1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

But it does not look like steering wheel...more like a wheel for WW1 biplane...

Even a realistic steering wheel will look ugly, if you locate it too high, or too low, or too close to a seat, or vertically etc.

Edited by Parazels

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Yay, 11x15 frame in a useful color! I also spot the 8 prong gearbox clutch in LBG instead of yellow.

It looks so in this image (11 x 15 frame)

42111-LEGO-The-Fast-and-the-Furious-Set_

Just now, Parazels said:

Even a realistic steering wheel will look ugly, if you locate it too high, or too low, or too close to a seat, or vertically etc.

That is true

Edited by I_Igor
Added text in brackets

1 minute ago, Michael217 said:

That's better! And in scale with the Mustang just right!

Now make the Mustang DHG (Dark Highland Green) :wink: and remove the turbo charger and wheelie bar from the Charger and you can play one of - if not the - best car chasing scene(s) of all times. :grin:

Just now, johnnym said:

Now make the Mustang DHG (Dark Highland Green) :wink: and remove the turbo charger and wheelie bar from the Charger and you can play one of - if not the - best car chasing scene(s) of all times. :grin:

We will need also replace the taillights "beam" with round tiles, like in 68' model))
But the wheels fit perfectly, especially as the real Charger has relatively small wheels (small for its large body) whereas the one presented in F&F movies had bigger ultralow-profile "drums".

In real life the Charger is almost 1/4 bigger then the Mustang ..   Just like Micheal217 picture!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Just now, sirslayer said:

In real life the Charger is almost 1/4 bigger then the Mustang ..   Just like Micheal217 picture!! 

Yeah, exactly. They are even members of different classes: Charger is a Muscle car (full-sized overpowered car) whereas Mustang is a Pony car (sub-sized overpowered car, the shorter trunk and not so roomy for the rear passengers).

4 minutes ago, Void_S said:

We will need also replace the taillights "beam" with round tiles, like in 68' model))

You're correct, I forgot about that. Maybe because I prefer the later ones. :classic:

3 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

Indeed, that was quite a picture seeing that "small" Mustang trying to push the "big" Charger of the road in Bullitt. Man I love the soundtrack of that movie, especially the intro music. Sorry for going off-topic.

Edited by johnnym
Got the name wrong

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Release it in Orange as the General Lee and i'll be interested... F&F? Yawn!!

I'm trying to build it in Studio right now and I see no parts so far that have no orange color...

2 hours ago, Leewan said:

I think you're right, we can see it on this picture. I've cropped it and highlighted the frame :

11x15 Frame

BALL SOCKET FRAMES ARE BACK

Five years of waiting boys, five years :cry_happy:

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

BALL SOCKET FRAMES ARE BACK OH MY GOD

It looks like returning of old-good parts and techniques: rare tires, "big" engine, ball-frame for live axle, compact steering hubs, etc... Really it screams only for the Technic minifig. I wouldn't mind even the bold one :grin:

News moves fast these days. I saw the leaked picture of the Charger last night, and one day later there are 4+ pages of discussion and it's now available for pre-order.  The leaked picture looked like a promisingly large scale, and the official pictures have delivered with extra goodies like a deployable wheelie bar and an 11x15 frame.  The only thing I don't like is the pin holes and flat sides which hurt the bodywork.

The above comparison picture with the Mustang really highlights the differences between Technic and Creator building styles.  Technic models will have a lot more realistic and cool functions like the suspension, steering, engine, wheelie bar, etc.  On the other hand, Creator models tend to have smoother bodywork and more detail.  I'm not sure which one comes off better in this case.

2 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

I'm not sure which one comes off better in this case.

I think the functions generally dictate how I’ll respond to a Technic set’s aesthetics. If the functions are good (as is the case here) then I’ll be more relaxed about the aesthetics. If the functions are sparse and/or poorly executed (like the 911 RSR and 42077 rally car) then I’ll go a lot harder on the aesthetics, since there’s less propping the set up.

With this set I’m happy ignoring that as a replica it has some (but not many tbh) aesthetic faults, and to just treat it as a functional Technic muscle car. The price is a little bit steep in that case, however ($180AUD could be worse, but I’ll see if I can get it for $130-40 secondhand or whatever). Speaking of prices, Canada is getting it for cheaper as usual with large sets... lucky guys

Edited by Bartybum

8 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Yay, 11x15 frame in a useful color! I also spot the 8 prong gearbox clutch in LBG instead of yellow.

So there is actually something this set is good for... I bet my dumb @ss will find a way to need this frame for my MOC, now that I know it is available in a useful color :head_back:...hopefully it will be available on Bricks&Pieces soon... For like 4€/piece :sadnew:

10 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

So here's my prediction. I think this set has the 11x15 frame in dark gray.

It would be nice, but if the car is built symmetrically, it seems to be that the panel should be 9 studs wide. Two holes on each side and 5 between the perpendicular connectors, that are on sides of 3 studs wide assembly consisting of that two black bent liftarms.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

I hope it is not a 11x15 frame... though I like panels and frames, for me Technic is still about building techniques, so big molded pieces would be a step back, into direction of... playmobil.

42 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

It would be nice, but if the car is built symmetrically, it seems to be that the panel should be 9 studs wide. Two holes on each side and 5 between the perpendicular connectors, that are on sides of 3 studs wide assembly consisting of that two black bent liftarms.

There's another set of black liftarms on the outside of the bent liftarms. Thus the 11 studs which can be clearly seen in the image looking down from above.

35 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

There's another set of black liftarms on the outside of the bent liftarms. Thus the 11 studs which can be clearly seen in the image looking down from above.

Well, now I see it. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

BALL SOCKET FRAMES ARE BACK

Five years of waiting boys, five years :cry_happy:

Yes it looks like Unimog ball joint for torque tube suspension. :thumbup: