Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

AoM: Farm Build 1: Healer's Farm House

Some distance from the village of Ambarvale, a Mitgardian wise women and healer prepares a herbal remedy outside her small freehold farmhouse. Meanwhile her young apprentice collects eggs from the chicken coop.

49471825948_d4d1548dde_z.jpg

Their goat grazes under a shady tree,

49472313326_5a77527376_z.jpg

while pumpkins grow behind the house.

49472313831_2015ccf6a7_z.jpg

For those who don't already know, I was called away from by bricks in September of last year for work with very short notice. I returned early December but for various reasons have been a bit slow to get back into building. Hopefully that will change now though and here is my first GoH build for the year!

This all started with the tree. I was experimenting with tree techniques and needed a build to go with the tree - this is the result! The tree is a simplified version of this technique by Dario Đipić. The chicken coop is of course from this Mitgardian build by Isaac Synder. Roof shape was inspired by this build by Søren Johansen.  Originally I was going to try and experiment with using yellowish green as a landscaping colour, but after I ordered a stack of 1x2 plates I realised it was much too bright for the effect I wanted! Also a submission for AoM.

Beautiful build that strikes a good balance between tidy- and textured building techniques. The irregular base and angled layout make for some lovely all-around views. The tree looks fabulous. But the top of the chimney looks -- dangerous!

So many awesome techniques on display at once can sometimes feel cluttered, but you’ve pulled these all together into a very cohesive, visually appealing display. And I always love your use of Altbricks leaves; they really bring a lot of life to your builds. Great work.

Pumpkins! :drool: :grin:

Moving on... that's a really nice tree, great job shaping it to not interfere with the roof but still look perfectly natural.  Plus the colors are the perfect offset for the black.  I think either the stone or the roof should have been less textured - both are great but too much together.  But chicken coop is cute and the whole build is delightful!

Nice cottage.  I like the roof and the texturing of the walls.  I like how the tree has a large trunk at the bottom and has a lot of foliage.  

Great work, as I have come to expect from you.  The entire composition looks good from the irregular base to the high pitched roof and chicken coop.  You do a great job incorporating various techniques, like the coop and tree, and I love the pumpkin patch.  You do a great job making the dark green contrast with the pumpkins while also making it seem like it's in an area slightly shaded by the house.  The overall color choice is excellent.  I think you have done a great job in all your builds capturing the colors of the north, and this is no exception.  The light greens, dark tan, and the high A frame roof all scream a cold, north climate.  Excellent build!

Gorgeous little house, I always struggle with roofs and chimneys, but you aced those once again! 

How beautiful! The color palette is perfectly composed and the builds look great. And I really love all those details such as the owl or the sand green patches on the walls...

I enjoy the way you used the binocular pieces to make the chimney stack, its always neat to see people use seemingly specific purposed parts to accomplish something completely different!