Mister Phes

Is this the first photo of the upcoming LEGO Creator 31109 Pirate Ship?

Is this photo real deal?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this photo real deal?

• Yes, this is the upcoming set
    • No, it's a fake!

On 6/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, emporio said:

bought it yesterday for 78 euro, very good price and cant wait to build it

For this price, I want to know where you got it too!

It sounds like LEGO delayed many of the August 1st US releases to September due to supply issues. However, they may be on sale sooner than September if stores receive shipments, so I would check back around the 14th and the 28th. (I don't have any inside information, this just seems to be the informed rumors going around the various news sites and social media groups.)

40 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

It sounds like LEGO delayed many of the August 1st US releases to September due to supply issues. However, they may be on sale sooner than September if stores receive shipments, so I would check back around the 14th and the 28th. (I don't have any inside information, this just seems to be the informed rumors going around the various news sites and social media groups.)

Thanks for bringing that news here.  I have been checking Shop@Home for this set a lot.

10 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Cool, thanks for the info.  Will keep checking.  Just received my long awaited POBB today!  As soon as I finish the 42098 Car Transporter I started a couple of weeks ago, it's my next set to build and my first ever Pirate set!

I saw a social media post today with someone in a US Wal-Mart with this set. Target.com says it'll be available on 8/15, so it may be sneaking out there in the wild this weekend.

TC

Almost done building this one. (I was able to order it from Target.com.) I think it's a true classic. I know the traditional LEGO pirate ship has large hull pieces and fabric sails, but there's something very satisfying about seeing a model like this and knowing you built every part of it! Plus the scale is nice, it has almost all the features you'd want in a LEGO ship, and it's easily customizable for any seafaring faction.

I think,  to answer the initial question of the thread,  Yes. Yes it is the first  official picture of the upcoming LEGO Creator 31109 Pirate Ship.

Now this is a GREAT MOD of 31109! :pir-love:

The original 31109 I don't like, but this looks more like imitating a real ship.

I'm actually thinking of buying 2 sets of 31109 in order to build this.

3 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Now this is a GREAT MOD of 31109! :pir-love:

The original 31109 I don't like, but this looks more like imitating a real ship.

I'm actually thinking of buying 2 sets of 31109 in order to build this.

MOC YOUR BRICKS channel is great, I used his ideas and improved my own mod. Buying 2 sets is the way to go! The link to the topic below:

50319231933_889eaf2702_c.jpgbow port by R Y, on Flickr

Edited by Wurger49

Know this set has been out for a bit, looking for some input from those who own it.  I am new to the pirate them, just have the Barracuda bay.  Love the Barracuda,  Not sure how I feel about the brick built sails.  Concerned will not look right next to the Barracuda.  How does this ship look compared to the rest of your fleet?

28 minutes ago, LegoDW said:

Know this set has been out for a bit, looking for some input from those who own it.  I am new to the pirate them, just have the Barracuda bay.  Love the Barracuda,  Not sure how I feel about the brick built sails.  Concerned will not look right next to the Barracuda.  How does this ship look compared to the rest of your fleet?

Jangbricks did a comparison in his review, it does make the Creator set look quite small, but I don't think it's a bad set at all, especially at some discount.

Still planning to get the Barracuda Bay myself, but I love the Pirate Ship set for sure.

Edited by TeriXeri

Ya, my only experience with the Pirate theme is the Barracuda, so maybe I'm spoiled.  If you have not already gotten strongly suggest you do.  It's huge!

Will check out Jang's review.  Used to really like his videos, he changed his format a bit and don't care for them as much.  Really liked what he has done with his city.

4 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Ya, my only experience with the Pirate theme is the Barracuda, so maybe I'm spoiled.  If you have not already gotten strongly suggest you do.  It's huge!

Will check out Jang's review.  Used to really like his videos, he changed his format a bit and don't care for them as much.  Really liked what he has done with his city.

It’s a very small ship next to the barracuda bay. 

Looks small next to the Barracuda, but much more appropriately sized compared to the Barracuda Bay :)

Checked out Jang's review, he did 3 of them....one for each build.  Kind of like the alternate hotel/bar build.  

On 10/20/2020 at 4:34 PM, LegoDW said:

I actually just finished building the creator ship and I already own and built the Barracuda. It's definitely a small ship but it's good for it being that way! I'm using it as a merchant so having a smaller and cheaper ship is nice, also it is a very fun build. I would recommend getting it if you want to start a full collection or if you want to add merchants to your pirate display! Personally I already own Imperial Trading Post so this set was a no brainer for me. In the end of the day it's your money and I can tell you that you won't regret buying it, you might just not need it. And if you really are wanting to start a collection I would recommend buying either Imperial Flagship (6271), Imperial Flagship (10210), or Caribbean Clipper! All three of those ships are really great and can counter the Barracuda nicely! 

21 hours ago, azog said:

I actually just finished building the creator ship and I already own and built the Barracuda. It's definitely a small ship but it's good for it being that way! I'm using it as a merchant so having a smaller and cheaper ship is nice, also it is a very fun build. I would recommend getting it if you want to start a full collection or if you want to add merchants to your pirate display! Personally I already own Imperial Trading Post so this set was a no brainer for me. In the end of the day it's your money and I can tell you that you won't regret buying it, you might just not need it. And if you really are wanting to start a collection I would recommend buying either Imperial Flagship (6271), Imperial Flagship (10210), or Caribbean Clipper! All three of those ships are really great and can counter the Barracuda nicely! 

Have you seen the Lego Ideas Caribbean Clipper in review?  Wow, if Lego doesn't make this I might have to try myself, Little heavy on the cannon, thinking would make the rear deck more for the crew.

resize:800:450

On 10/24/2020 at 4:56 AM, LegoDW said:

Have you seen the Lego Ideas Caribbean Clipper in review?  Wow, if Lego doesn't make this I might have to try myself, Little heavy on the cannon, thinking would make the rear deck more for the crew.

resize:800:450

Oh man... I want it so much for this ship to be released as a set by LEGO!

It's absolutely gorgeous!

1 hour ago, LegoDW said:

I meant the bottom deck was a little high on the cannon count

Please don't give TLG any ideas on how to cancel this gorgeous vessel... :imperialguard_commander1:

Ok, lets leave all those cannon in there!!!!  Going to go challenge the Barracuda and don't want to be out gunned.