Capt Wolf

The Battle for El Oleonda - Era II, Challenge III - RESULTS POSTED

I have seen some nice examples with using parabolas as hats in the absence of the bespoke rounded Chinese hats, and the use of various castle helmets, all of which actually can work quite well. I can try to get a picture up of the figbarf I made earlier in preparation for the challenge, and I know others have posted some nice examples too. :)

Same, in many of the older Asian inspired sets like the ninja line as well as the Jonny thunder orient exposition, they used 2x2 or 3x3 inverted dishes to represent the hats. 

and speaking of Lotii. Do they have official colors or is it a free for all?

Good idea! I do not have many Ninjago minifigures, but certainly a lot of Jedi. You will hopefully see my "Jedi of the Lotus" soon! (Sort of just kidding):pir-huzzah1:

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Wow! that was a lot more entries when you list them all together than I at first thought! Well done all.

I blame Covid-19, the "stay inside/stay safe" campaign and the Barracuda hype! The theme of this challenge also helped :pir-wink:

So, good luck gentlemen!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Deadline Update: Cat D deadline changed to 28 June 2020 to allow for another MRCA to be run for the MRCA component of the challenge. Cat E remains 31 May 2020. Front page updated.

Also:

As the conflict heats up in the New Haven Sea region, more news is filtering back to Colonial authorities throughout the Brick Seas. From the reports of Corlander, Eslandolan, Oleon, Carnite and even Sea Rat explorers; Corlander master cartographers have updated their maps of the region with the most recent Halosian claims and known Lotii settlements. Copies of their maps are now freely circulating throughout the Brick Seas.

48595911256_4b01067128_h.jpg

Is it possible to make more than one vignette for Cat E if they do not exceed the 32x32 base, for example two 16x16s? Two 16x16s would just have half the size a 32x32 'd have

Edited by Legonaut

9 hours ago, Legonaut said:

Is it possible to make more than one vignette for Cat E if they do not exceed the 32x32 base, for example two 16x16s? Two 16x16s would just have half the size a 32x32 'd have

Your total footprint can be no more than 32x32 or 1024 studs. How you distribute this footprint is entirely up to you. :pir-classic:

Here is my entry for Category E.