Mister Phes

Is this the first photo of the upcoming LEGO Creator 31109 Pirate Ship?

Is this photo real deal?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this photo real deal?

• Yes, this is the upcoming set
    • No, it's a fake!

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

You're right! There's 2013's Sea Cow too, and I guess technically the SpongeBob Flying Dutchman. :pir_laugh2: I was thinking only about ships in the Pirate theme; I overlooked the other ones. Still a long time to go without using the piece on a ship.

Yes I can confirm that : the little spongbob squarepants flying dutchman set has it as a crows nest too...

It's strange such an iconic Pirate piece has been correctly used for its real purpose in other themes rather than in the Pirates theme !! :pir-oh:*huh*

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Yes I can confirm that : the little spongbob squarepants flying dutchman set has it as a crows nest too...

How come I forgot this? I reviewed the thing!

Oh well...

:pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Runamuck said:

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Brickset has a new picture with a much higher resolution. The figures can be seen pretty clearly now.

https://brickset.com/sets/31109-1/Pirate-Ship

I think the captain might have a new torso. 

Oh wow, finally a good picture. Thanks! :pir-huzzah2: The ship looks nice, the figurehead and the animals not so much. Yeah the captains torso seems to be new, that's cool. His hat is the one from 2009...? :pir-cry_sad: That's weird and the worst possible option. And it's really the redbeard head from 2015... weird combination...

Edited by victorycount

2 hours ago, Runamuck said:

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Brickset has a new picture with a much higher resolution. The figures can be seen pretty clearly now.

Ship length width appears to be 14 studs?
Do I count correct?

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

25 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Ship length appears to be 14 studs? Do I count correct?

Bottom hull plate in what looks like Dark Tan seems 16 long, overal ship length more like 42 studs from stern to mermaid + add the bowsprit to that.

Also at least 1 16x8 plate used in the tavern on the bottom floor, the second floor might be 16x6

Edited by TeriXeri

58 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Ship length appears to be 14 studs? Do I count correct?

31 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Bottom hull plate in what looks like Dark Tan seems 16 long, overal ship length more like 42 studs from stern to mermaid + add the bow spirit to that.

Also at least 1 16x8 plate used in the tavern on the bottom floor, the second floor might be 16x6

I wrote "length", when I wanted to write"width"... My bad.

2 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I wrote "length", when I wanted to right "width"... My bad.

Could be 14 wide yes on the bottom plate using that 16x8 and 16x6 I spotted in the tavern (unless it's 2 16x6 with a 16x2, for symmetry, can't really see.

But the 16 wide curved sails seem wider then the bottom ship so I doubt the ship is 16 wide at the bottom.

Since those hull parts on other ships are 14 wide on the bottom I think it makes sense for this ship to be as well, but brick built inverted slopes instead.

95227.png

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Do we know (approximately) when this is supposed to release?

I'd assume June.

8 hours ago, Runamuck said:

The more I look at the brick sails, the less I like them. The lack of a line from the foremast to the bowsprit - leaving the jib hanging there - is just lazy design. 

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Could be 14 wide yes on the bottom plate using that 16x8 and 16x6 I spotted in the tavern (unless it's 2 16x6 with a 16x2, for symmetry, can't really see.

Could it? It looks 14 wide on the top and it narrows down in the bottom :\

I think the ship looks worse now that I see a better image. There are too many strange colors popping randomly about like the red and yellow at the back, not to mention the green. Birds were never good this small, the shark is fine from this angle. Brick sails still look good. The captain now feels like just one of the pirates.

The last thing i'm curious about with this ship is what the interior looks like. How does the cabin look? Does it have much of an under deck? Also, can you lift up the deck to access an interior?

It looks to me like the cabin is accessed from opening side walls like in the Black Pearl, the gun deck has two guns and two stud wide planking on each side above it at deck level like the Barracuda, and the poop deck is slanted like on the Barracuda.  There doesn't seem to be a door to the cabin, like on the Queen Anne's Revenge.  There is a narrow two stud wide staircase from the deck to the poop deck.  There are probably no holds under the deck forward or aft of the guns.

Just now, Rat Suit Guy said:

Saw all high-resolution pictures on Lego Pirates Italia Fans included the size of the pirates ship.

https://www.facebook.com/312498145621987/posts/1301648363373622/?d=n

I can't say I like the ship.
MOC Fan Designers have built much better full brick-built ships

If i buy it, I think I'll go with the Tavern build.

And add the 2 cannons to my BSB 2020.

Looking at the size of the ship, it's actually the same length, 1" smaller in height, and 1" smaller in width compared to the Caribbean Clipper. Honestly if you want a ship I would spend the money buying a nice Caribbean Clipper instead of the Creator Pirate Ship.  

14 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I can't say I like the ship.
MOC Fan Designers have built much better full brick-built ships

If i buy it, I think I'll go with the Tavern build.

And add the 2 cannons to my BSB 2020.

Well that's true, but you could say the same about the other builds, I've seen way better buildings than the tavern or the skull island, but I guess that's due to the 3 in 1.

6 hours ago, victorycount said:

Well that's true, but you could say the same about the other builds, I've seen way better buildings than the tavern or the skull island, but I guess that's due to the 3 in 1.

Yep. It's a weak design and build for €100, in my opinion. That's why I said if I'll buy it.
And the more I look at the pictures, the more I'm inclined to skip it.

2 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Yep. It's a weak design and build for €100, in my opinion. That's why I said if I'll buy it.

yeah same here... and it also doesn't fit well in the pirateline.

I'm definitely getting it. Since it's not a huge ship, it'll be cheaper to convert it to something that more fits my taste.

17 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I actually kind of like the ship. It has two things going for it:

1) It's a bit of a different design. As others have pointed out, it's something semi-resembling a carrack - which is nifty. These ships played SUCH a role in the earliest age of piracy, so it's nice to get one.

2) It's small. Lego hasn't done a small ship since the late 1990s.

Surprised that it has proper cannons, since almost everything is brickbuilt I assumed they would be as well :classic: How many are there in the set, 2?

A small xstra set with a cannon would be perfect and sell like hot cakes now, strange if they do not see the potential there :cannon:

It seems a nice little ship even though the 3 in 1 surely didn't help the design. For me it stays a nice set to have.

And yes there are 2 cannons and they are (strangely) not brickbuilt.

I think I will buy the set when released.