Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Hansen

[MOC] Battletech/Mechwarrior Uziel Mech

Hey all,

I just wanted to share my latest Lego Battletech build, the Uziel Battlemech!

Many more images and 360 video can be found on my website: HansenBricks.com

49462297196_b7bf9210f3_c.jpg

49495506437_2783d98c89_c.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Kevin Hansen

This is a sweet Uziel!  Any reason you chose this 'mech?  It's not that iconic as far as battlemechs go.  I don't really have much critique for you, this is a fantastic MOC.  However, what really caught my eyes was...

that base.

Your hex base had me at hello.  It makes me wish that you had an entire board set up with hexes that size and some 'mechs to choose from for a game: lance versus lance, 200 tons per side?

Edited by pombe

1 hour ago, pombe said:

This is a sweet Uziel!  Any reason you chose this 'mech?  It's not that iconic as far as battlemechs go.  I don't really have much critique for you, this is a fantastic MOC.  However, what really caught my eyes was...

that base.

Your hex base had me at hello.  It makes me wish that you had an entire board set up with hexes that size and some 'mechs to choose from for a game: lance versus lance, 200 tons per side?

Haha, glad you like the base!  Once I got to the place where I realized I need a base for stability, I immediately decided that a hex base would be appropriate!

As far as the mech choice, I personally just enjoy the design and thought it would be an interesting challenge to try to get all the curves of the model created with Lego pieces.

Very nice. I'm thinking I don't have a lot of these parts, but maybe at some point I will, and will to do some of these techniques.

Also I went to your site and very cool of you to offer instructions to your other mech.

10 hours ago, Gomek said:

Very nice. I'm thinking I don't have a lot of these parts, but maybe at some point I will, and will to do some of these techniques.

Also I went to your site and very cool of you to offer instructions to your other mech.

Thanks!  I'll plan to do instructions for my new builds too.  It just takes time!

On 2/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, Kevin Hansen said:

Thanks!  I'll plan to do instructions for my new builds too.  It just takes time!

Great. I'd love to encourage a lot of the good MOC builders to post instructions. I don't have a lot of time, so I find myself using techniques and designs of others a lot.

I'd love to leave people a buck or two when I'm really helped out by someones instructions (or speed build video, which I watch in slo-mo),  but I feel like most people either want like $15 for a PDF or give em out for free without a pay-want-you-want link. (obviously no complaints about the latter)

The other thing I keep suggesting, is that people video themselves taking apart their creations and then reverse the footage as a sort-of instruction, but I don't think I've seen anyone actually do that yet. (IDK, seems like a good idea, but maybe I'm over-simplifying the idea)

Anyways, thanks again.

Thanks for the Instructions on your site. Great work! I have donated to your cause!

love this build, her base is great, but wish the legs were strong enough to support weight and poseable.

you have inspired me on this theme…that and roguetech’s mod to the HBS Battletech game have really brought me back 25 years ago. Thank you!