Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL - FB] A Grain Mill for Fuerte Unido

Eslandola’s settlement of Fuerte Unido continues to grow. A windmill to grind grain into flour is now operational, and the miller is already busy.

full1.jpg

The windmill uses a tower mill design. The top rotates to position the wings so they face into the wind. That means coming out the door can be dangerous for the miller at times, and the wagon driver needs to be careful about where he parks his wagon.

miller.jpg

full2.jpg

Here the miller’s helper loads sacks of flour onto the delivery wagon.

loading.jpg

Meanwhile, the neighbor’s sheep graze in the grass, watched by the neighbor’s boy.

sheep.jpg

Some more pics:

Spoiler

full_alt.jpg

full_hi.jpg

mill_tall.jpg

goat.jpg

wagon.jpg

A medium factory for Fuerte Unido (and, yes, another windmill from me) and more fun with printed panels. All C&C welcome.

Wow, that's beautiful! Love the use of the printed corners with the cheese slopes and the wedges. It really creates some wonderful stonework!

Very nice landscaping (as always), and wonderful minifigures! Also really like the wagon with the sacks in it.

To add, those sheep once again look amazing! 

Great build, Wolf! :laugh:

Another splendid windmill Capt Wolf! I like how you made the lower diagonal sections to match the pre-fabricated panels at the top; and of course those sheep are a timely reminder for me that I need to get my own shiny new ones out of the little baggies they came in! The landscaping although simple I think works quite well to convey the pasture around the mill. Keep these windmills coming!

I've been busy reading that great epic, "A Million Millers Milling at Their Mills." :pir-laugh:

The rockwork goes great with the printed panels, and I had to look closely to see that the top does, in fact, rotate on it's base. I like the relative simplicity of the irregular ground base, with the different greens mixing up the colors a bit. My only real gripe is the fact that the sails of the windmill pass so close to the ground, particularly around the doorway. That looks... dangerous!

Sheep and goats! *oh2*

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 12:45 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, that's beautiful! Love the use of the printed corners with the cheese slopes and the wedges. It really creates some wonderful stonework!

Very nice landscaping (as always), and wonderful minifigures! Also really like the wagon with the sacks in it.

To add, those sheep once again look amazing! 

Great build, Wolf! :laugh:

Thanks! I really like the stonework on this one.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:13 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Yo ! another wonderful windmill ! You are seeking the monopoly aren't you ?

Thanks. And all Eslandolans seek monopolies! :pir-grin:

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Another splendid windmill Capt Wolf! I like how you made the lower diagonal sections to match the pre-fabricated panels at the top; and of course those sheep are a timely reminder for me that I need to get my own shiny new ones out of the little baggies they came in! The landscaping although simple I think works quite well to convey the pasture around the mill. Keep these windmills coming!

Thanks. I like the fact that the printed panels get camouflaged with the brickwork that mimics them. And my landscaping is coming along; I think I improve a little bit each time, although there is more here than I prefer. And get your sheep out of those bags! :pir-grin:

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I've been busy reading that great epic, "A Million Millers Milling at Their Mills." :pir-laugh:

It's a classic!

The rockwork goes great with the printed panels, and I had to look closely to see that the top does, in fact, rotate on it's base. I like the relative simplicity of the irregular ground base, with the different greens mixing up the colors a bit. My only real gripe is the fact that the sails of the windmill pass so close to the ground, particularly around the doorway. That looks... dangerous!

Thanks. It is a tight fit with the sails on this one, but I had to keep the tower short, and I've seen similarly hazardous windmills IRL. :pir-oh:

Sheep and goats! *oh2*

Just one goat, but YES! Flaunt it if you've got it. :pir-grin:

On 2/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, Ayrlego said:

I like how you made the lower diagonal sections to match the pre-fabricated panels at the top; and of course those sheep

Exactly that! And I also like that I firmly believe that you have become the master of the irregular baseplates!!!

Beautiful build and great use of parts, using large printed parts is always tricky and you did it excellently. The carriage is very nice too, as well as minifig choice. Well done!