Mister Phes

Is this the first photo of the upcoming LEGO Creator 31109 Pirate Ship?

Is this photo real deal?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this photo real deal?

• Yes, this is the upcoming set
    • No, it's a fake!

On 10/21/2020 at 1:34 AM, LegoDW said:

Know this set has been out for a bit, looking for some input from those who own it.  I am new to the pirate them, just have the Barracuda bay.  Love the Barracuda,  Not sure how I feel about the brick built sails.  Concerned will not look right next to the Barracuda.  How does this ship look compared to the rest of your fleet?

I recently built it and I think it looks and fits great!

Have not purchased yet, do plan on getting.  Glad you enjoyed the set.  If you don't have the Barracuda strongly recommend.

Here is mine, I love the brick built haul, I find the sails as a strong point given you can customize them.

Crusader Ship

Thanks! I think that been able to do some desings on the sails is very advantegous.
I like that the ship has a medieval feeling too.
Planning on getting other if the opportunity arises.
And hoping for other designs on the sails to be done.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:17 PM, Medzomorak said:

100 Euros range.

Amazingly i found one for 65  Euros a couple of weeks ago. shop's caught on since then tho.

Has anyone tried to MOD this ship with pre fab parts already? Despite the fact I bought this set using my Legoland discount I haven’t gotten the courage to assemble this yet, but as I scour the forums for MODs all I see is people who bought 2 sets, but I’m more curious if the prefab pieces could actually fit with this ship.  

I’m crossing my fingers it can, suffice it to say i want to modify the mermaid, masts, sails, flags, animals, I like it as a different ship from what’s out there, but believe it or not I mainly bought for this for the hotel but sooo curious to see if it’s truly possible to do so! 

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Has anyone tried to MOD this ship with pre fab parts already? Despite the fact I bought this set using my Legoland discount I haven’t gotten the courage to assemble this yet, but as I scour the forums for MODs all I see is people who bought 2 sets, but I’m more curious if the prefab pieces could actually fit with this ship.  

I’m crossing my fingers it can, suffice it to say i want to modify the mermaid, masts, sails, flags, animals, I like it as a different ship from what’s out there, but believe it or not I mainly bought for this for the hotel but sooo curious to see if it’s truly possible to do so! 

i think the ship is 14 studs wide.

if that is the case, some more modification and maybe extra pieces will be required if one is to use prefab hull pieces.

Was a special night shopping offer of -30% on 1 article. The retailprice was 90 euro so I bought 3 sets seperatly so i received the 30% on each article.

7 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

Was a special night shopping offer of -30% on 1 article. The retailprice was 90 euro so I bought 3 sets seperatly so i received the 30% on each article.

A special night shopping where?

16 hours ago, unclejeffie said:

63 beats 90 any day! 

Obviously.

But any discount beats full price.

On 12/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, Niku said:

Here is mine, I love the brick built haul, I find the sails as a strong point given you can customize them.
https://flic.kr/p/2kggLSA

Oh, that looks incredible! I hadn't really even considered the sort of possibilities this style of brick-built sails (with a studded front surface) would have for custom patterns!

55 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Oh, that looks incredible! I hadn't really even considered the sort of possibilities this style of brick-built sails (with a studded front surface) would have for custom patterns!

Thanks, yes I am very excited to try and see other designs.
I feel this ship is a beautiful gift from TLG.

I'd be much happier with this one if it was less colorful, the rear part wasn't such a mess and that colorful line on the side didn't jump in height all of a sudden. Something like this:

https://ibb.co/3B2M1x3

Can confirm; that is in fact what the set looks like.

:pir_laugh2:

Joking aside, I have FOUR copies of the set; One's the Tavern, One's the Skull Island (and a smaller 2-mast ship, thanks to Popider on Rebrickable; I KNOW they post on here too, but I wanted to make certain to credit him), And TWO magnificent two-masted sailing ships! One I've modified the markings on the sail to have an Anchor made from bricks; curtosey the Lego Vidiyo Line, and one with the classic Skull and bones! Call me greedy, vanglorious, or ambitious, but I want to get one more to make an Airship design I've been eying for a while on Rebrickable...

Mine is still assembled, although with some slight modifications.

It IS a really nice medium-sized Pirate ship, big up to LEGO for that set! :pirate: