Sign in to follow this  
Pdaitabird

The Man-Eaters of Tsavo

I just finished the book and wanted to create a tribute in Lego form. For those who aren't familiar, it's the true story of Col. John Patterson, manager of the construction of a railway in British East Africa. In 1898, when a pair of lions began eating the workers, Patterson hunted down and killed the man-eaters. This MOC doesn't recreate a specific incident, but is meant to capture the main elements of the story.

The Man-Eaters of Tsavo

Thanks for looking - C & C welcome!

Soli Deo Gloria

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Very clever build for the lion; looks like some of the people it ate turned into its legs :grin:

Thanks - there are indeed a couple of "disarmed" Gungans in my collection!

21 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

I just finished the book and wanted to create a tribute in Lego form. For those who aren't familiar, it's the true story of Col. John Patterson, manager of the construction of a railway in British East Africa. In 1898, when a pair of lions began eating the workers, Patterson hunted down and killed the man-eaters. This MOC doesn't recreate a specific incident, but is meant to capture the main elements of the story.

The Man-Eaters of Tsavo

Thanks for looking - C & C welcome!

Soli Deo Gloria

Nice moc.

Was this story also the inspiration for the film The Ghost and the Darkness with Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer? Loved that movie.

38 minutes ago, leafan said:

Nice moc.

Was this story also the inspiration for the film The Ghost and the Darkness with Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer? Loved that movie.

Thanks, and yes, the book was the basis for the movie!