Mister Phes

Is this the first photo of the upcoming LEGO Creator 31109 Pirate Ship?

Is this photo real deal?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this photo real deal?

• Yes, this is the upcoming set
    • No, it's a fake!

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

There is a version of the first photo in a bit higher quality on which we can see the minifigs.

Can you please give a hint where to find the better resolution with minifigs?

Thanks!!!

I think this once again demonstrates the superiority of the preformed hull pieces as a base for successful commercial pirate ship designs. When you squander so many pieces unnecessarily in the lower hull - even in a creator set - the result must be compromises made elsewhere. If the scaling of those minifigures is correct, this thing is actually one of the smaller pirate ships they have ever done.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

I think at this point I can say I will skip this set but we will see.

The minifig wearing red in the middle deck could it be Bo'Sun Will?

In one of the interviews with them designers of Barracuda bay set, one of the said something that he was somewhere else on a journey or something like that. Could he be here! ?

Edited by Mencot
Typo

11 minutes ago, Mencot said:

I think at this point I can say I will skip this set but we will see.

In one of the interviews with the designers of Barracuda bay set, one of the said something that he was somewhere else on a journey or something like that. Could he be here! ?

I spotted will on my Fortress ;) 

Just now, Piraten said:

I spotted will on my Fortress ;) 

Your Fortress? ??

It sadly looks like Iron hook will not be in this set :pir-bawling:

I actually don't mind the ship, It will all depend when we get high resolution pictures

2 hours ago, azog said:

It sadly looks like Iron hook will not be in this set :pir-bawling:

I actually don't mind the ship, It will all depend when we get high resolution pictures

Noticed that as well, looks like a blue torso captain with a red beard and yellow epaulets ,but can't see the face, so high-res would be nice indeed.

At least the 2 cannons really add to it as well.

I didn't collect the 2009 or 2015 Pirates so the similarity to those ships, especially the 2015 one, doesn't bother me.

Edited by TeriXeri

54 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Noticed that as well, looks like a blue torso captain with a red beard and yellow epaulets ,but can't see the face, so high-res would be nice indeed.

At least the 2 cannons really add to it as well.

I didn't collect the 2009 or 2015 Pirates so the similarity to those ships, especially the 2015 one, doesn't bother me.

Yeah I didn't buy either of the 2 pirate ships in 2009 or 2015.

The hull is starting to grow on me, I like the detail compared to the unusually smooth pre-formed hall pieces. Also I think there is a skeleton in the crows nest? Not my idea of decoration :pir_tong2:. Originally in the first photo we got I thought it was a re-use of the witch kings cape from the hobbit line to represent a sail. 

Also a shame there is only 3 minifigures in the set? 4 I guess if you count the skeleton :pir-skel:

If I do buy this set, the first thing I would do is change the sails for a typical cloth sail. It will allow it to blend in better with the other pirate ships.

Lastly adding Iron Hook as the captain :pir-huzzah2:

17 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I think this once again demonstrates the superiority of the preformed hull pieces as a base for successful commercial pirate ship designs. When you squander so many pieces unnecessarily in the lower hull - even in a creator set - the result must be compromises made elsewhere. If the scaling of those minifigures is correct, this thing is actually one of the smaller pirate ships they have ever done.

It's difficult to argue hull pieces and cloth sail don't have their place. The prevalence of small pieces in modern LEGO sets completely killed the MOCer in me.

But small size and brick built hull and sails were to be expected given this is a creator set. I don't think 3 in 1 would be possible otherwise, and the hull will probably look better this way.

This might be 30 centimeters long, give or take?

On 4/21/2020 at 7:40 AM, SteamSewnEmpire said:

For most sets, you're probably correct (one of the reasons why such big prefab parts get used in the first place). But for a "3-in-1" model like in the Creator theme using parts as big and pre-formed as those would probably be extremely limiting. When you're designing with alternative builds in mind, especially ones that have significant differences from one another, having more basic parts that can be repurposed more easily for different types of builds is a significant boon. I am curious what sorts of alt-builds this set will have.

When this is Creator, the shark or whale in this set is Brickbuilded so does anyone know in what set the "Great shark" is going to be? City, scuba set?

On 4/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, Piraten said:

Check out my signature ;) 

Checked it out, looks great. Supported it. :pir-blush:

24 minutes ago, Mencot said:

When this is Creator, the shark or whale in this set is Brickbuilded so does anyone know in what set the "Great shark" is going to be? City, scuba set?

Do you mean the moulded Great White shark? Because pictures have just come out of that shark in set 60266, the biggest ship of the new diving subtheme for city :classic:

Also the Creator pirate set actually really interests me! The ship looks cool but what I really like is the alternate builds of the skull island and what looks like a mill, those look amazing!

Do we have any idea how much this set is going to cost? 

Is the 'captain' figure a new print? I really like the look of this, if it isn't too expensive it's a definite buy :) 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:29 PM, Mencot said:

image.png

43 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Do you mean the moulded Great White shark? Because pictures have just come out of that shark in set 60266, the biggest ship of the new diving subtheme for city :classic:

Thanks that is what I meant.

43 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also the Creator pirate set actually really interests me! The ship looks cool but what I really like is the alternate builds of the skull island and what looks like a mill, those look amazing!

Do we have any idea how much this set is going to cost? 

39 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is the 'captain' figure a new print? I really like the look of this, if it isn't too expensive it's a definite buy :) 

It looks pretty good actually but the minifigs are what I want. Never can have enough pirate minifigs.

Wasn't the price gonna be around  100 €?

22 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Now I see that he has brown pants, so probably not.

Still have to wait for better images and names.

*But probably when this is Creator there isn't any names or backstory.

Edited by Mencot

From what I can see the ship and other builds look good, but I will probably spend my money on a second Bay set instead of pulling the trigger on this one :shrug_oh_well:

37 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is the 'captain' figure a new print? 

With a closer look at the images all the minifigures look like the are made up of parts we have already. Also the captain, he looks like the captain in the 2015 small Juniors set. But hard to say.

26 minutes ago, Mencot said:

With a closer look at the images all the minifigures look like the are made up of parts we have already. Also the captain, he looks like the captain in the 2015 small Juniors set. But hard to say.

Yeah that's what I thought, it would have been nice to have a new one but it's not the main thing in Creator sets I suppose :) 

I absolutely love the Mill alternate build! It reminds me of the old Medieval village set, I might have to get this just for a chance to get a historical building if it goes on sale. Also getting the chance to build one set three times is always a fun opportunity (I've always overlooked Creator before) 

A cool set, with many useful pieces and the other builds are also splendid; the skull island looks really mean, like a pirate hideout should.