BrickWild

LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500

4 hours ago, meliander said:

I hoped to see a Porsche, but this one is nice, too! Great color choice as well.

I hope it can be possibly built in other colors too.
It is much similar in size to 10242 Mini Cooper.

Here, I made the artist's kit on Stud.io:

49504495142_b35a1e511d_b.jpg

49504495247_58d31d320b_b.jpg

Edited by BrickWild

After fiddling around a bit with saturation on the photos, I'm reasonably convinced the color is Bright Yellow, not Cool Yellow. Basically, I played with the color levels in two different directions - one to make the car look undeniably Bright Yellow, and one to make it firmly Cool Yellow. When I made it Bright Yellow, everything else about the box art looked more or less "right," but when I took it in a lighter direction, other elements of the picture started to look washed-out. I could certainly be wrong - and kind of hope I am, because I always look forward to cheese slopes in new colors - but that is my take on it.

On another note, I have to mention that the graphic designers really seem to be stepping up their game on background art! Both this and the Bookshop have really gorgeous settings.

Will it be available with a tow truck and several dozen flat tiles you can place underneath it to represent all of the various fluid leaks?  

4 hours ago, Options said:

Will it be available with a tow truck and several dozen flat tiles you can place underneath it to represent all of the various fluid leaks?  

I don't think so!:laugh_hard:

I have owned a '72 Fiat 500. Hoping to be able to change the color to Dark Blue / Tan as this was the color of my Fiat 500.

Love the model, and looking forward to the release. What is the expected release date?

12 hours ago, MaximusNL said:

I have owned a '72 Fiat 500. Hoping to be able to change the color to Dark Blue / Tan as this was the color of my Fiat 500.

Love the model, and looking forward to the release. What is the expected release date?

April.:sweet:

On 2/6/2020 at 6:03 PM, CDM said:

The more I look at this the more I'm into it but it also got me looking into the car itself. The box notes Nuova 500 but it seems that model series had suicide doors but the model shows typical front hinges. Nuova model was produced from 57-61 in a couple trim levels, followed by the D series from 60-65, also with suicide doors. It wasn't until the F series in 65 did they have typical doors. That being said, aside from the door orientation, the Nuova, D, and F models all look very similar so I'm sure if you wanted to get super accurate one could re-engineer the doors to open suicide style. Anyway, something I thought was interesting.

Based on photos of the actual cars, Lego bright yellow would be fairly accurate by the time the F model was introduced but not the Nuova. Nitpicking but I find it interesting.

As for the Abarth, they were mostly white with brick red trim. I think you'd be able to mod this into an Abarth model very easily.

Look closely at the license plate. It says "TOFO1965." So yeah this is the 500F.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:23 PM, BrickWild said:

April.:sweet:

Don’t think this is right.

My source is confirmed that this will release on 1-March

And the stock is already arrival to each country store upon custom clearance

Edited by Technicallism

On 2/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, Options said:

500s are aircooled though, the only thing it can leak is oil and brake fluid.

And i saw something on promobricks about march 1st as well, maybe its a VIP-only advance release thing though. Im looking forward to this set though, not sure if im gonna buy it for myself or try to enthuse my girlfriend for lego with it.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:13 AM, VirusZero said:

Look closely at the license plate. It says "TOFO1965." So yeah this is the 500F.

Which means the Nuova logo on the box is not accurate.

11 hours ago, Terrasher said:

A March 1st release? That's in less than a week. Might a press release come in the next couple of days?

i guess so if its in march, hopefully we hear some info on it soon

11 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

i guess so if its in march, hopefully we hear some info on it soon

Official announcement press conference at TURIN on this 29-Feb, it’s Fiat origin location

But I heard it was cancelled due to Italy Coronavirus outbreak

Edited by Technicallism

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

Official announcement press conference at TURIN on this 29-Feb, it’s Fiat origin location

But I heard it was cancelled due to Italy Coronavirus outbreak

It was originally planned @ Turin Lego store next saturday afternoon, but they re-scheduled .

2 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

It was originally planned @ Turin Lego store next saturday afternoon, but they re-scheduled .

Do you know to when it was reschedulded?

I don't imagine TLG making the announcement at Turin anytime soon, if it's due to coronavirus concerns. But the set is due to be released March 1st, so perhaps it'll be an online-only announcement on saturday?

On 2/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, Options said:

Probably with factory rotten ball bearings :laugh:

Just found the Facebook announcement of the event and the cancellation notice due to the outbreak. It'll just be an online event instead of a physical one at the Store. They will livestreaming and interviewing the designer of the set.

19 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Just found the Facebook announcement of the event and the cancellation notice due to the outbreak. It'll just be an online event instead of a physical one at the Store. They will livestreaming and interviewing the designer of the set.

Where? 

Got it: 

https://www.facebook.com/events/548261369125399/

Edited by BrickJohn

This Saturday, 29-Feb, 11am (Italy Time)

Announcement to be made only at Lego facebook page Italia, no physical press conference at lego store due to Coronavirus outbreaks.

No real news but local distributor had the set available online for about an hour or two by accident, went to their store to check and they told me to come back by 1st.

33 minutes ago, VirusZero said:

Light yellow confirmed, so is March 1st release. Stay tuned ?

B9E2BB95-B60C-4EE7-97FD-D5A8EBCEDDF5.jpeg

Is this your picture? I really want to believe it's light yellow instead of normal yellow, but the colours on the box look so much like the Caterham, and the lighting in the picture makes everything look very bright.

EDIT: Upon a closer look, the normal yellow from the tiny technic pieces looks different from that of the rest of the car. Woohoo!

Edited by Terrasher

4 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Is this your picture? I really want to believe it's light yellow instead of normal yellow, but the colours on the box look so much like the Caterham, and the lighting in the picture makes everything look very bright.

EDIT: Upon a closer look, the normal yellow from the tiny technic pieces looks different from that of the rest of the car. Woohoo!

Next to the Caterham for comparison

E92AD81B-7F0B-47B0-BA98-BDC65C660B7B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, VirusZero said:

Next to the Caterham for comparison

E92AD81B-7F0B-47B0-BA98-BDC65C660B7B.jpeg

Awesome! Thank you for this pic.

Also, the first pic just confirmed what I was hoping for: The car is 12 wide at the front and 14 wide in the middle, which gives it a more interesting shape than just a rectangle. I might be picking this one up on Sunday!