Capt Wolf

The Battle for El Oleonda - Era II, Challenge III - RESULTS POSTED

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Time is running out DONG DONG DONG !

Last entries today DONG DONG DONG !!!

And not even one for Eslandola ? 

20 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

There is one coming... Be patient. :pir-tongue:

One's coming from me as well, although real life has greatly impacted my ability to do as much with it as I wanted to do.

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Time is running out DONG DONG DONG !

Last entries today DONG DONG DONG !!!

And not even one for Eslandola ?

And here it is ! a big baby... :pir-grin:

11 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

One's coming from me as well, although real life has greatly impacted my ability to do as much with it as I wanted to do.

I hope to see your entry soon. Sometimes RL is not helping, I can understand that...

Here is my entry for cat D, just in time : @Ayrlego

2 hours ago, Legonaut said:

Looking Forward for Cat E results!

Should be released before the end of the week. Expect a shock to the rankings!

Challenge III Cat E Results

Combat is ranging across El Oleonda as many Madrician nations answered Carno's call for action; although it would seem the responses are not all altruistic and many nations seem to have their own agenda on El Oleonda.

Carno themselves have seen success, with the famous Essener Totenköpfe entering the fray.

Oleon has shown they are committed to the fight against the Lotii; establish a foot hold on the somewhat suitably name El Oleonda at Fort Arltrees. Pursing a formal alliance with Carno and a group of Tyree'De battles were soon fort against the Lotii, notably the 'Battle of Fort Arltrees'. After having successfully defended their position at Fort Arltrees, Oleonese troops moved to offensive jungle operations where they proved effective at sweeping Lotii patrols from large swaths of western El Oleonda. As a result of the influx of Olean troops in the area, Fort Arltrees has expanded significantly. (Oleon is awarded x1 free large licence for a residence or an artisan in Fort Arltrees to be activated by a mirco build.)

The combined Carnite and Olean efforts resulted in the withdrawal of Lotii forces from the western jungles, easing the threat to Carnite settlements there. However, even the strong Lotii positions in East El Oleonda proved not to be safe!

Corlander forces, still smarting from the Lotii surprise attack on Spudkirk and the loss of the pride of the Royal Navy HMS Resilience, launched a daring raid on the most westernly Lotii settlement, Jiangkai. Starting from their new settlement of Brickford Landing, Corrie troops were ferried across to El Oleonda where they successfully made a cross jungle trek to take the settlement by suprise. After beaching the walls, Corlander troops sacked the town. Strong Lotii re-enforcements threatened from the east; however, and the Corlander forces made an orderly withdrawal with their spoils.

A stalemate has developed on land, with Carnite and Olean forces holding the west of the island. Carno have declared they are satisfied with the status quo and will not seek to incur into Eastern 'Lotii' territory. Whether Oleon will accept this is anyone's guess. Who knows what ambitions the bluecoats have for El Oleonda? For their part, the Lotii have ceased land operations into western El Oleonda and to seem to have accepted the status quo, at least on land....

Individual winners:

1st Place: @Khorne The Thin Black Line

2nd Place: @Ross Fisher The Battle for Fort Arltrees

3rd Place: @Keymonus In extremis

Faction Places at the end of Cat C

A strong showing from Oleon propelled them to the top of the table this round and a shock fall from grace for Eslandola sees them go from first to last place!!!

36829578973_2e118fa29c_t.jpgOleon: 1st

36829576013_756c371e16_t.jpgSea Rats: 2nd

23646260848_fd0e06211b_t.jpgCorrington: 3rd

36788699044_9a22f063a1_t.jpgEslandola: 4th

Whoop whoop! Two prize builds for me. I'm gonna need to find the time...

Are we still waiting on the results of the last category before we tally final scores?

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Are we still waiting on the results of the last category before we tally final scores?

Yes, the scoring is done - I just need to write up the results

Yes! Oleon comes out on top! Vive Oleon!

So proud to be first :sweet: . Nice job everyone!

Wow, what a turn of events! I'm proud of my tiny, illegal settlement, and I hope to see it grow further. Anyways, congratulations to all the participants of cat E, most of the entries were simply great (even if I'm a little biased towards battles with close-ups of minifigs, something we have seen extensively here) 

12 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I'm proud of my tiny, illegal settlement, and I hope to see it grow further. 

Fingers crossed we claim the island and I can use my builds to grow Fort Arltrees. 

2 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

@Ayrlego

Does this mean challenge three is over? 

Awh, I missed it. 

Unfortunately yes, we have yet to release the final results, but the challenge is over.

There is always a next challenge - and with Oleon invading Terraversa we might have another major event ahead of us. A great time to be in the game for sure!

Challenge III Cat D Results

The naval conflict has been just as heated as the conflict on land, with the smaller Lotii vessels suprising Madrician navies with their combat qualities. Nevertheless, the combined might of the Madrician navies has greatly diminished Lotii sea power in the region.  

Individual winners:

Category D1

1st Place: Faladrin A surprising change of wind

2nd Place: Kwatchi The Bounty

3rd Place: Kotz Skirmish on the seas

Category D2

1st Place: Bregir The end of the Resilience

2nd Place: Capt Wolf Not the end of the story I imagined

3rd Place: Brickwolf Busy times in Seawatch

Note: All place holders are entitled to rewards for this category, even leadership members.

Total averaged scores at the end of Category D

36829576013_756c371e16_t.jpgSea Rats: 1st

36829578973_2e118fa29c_t.jpgOleon: 2nd

23646260848_fd0e06211b_t.jpgCorrington: 3rd

36788699044_9a22f063a1_t.jpgEslandola: 4th

Final Faction Places for Challenge III

The court has recognised some issues with the current scoring system that does not address a balance between participation and quality. Future challenges will adapt a modified scoring system, but for now it has been decided to award the original prizes based on the total averaged scores at the end of category D.

Nations may choose a location for a new settlement on any of the unoccupied numbered islands on this map OR they may add the free property licenses associated with their prize to an existing settlement in the New Haven Sea. Original property license conditions may be found here.

Sea Rats have first choice, followed by Oleon, Corrington and finally Eslandola. Please announce your faction's choice in this thread within one week of the proceeding factions choice being announced.

Additional prizes to recognise faction efforts in individual categories have been awarded below.

Challenge III Overall Results

Due to a host of Madrician nations meeting the Carnite call to arms, Carno has managed to defend their settlements on Oleonda and consolidate their hold on the western half of the island. Lotii power both on land and at sea has been diminished, but not to the point where they are forced to abandon their colonial possessions. Lotii naval power has been weakened to the point where it is unlikely that their fleet will seek battle with Corlander or Eslandolan flagged vessels for the next three trading seasons (OOC: For winning Cat D, Lotii ships will not attack Corrlander or Eslandolan flagged vessels for the next three MRCAs. Both factions are also awarded 2 free sistership licenses). The successful Corlander raid on the western most Lotii settlement of Jiangkai together with the significant Oleon presence out of Fort Arltrees have exposed that settlements weakness. Although the Lotii successfully retook the settlement, they have now abandoned it. A significant number of the population of the former settlement were left behind and although the settlement was destroyed, foundations and building materials are abundant. The remaining people are likely to be hostile to nations whose troops wear red, but if Olean troops out of Fort Arltrees were to establish a settlement in this location, the population would probably actively assist them. (OOC: For wining Cat E, If Oleon establishes a settlement on the site of Jiangkai at any time in the next six months, it will automatically start with 12 NPC residences and 'Town' status - no micros required.) Carno has also been impressed with Oleon military prowess, and a company of elite Essener Totenköpfe have reported to Fort Arltrees for duty (OOC: Oleon gains an upkeep free company at Fort Altrees). For now an uneasy stalemate presides over the island with a line of control passing through narrowest part of the island.

The Tyree'de remain as mysterious as ever, although Corlander trading efforts appear to have been very effective with the Tyree'de opening a permanent trade station in the Corlander settlement of Spudkirk. (OOC: For winning Cat C, Spudkirk gains a free medium commerce property activated by mirco). Conflict with the Lotii empire on the other hand has exposed the Madrician nations to far greater knowledge of the Southern Halsoians with Corrington opening a dedicated academy of Lotii studies (OOC: for winning Cat A, Corrington gains a free large education property activated by micro in a settlement of their choice - the micro must be Lotii themed). Eslandola, although not as active in combat as the other imperial powers on Oleonda, did spend considerable effort exploring the island in an attempt to discover it's secrets. In doing so, they discovered the ruins of the temple of Thabthim and within a huge cache of gold and precious stones. Also within the temple were some crude maps, from which Eslandolan adventurers discovered the location of an ancient gold mine fortuitously located close to the recently established Eslandolan settlement of Interlagos. (OOC: For wining Cat B, Eslandola adds +1000DB to their treasury and may construct a free gold mine in the settlement of Interlagos - no prospecting build or die roll required.)

Note: there have been a great deal of mircos awarded to individual players and factions as part of this challenge. All mirco licences issued as part of this challenge will expire on 31st Dec 2020. Use it or lose it!

Congratulations to the winning faction and to the individual winners! So much to (micro)build and so many great stories!

And a great thank also to @Ayrlego for the excellent writing

Many thanks to everybody participating, there were a lot of great builds and stories in this, which made it an overall interesting and exciting development for the game. Also even greater thanks to all working tirelessly behind the scenes to have this run smoothly - your hard work is appreciated! :pir-classic:

Congratulations to all individual winners, as well as to the Sea Rats faction winning it overall. Well done everybody!

Thanks, guys I didn't participate, but I am so glad we won. 

Edited by Count Vroskri