

Happy birthday, mirko!! All the best! Another year is over, another awesome moc os coming today.....i am soooo excited!

Cheers

Stefan

Just ordered this bad boy! They are selling out fast. Looking forward to start the project. Collecting parts is often the most enjoyable moment I think ;)

18 minutes ago, wallerius said:

Just ordered this bad boy! They are selling out fast. Looking forward to start the project. Collecting parts is often the most enjoyable moment I think ;) 

Yes, I agree, researching and collecting bricks for me is a very fun and relaxing part. Especially when you have a lot of bulk to go through. It's like going in search of mushrooms!

I'm about halfway done with building this and have a question. On step 42 on page 113, the pictures show a turntable that looks to be the Type 2 part (48452), but the part listed in the back is for Type 3 (18939). Will this make a functional difference in the build? It seems to me that the gears on the next page won't do anything if a Type 3 is used since the inner teeth don't exist on that turntable.

On 3/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, waden34 said:

I'm about halfway done with building this and have a question. On step 42 on page 113, the pictures show a turntable that looks to be the Type 2 part (48452), but the part listed in the back is for Type 3 (18939). Will this make a functional difference in the build? It seems to me that the gears on the next page won't do anything if a Type 3 is used since the inner teeth don't exist on that turntable. 

No, nothing changes. It can be used one or the other. It depends on what you find and which one is cheaper to buy.

First time I think a MOC is too large...still wouldn’t mind building it though 

My K2 has developed quite a lean, the torso is leaning forwards quite a bit. Has anyone else had this happen and have tips on what parts to look at?

1 hour ago, waden34 said:

My K2 has developed quite a lean, the torso is leaning forwards quite a bit. Has anyone else had this happen and have tips on what parts to look at?

I did have this happen. So much that when I went to move it somewhere I could check it more carefully the head popped off and also knocked some torso panels off. The head also broke up when it hit the ground.I took the torso off and put it and the head back together and when I assembled the whole thing again the lean was gone! I know that does not tell you the immediate cause but it does seem like maybe something was coming loose to cause the lean and rebuilding it put it right.

Edited by karmajay

Yup mine did the same, I had to push the hips in and I swapped the piece that allows rotation for the ratcheted one. I now have him kind of looking to the left at the waist this seems to have helped keep his centre of mass more balanced as it is a hugely top heavy set.