BrickWild

LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500

Recommended Posts

First Look!
(Pics sourced from Facebook/eBay)

49486458946_9ba146ac35_h.jpg

49485972388_f8a0a20edc_h.jpg

49533859786_3f3cadef3a_h.jpg

49533364448_5223454665_h.jpg

49533859841_a621e5f733_h.jpg

49534085657_f7f775168b_h.jpg

Edited by BrickWild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have preferred something more sporty, but this is fine. I like the yellow. 

Promobricks said it will be € 80, so quite a bit cheaper and smaller than the last few sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cute little model. I like it although there don't seem to be many intriguing building techniques used. However I wonder how they managed to create this little gap to make the door open and close smoothly and still keep the model sturdy as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tpvelo said:

Would have preferred something more sporty, but this is fine. I like the yellow. 

Promobricks said it will be € 80, so quite a bit cheaper and smaller than the last few sets. 

True, an Abarth version would've been cool, as is the creme color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blurrkup said:

Should be about the same size as the Mini, which was 1077 pieces.

I counted 12 studs wide and about 25 - 28 studs long, which I believe would make it the smallest car in a while.

However, it makes sense making it so small, since the real car is tiny. I'd have to see it alongside the Cooper and the Beetle to see if they look more or less to scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, legophisto said:

Cute little model. I like it although there don't seem to be many intriguing building techniques used. However I wonder how they managed to create this little gap to make the door open and close smoothly and still keep the model sturdy as usual.

The front and rear fenders aren't parallel to the doors, which is why there's a small gap. Or, put differently, the car is wider in the middle than at the front and rear. Probably just one extra stud. So the car should actually be 13 studs wide.

13 minutes ago, AllanSmith said:

Is this a new glass piece for rear side window? 

New for this year, but it's already available in 10272 Old Trafford. Same for the windscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Leewan said:

The front and rear fenders aren't parallel to the doors, which is why there's a small gap. Or, put differently, the car is wider in the middle than at the front and rear. Probably just one extra stud. So the car should actually be 13 studs wide.

Very well spotted, thanks! That makes it even more interesting for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yellow is an interesting choice, maybe one of the designers is a fan of Luigi :laugh:
 

E77-CB763-83-CD-4-C38-831-E-6-B895-B4-BE

7 hours ago, *thomas* said:

True, an Abarth version would've been cool, as is the creme color scheme.

This is the classic Cinquecento not the modern version/Abarth variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given tiny proportions and the front trunk/boot, I’m assuming this is a return to the usual classic ‘non-steering’ Creator Expert format?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucarex said:

This is the classic Cinquecento not the modern version/Abarth variant.

You do know there was an abarth version from the original version?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *thomas* said:

You do know there was an abarth version from the original version?

 

Nope but I do now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Nope but I do now!

They were quite cool (still are). Due to there being less space in the engine bay, the trunk lid was left open. The last one I've seen on the wild was in some mountain village in Sicily a few years ago, driven by a young woman.

My aunt (also in Sicily) had a creme coloured 500 (the old one) with red leather seats and a soft top. great car, but TINY !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks pretty cute, especially in that shade of Yellow (which I'm presuming is Cool Yellow?). :thumbup: :classic:

I was wondering about that... Is it really cool yellow or just normal yellow like the Caterham?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I was wondering about that... Is it really cool yellow or just normal yellow like the Caterham?

It’s a tough call but to my eyes/screen, the rear box pic suggests it’s normal yellow unfortunately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's cool yellow then that would be a very hefty amount of parts molded in a color for first time in one set, no?

Cool Yellow: 206 parts

Bright Yellow: 2359 parts

Looks like all of the hinge and clip pieces, the fender arches, rear 1/4 window arch brick, all of the slope and inverted slope bricks. Quick scrolling through that parts list I count at least 11 parts that would need to be molded in Cool Yellow for the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I was wondering about that... Is it really cool yellow or just normal yellow like the Caterham?

46 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

It’s a tough call but to my eyes/screen, the rear box pic suggests it’s normal yellow unfortunately.  

It has to be Cool Yellow, as it'd give the build more of a pastel "vintage" quality. Besides, the "painting" on the easel seems closer to such if that's anything to go by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I look at this the more I'm into it but it also got me looking into the car itself. The box notes Nuova 500 but it seems that model series had suicide doors but the model shows typical front hinges. Nuova model was produced from 57-61 in a couple trim levels, followed by the D series from 60-65, also with suicide doors. It wasn't until the F series in 65 did they have typical doors. That being said, aside from the door orientation, the Nuova, D, and F models all look very similar so I'm sure if you wanted to get super accurate one could re-engineer the doors to open suicide style. Anyway, something I thought was interesting.

Based on photos of the actual cars, Lego bright yellow would be fairly accurate by the time the F model was introduced but not the Nuova. Nitpicking but I find it interesting.

As for the Abarth, they were mostly white with brick red trim. I think you'd be able to mod this into an Abarth model very easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, koalayummies said:

If that's cool yellow then that would be a very hefty amount of parts molded in a color for first time in one set, no?

Cool Yellow: 206 parts

Bright Yellow: 2359 parts

Looks like all of the hinge and clip pieces, the fender arches, rear 1/4 window arch brick, all of the slope and inverted slope bricks. Quick scrolling through that parts list I count at least 11 parts that would need to be molded in Cool Yellow for the first time.

I count at least 20. That would be a wild amount of new pieces in one set, which makes me fear it may be regular ol' yellow.

Edit:

92946 Slope 45 2 x 1 with 2/3 Cutout
Seen on rear quarter panel.

54200 Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3
Seen under A pillar.

29119  & 29120 Wedge 2 x 1 with Stud Notch Right / Left
Seen on rear quarter panel.

6060 Brick, Arch 1 x 6 x 3 1/3 Curved Top
Seen on C pillar.

62361 Vehicle, Mudguard 1 1/2 x 6 x 1 with Arch
Seen on wheelwells.

61678 Slope, Curved 4 x 1, I think? Could be 50950 Slope, Curved 3 x 1. Either would be new.
Seen above front bumper.

37352 Brick, Modified 1 x 2 x 1 No Studs, Curved Top
Seen along sides.

15068 Slope, Curved 2 x 2
Seen along sides, roof, and trunk.

3665 Slope, Inverted 45 2 x 1 or 3660 Slope, Inverted 45 2 x 2, either would be new.
Seen on rear wheelwells.

2429c01 Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Base with Same Color Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Top (2429 / 2430)
Seen as door hinges.

24201 Slope, Curved 2 x 1 Inverted (could be a regular 2 x 1 flipped upside down)
Seen under front bumper.

60478 Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle on End - Closed Ends
Seen holding windscreen in place on top.

15712 Tile, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip - Rounded Edges
Seen holding windscreen in place on top.

41769 & 41770 Wedge, Plate 4 x 2 Right & Left
Seen on hood.

41747 & 41748 Wedge 6 x 2 Right & Left
Seen on hood.

87087 Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Stud on 1 Side (could instead be 11211 LegoBrick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 1 Side or 26604 Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 2 Sides, Adjacent or I GUESS 30414 Brick, Modified 1 x 4 with 4 Studs on 1 Side. Any of the above would be new)
Seen holding rear cheese slope on front wheelwell.

52107 Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 2 Sides (could also be 47905 Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 2 Sides, Opposite)
Seen holding front cheese slope and turn indicator on front wheelwell.

Edited by Carbohydrates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It has to be Cool Yellow, as it'd give the build more of a pastel "vintage" quality. Besides, the "painting" on the easel seems closer to such if that's anything to go by.

Better comparison is the yellow typographic outline on the box’s LEGO logo. That too “looks” slightly cool yellow but we know it’s not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.