Sign in to follow this  
Terrasher

[MOC] 8-Wide City Pizza Van

I instantly fell in love with the new Speed Champions, 8-wide Ferrari. It soon became the first Speed Champions set I had ever bought, and I decided to put it in my modular city layout. The car looked incredible, but way too big next to the other 6-wide vehicles in my city. So I got the idea to begin "upgrading" my 6-wide vehicles into 8-wide, starting with 60150 Pizza Van.

The result ended up looking much different from 60150 than I had intended, but also much better:

jA5RnnP.jpg

I gave the van a much more traditional, angular food truck look, which I think fits a lot better with the modular buildings.

MF4S832.jpg

The inside features pizza ovens, a small countertop, a microwave, some storage space, a fridge in the back, and an air vent. Turns out extra Speed Champions wheel rims make great fans!

EKYlpiR.jpg

Thanks to the stickers from 60150 and those from the Xtra stickr sheet, I managed to decorate the exterior of the food truck with City Pizza logos.

0EOp4jw.jpg

There's also a door in the back!

ScMZezp.jpg

And, of course, two minifigures fit side to side in the driver and passenger seats.

so05XfO.jpg

Now we're ready to sell some pizzas!

Wow - looks totally different, but I love the old school look of the front! And the air vent on the side is a neat touch. Does the awning fold away? 

12 hours ago, electropie said:

Wow - looks totally different, but I love the old school look of the front! And the air vent on the side is a neat touch. Does the awning fold away? 

No, I didn't think of any functionality for the awning or for the serving window. Since I just keep it displayed next to my modulars,  I figured I'd keep it always open.

Happy you like the older look, I feel like it's the more typical aesthetic for food trucks.