The Neighborhood Merchant

[ESL - FB] "Nautical One," Fuerte Unido School of Primary Education

As the settlement of Fuerte Unido remains successful and civilized, the populous settlement is just finishing laying it's last coat of paint down for it's newest primary school, "Nautical One." Settlers are making sure to come as well dressed as possible for the grand opening in which a battle wounded Eslandolian naval gunner tells his story of unfortunate and fortunate findings alike.

49481261773_ebe5b286f7_c.jpgbackup 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

49481953442_c2ba181d61_c.jpgright side by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

49481740281_934c287ec7_c.jpgshed 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

One of the workers preparing for his last cleanup for the day.

49481956547_f61cf22426_c.jpgback by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Here's to the last coat of paint. Cheers!

49481951277_0fe5d40789_c.jpgworker by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Anyone know a chiropractor? This poor man is definitely going to need one...:wacko:

49481743436_d9dd8a6ba4_c.jpgcards by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Meanwhile, looks like some people need reminding of their job. Stop gambling in front of the kids!

49481740816_6d7a95cc74_c.jpgright side 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

49481741696_c966eacb8d_c.jpgmain room by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

During this scene, the naval gunner explains how he managed to weave in-between four cutlass slices at once! Of course the teacher couldn't help but throw in 2+2=4 equation after hearing that...

49481954127_4e8043a392_c.jpgplay 1 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Meanwhile, the older kids get to reinact the famous battle of Don Brickoxte vs the "Giants"!

49481741051_a072b9b631_c.jpgplay 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

49481740401_5f29ee6ff4_c.jpgscene by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Little Edward as always, is getting in to the parents' food.

49481952147_893f2ecec5_c.jpgtop 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

49481257378_e599a5941a_c.jpgtop 3 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

It's always nice to have a little peace in your own quarters after a long day of work!

49481261223_1dd2bfb67b_c.jpgend 1 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

After the long heroic story of the sailor, everyone is ready to go home.

49481259658_598ed1051e_c.jpgminifis by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

What a wonderful class! Seriously though... somebody needs to get a chiropractor to come over here. It is simply unhealthy for that man to still be carrying those books!

49481260978_117c771973_c.jpgend 2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Thank you, everyone, for viewing my build! To anyone who was wondering, all stickers and bricks are official lego. The stickers are from an idea book from 1980 and the cast is made from white blank stickers. The bottom floor windows and backside top window are from the Lego Italian Minitalia series, and I got tons of enjoyment working with them! Hope you enjoyed the build!

Here are a few more playfeatures/photos for anyone interested:

Really neat way of doing those lower story windows with the panel pieces or whatever those corners parts are called!

Fuerte Unido definitely needed a school. Now all those little rugrats will be off the streets. :pir-grin:

The windows are definitely the scene-stealers here! But I like that you've gone with a tiled roof, and of course the fully detailed interior! And so many short leg pieces!

Good job with the figure posing, and with the build overall. :thumbup:

This is a lovely build.  I like the thought you've put into the layout and all the little details.  That lean-to shed is a nice touch, and the vintage 1x1 windows work really well there.  Plus the cypress trees and the other vintage windows on the front, that gives it an extra Classic feel with some great modern touches.  :classic:

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A School !!! For the children ! I am a big fan ! (especially of the old windows parts well used in this one ! )

I certainly could make something for you !

Great to hear that you like it, Thaum! Thanks! :laugh:

7 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Great build!

Love all aspects of it as well as the story.

All these old 1x1 windows:wub:

Thanks for the kind words, Wellesley! Glad you liked the story!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Really neat way of doing those lower story windows with the panel pieces or whatever those corners parts are called!

Thanks, Kai! I'm really glad everyone likes the windows as much as I do!

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Fuerte Unido definitely needed a school. Now all those little rugrats will be off the streets. :pir-grin:

The windows are definitely the scene-stealers here! But I like that you've gone with a tiled roof, and of course the fully detailed interior! And so many short leg pieces!

Good job with the figure posing, and with the build overall. :thumbup:

Definitely! They keep stealing all my merchant torsos and small legs. These troublemakers need to calm down or else we'll be at war with them too! 

Thanks for the compliments, Wolf! I'm very happy that everyone enjoyed it! :grin: Also, glad you liked the posing! The worker holding the books constantly feel down and would domino effect every minifigure so I'm glad that experience wasn't in vain!:wall:

1 hour ago, deraven said:

This is a lovely build.  I like the thought you've put into the layout and all the little details.  That lean-to shed is a nice touch, and the vintage 1x1 windows work really well there.  Plus the cypress trees and the other vintage windows on the front, that gives it an extra Classic feel with some great modern touches.  :classic:

Thank you for the wonderful words, Deraven! Glad you liked the layout, as I was unsure how it would turn out. Always love using the old classic bricks, and it's nice to see that everyone else likes to see them! Also happy to see someone else's gratitude for the cypress trees, I love those things! :sweet:

Oh very cool TNM! A seamless bending of old and new here. Like everyone's said those old windows are very effective in this style and combined with the smoothness of the walls and dark brown roof make for an impressive looking structure. I was quite surprised as I scrolled down to discover the full interior! Your attention to detail here is plain to see with all the little features and details. Excellent job!

The school was done really well. I like all the small details added like the shed, the desks and chalk board and the guy painting the brick. 

At first glance it though it was small but when you took the interior pictures and showed all the figures, I realized how big it really was. Good job!

Very nice. :thumbup: The exterior looks great with those old windows and tiled roofs, and the interior is rather impressive, considering the size and layout. I really like how accessible you've managed to make everything with the full interior. And the work on and around the chimney is nice.

The teacher is clearly telling the students that 2 enemies swinging 2 swords each equals 4 cuts...

The painter adds some nice details, and I like the faint lighting in the last few pics. I don't know if chiropractors existed in the brickteen-hundreds, but I'm sure that poor book-toting man can find plenty of quacks...

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Oh very cool TNM! A seamless bending of old and new here. Like everyone's said those old windows are very effective in this style and combined with the smoothness of the walls and dark brown roof make for an impressive looking structure. I was quite surprised as I scrolled down to discover the full interior! Your attention to detail here is plain to see with all the little features and details. Excellent job!

Thank you, Ayrlego, that means a lot! I love giving everything interiors and I'm happy to hear everyone enjoyed the look of it! I'm a complete nut over the old bricks, and it's wonderful to see other people are too! 

1 hour ago, merc said:

The school was done really well. I like all the small details added like the shed, the desks and chalk board and the guy painting the brick. 

At first glance it though it was small but when you took the interior pictures and showed all the figures, I realized how big it really was. Good job!

Thank you, Merc! Now that I look back at the pictures, I do realize how small it looks from them, haha. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks again for the very kind words!

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

Very nice. :thumbup: The exterior looks great with those old windows and tiled roofs, and the interior is rather impressive, considering the size and layout. I really like how accessible you've managed to make everything with the full interior. And the work on and around the chimney is nice.

The teacher is clearly telling the students that 2 enemies swinging 2 swords each equals 4 cuts...

The painter adds some nice details, and I like the faint lighting in the last few pics. I don't know if chiropractors existed in the brickteen-hundreds, but I'm sure that poor book-toting man can find plenty of quacks...

Haha, let's hope he'll be able to recover! Also, you are definitely correct with the cutlasses. Maybe I need to go back to this school...

Thank you so much for your beautiful words though, Dee! :laugh: And when I was looking to get the windows, I was a bit worried about the mad-man, who's currently reincarnating a Great Ball, who's crashing through the brick-market. 

On 2/7/2020 at 6:09 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Really nice build! The interior is excellent too! Also building a school was a nice idea!

Yeah, haven't seen too many BoBS schools so thought I'd give it a shot. Glad you liked it, and thank you greatly for the wonderful words, GR!

Thank you for the kind words @krisbarkley! Lots of us here were raised in a family where lego was very present in our childhood. Due to this, it has grown almost as a comfort for us to be able to speak our creativity in the form of an infinite assortment of bricks. It's very enjoyable and has brought so many opportunities and friendships among people. Lego truly is a spectacular connection for so many around the world.

Also, welcome to Eurobricks! Hope you enjoy what you see here! :classic:

I also missed this build but seeing it now I must echo what others have said and say it is fantastic!

It all really feels authentic to the time period and has brilliant attention to detail!

@Mister Phes Thank you for taking time to look at my build, Mr. Phes! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

@Spud The Viking Your kind words mean the world. Thank you, Spud! It's great to see that people found my building style to fit in! 

@Beleg the Ranger So glad you liked it, thank you Beleg! I'm not sure how realistic the classroom is, but I just had to use that old chalkboard sticker lego made, haha! :grin: