Sign in to follow this  
Gabor

[MOC] RC Scania Milka Truck

Hello everyone! :classic:
I´m really happy to present you my next MOC, the Milka truck, which is my 6th remote controlled vehicle at minifig scale! I have built it between December 2018 and March 2019. I have already shown it on two Lego events in Germany, there is an article about it on Zusammengebaut and there is a video on Youtube, in which I am interviewed. It is in German, so if you understand it, it is worth to watch it! Unfortunately I have found only now the time to make some pictures and an own video:

The video is a new record from me. It contains the most visual effects among my other videos. I was very happy during the making of it, because last time I have made only rarely videos. It was nice to spend a time again with the camera. It took a little bit longer, as I planned. Because of the complexity I had to record some parts not only once and it was very time consuming to create some scenes on the computer. I´m really proud of the result, hope you will like it, too.

49173726738_b1ece029fd_z.jpg49174429872_2f629889ae_z.jpg

Till now it is the most simple and most difficult tiny RC from me at the same time. Simple, because the technic costruction inside is very compact. Difficult, because the modelling of the Scania front and the letters of the word “Milka” meant a really big challenge for me.

49174211761_ca2d67249a_z.jpg49174212066_0e0420d505_z.jpg

Now you can find the electric parts just simply near each other in the truck, and the chassis is under the electric parts. It is only 3 studs high. Earlier in the same vehicles you could find 3 pairs of gears, which brought the power from the motor to the wheels. Now it is only 2 pairs. The servo motor for the steering is exactly there, where we need to have it. It can steers the wheels directly, without any long and big construction. The original plane was that I put the receiver or the battery box in the trailer, but finally I found a place for all the parts in the truck. For the chassis I have used a lot of half liftarms and small pieces of rigid hoses. They are very good here, because I can cut them in for example 1 or 1,5 stud long pieces, too. In the truck the battery box is exactly over the driven wheels, so the truck can go very reliable on terrains, which are unfriendly. I mean, it can go up to the pedestrian area in a Lego City and it can destroy everything.

49174213536_e06e980228_z.jpg49174431607_9bddcfdf17_z.jpg

The whole truck contains approx. 1020 parts. Most of the bricks are in the body. You can read the world “Milka” on the sides four times, but all the four sides are different. It is changing, how I could fit the side panels, what kind of other parts they have to hold, or how many place I had in the truck near the motors or the other things. During the designing of the cabin, I was afraid, that it will be ugly with the big white panel on the top, but finally I think, it´s ok.

If you would like to see and try the truck in real life, visit the Bricky Way 2020 Lego exhibition in Györ, Hungary. It´s not far from Vienna. 7-8 March, 2020!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brickyway

These are the infos, which I wanted to share you about my newest creation. Hope you like it! :)

Edited by Gabor

WOW! this works and Looks Briljant!

Love how you integrated the Milka Chocolatebar at the back of the video!

Greetings!

I thought it was nice before I saw it was RC. IT's amazing! Very nice job packing that in.

My only grief is.. This chocolate is no good. That brand gets mostly sold to foreigners, we Swiss people know there's a whole lot better than this. :wink:

On 2/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

I thought it was nice before I saw it was RC. IT's amazing! Very nice job packing that in.

My only grief is.. This chocolate is no good. That brand gets mostly sold to foreigners, we Swiss people know there's a whole lot better than this. :wink:

Thank you! Maybe the other brands are better, but they don't come from a purple cow... :wink: