57 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

Two of the 3x3 biscuit parts in black - curious to see how they get used. And wondering if this part is just laziness on the part of designers, can existing parts be used instead, or are the biscuits needed for frame strengthening, etc.

They keeps the steering shaft coming from the steering rack to HOG: one as a part of a trunk lid surface (can be replaced with a combination of connectors and liftarms), another is mounter between the seats (and can be easily replaced).

Look at the unequal number of panel fairings #1/2 and #5/6 in black. Could it be that one of each is used to make the dashboard? Can't really think of anything else that would use just a single panel instead of a pair...

8 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Look at the unequal number of panel fairings #1/2 and #5/6 in black. Could it be that one of each is used to make the dashboard? Can't really think of anything else that would use just a single panel instead of a pair...

It looks very equal for me:

• very small: 1x left + 1x right
  • 3*5 Short: 4x left + 4x right
  • 11*3 big-long: 1x left + 1x right

Plus, the dashboard is made of only 3*11 flat panel with no curves or anything else. Here is the 360-degree model: https://mir-kubikov.ru/lego/42111/  

Just now, SamuelYsc said:

Still using the old-style differential, disappointed...

Which old-style? With the one coming in the 42109, there are now four "generations" in total.

Probably got all the pieces already, so not really interested for buying this for parts. However new frame is really interesting though. I remember people asking for beams/liftarm with holes in alternating directions. So new frames seem to be an alternative solution for this.

11 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Parts list shows both type of panels have same piece count for L/R.

Just now, AVCampos said:

Which old-style? With the one coming in the 42109, there are now four "generations" in total.

We all know which diff he means.

Just now, AVCampos said:

The "most but one recent", the bevel DBG one for 3x 12-teeth small gears, commonly used in the modern models last several years.

19 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I was expecting it will use the 65414&65413 from 42109, not 62821.
It was a good opportunity to use the new design.

Just now, SamuelYsc said:

I was expecting it will use the 65414&65413 from 42109, not 62821.
It was a good opportunity to use the new design.

Yes but I still so no reason of using it in non-RC models... The newest diff is quite expensive and have a high gearing ratio, so it is very expected to see its cheap alternative instead. So, mates, you're expecting expensive parts but complain of sets price :look:

Can't wait until somebody figures out how to RC this thing with buwizz.. I preordered my charger and now i'm waiting while clasping into my servo and buwizz.. 

25 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Yes but I still so no reason of using it in non-RC models... The newest diff is quite expensive and have a high gearing ratio, so it is very expected to see its cheap alternative instead. So, mates, you're expecting expensive parts but complain of sets price :look:

What are you talking about? How is the new Diff expensive? Its 2 simple mold pieces like any other. A small turntable should be more difficult to do. If you deem a difference of a very few cents expensive, then ok I guess.

But i agree with you on this: This model has no benefit from using the new diff piece. The odler diff is a better choice here, because it offers a slower output speed, resulting in lower friction. But looking at the price I can definatelly see why people expect the better diff piece, 120 bucks is just :enough:

Edited by Gray Gear

16 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Can't wait until somebody figures out how to RC this thing with buwizz.. I preordered my charger and now i'm waiting while clasping into my servo and buwizz.. 

As soon as we manage to get it!

11 hours ago, kbalage said:

"official" reviews still weeks away.. if there'll be more lazy Walmart employees and lucky buyers in the US then you can expect fan reviews popping up on YT/Fb/etc soon.

I moreso meant from @LvdH

5 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

What are you talking about? How is the new Diff expensive? Its 2 simple mold pieces like any other. A small turntable should be more difficult to do. If you deem a difference of a very few cents expensive, then ok I guess.

But i agree with you on this: This model has no benefit from using the new diff piece. The odler diff is a better choice here, because it offers a slower output speed, resulting in lower friction. But looking at the price I can definatelly see why people expect the better diff piece, 120 bucks is just :enough:

I wouldn't say it cost a fortune, possibly just explained my point of view incorrectly. I was meaning that this model has no new parts (except of the 11*15 frame) so it's a kind of "light-cost" but branded model. Yeah, it still costs some due to the F&F and Dodge brands possibly but imagine if TLG added the new diff, new wheel arches, new something here, new there. Even new tires! It would cost a lot but with no valuable effect on the features and look, making it flagship-costly and basic-functioned. 

However, even being expensive, it still would be a great resource set for me as for AFOL...

Yeah, the price of the new diffs. are ridiculous!!! I just paid  over $20 USD on this !!!!  the most expensive piece if plastic in the world!!!  Lego.shop!!!! please open your pick a brick section !!! 

Lot ID: 198529876  Part No: 65414  Name: Technic, Gear Differential Housing
New   2 US $5.25 US $10.50
Lot ID: 198530028  Part No: 65413  Name: Technic, Gear 28 Tooth Double Bevel with Pin Hole
New   2 US $5.00 US $10.00

25 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

Yeah, the price of the new diffs. are ridiculous!!! I just paid  over $20 USD on this !!!!  the most expensive piece if plastic in the world!!!  Lego.shop!!!! please open your pick a brick section !!! 

Lot ID: 198529876  Part No: 65414  Name: Technic, Gear Differential Housing
New   2 US $5.25 US $10.50
Lot ID: 198530028  Part No: 65413  Name: Technic, Gear 28 Tooth Double Bevel with Pin Hole
New   2 US $5.00 US $10.00

Why didn’t you just wait? TLC have their reasons for closing B&P at the moment

Edited by Bartybum

A month or two???    Maybe Mankind will be extinct in a month!!!   at least when you find my skeleton , ill have the new diff in my hands.. 

Edited by sirslayer

Not necessarily wowed by this set but I am sure I will get it none the less. If for no other reason than to finally get one of those ball and socket things, out of my immense collection, that part is conspicuously missing. That and the new frame. 

Kind of reminds me of that funny car dragster set from a few years back, with that wheelie gizmo gimmick thing and I don't really care for the looks but what the hell. 

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

If for no other reason than to finally get one of those ball and socket things

Jesus I know right. The ballsocket frames are my number one most coveted pieces, right above the old soft springs from 42007 and 42036, along with the weird twisted L-beam connector from 42006.

Edited by Bartybum

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Jesus I know right. The ballsocket frames are my number one most coveted pieces, right above the old soft springs from 42007 and 42036, along with the weird twisted L-beam connector from 42006.

Just as off-topic, I got then in 42005 that was a real bargain!

Returning to the 42111 set, I have modified my replica using the recently published parts list, so it should be ready soon.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Just as off-topic, I got then in 42005 that was a real bargain!

I’m currently trying to source it for under $30AUD. So far I’ve seen one for $40 but I wanna go even lower