Rear axle from seen pictures seems really strange. It looks like, it is connected somehow from back or something. Shock absorbers bottom connection is really low.

This looks more like a MOC than a official Set. The Roof construcrion looks hella fragile. And I dont get why they didn't use the smooth 3x11 panel eith less holes over the back wheels :look:

Just now, Gray Gear said:

And I dont get why they didn't use the smooth 3x11 panel eith less holes over the back wheels

Less mold diversity.

And how they are held in place - some axles with stop for those axle pin perpendicular connectors?

2020-03-30_16h33_13.png

@Void_S Lego could make a custom fender like they did for the Defender, the lack of even trying to have proper fenders even with a flex tube could of been used 

@Jurss Am i mad, or are those rear shocks mounted with their rotating holes perpendicular to the rotational axis of the axle? In my understanding, this orientation would allow for more left-right height difference on a live axle, but it would actually block up-down movement to begin with.

@sirslayer If we are talking wheel arches, the real car doesnt have any notable arch to speak off, mostly just a rounded off cut out in the side panels, so while the lego set doesnt match modern cars, i think it looks pretty decent for a 70s charger. Making a new wheel arch panel for this set would pretty much box them into only re-using the part for 70s muscle cars. (im fully expecting the defender arches to show up in more sets)

Just now, vectormatic said:

Am i mad, or are those rear shocks mounted with their rotating holes perpendicular to the rotational axis of the axle? In my understanding, this orientation would allow for more left-right height difference on a live axle, but it would actually block up-down movement to begin with.

From memory, I think almost all instances of live axle suspension in sets have featured springs rotated 90 degrees. You need it like that for the axle to roll.

Edited by agrof
better video without chanel logo

well if this model was in any color but black, i believe you can see the flaws a lot better!!  at least they are saving weight by using the color black!!!  

Edited by sirslayer

Just now, sirslayer said:

well if this model was in any color but black, i believe you cam see the flaws a lot better!!  at least they are saving weight by using the color black!!!  

Very very good point.:thumbup:

Definetely not buying this

Looks like a MoC to me, no disrepect to anybody

Edited by Kaydash

2 minutes ago, Kaydash said:

how do we know all of those pictures are not fake?

Looks like a MoC to me, no disrepect to anybody

They're 100% real.

https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-technic/lego-42111-dom-s-dodge-charger.html

Is this a meme? You can't buy it yet i think.

EDIT:
Just found the translate to english button on that site :grin:

I gotta ask, if you preorder it from lego, will it be cheaper to buy than if you bought it from a store? 
Because i don't see whats the point of ordering it now when it ships it out at april 27. 
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dom-s-dodge-charger-42111

Edited by Mechbuilds

13 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

19 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-technic/lego-42111-dom-s-dodge-charger.html

Is this a meme? You can't buy it yet i think.

EDIT:
Just found the translate to english button on that site :grin:

I gotta ask, if you preorder it from lego, will it be cheaper to buy than if you bought it from a store? 
Because i don't see whats the point of ordering it now when it ships it out at april 27. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dom-s-dodge-charger-42111

49 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

well if this model was in any color but black, i believe you can see the flaws a lot better!!  at least they are saving weight by using the color black!!!  

I agree. I wish it were orange, or green, or dark blue.

8880 should stay the only black car!

Edited by Parazels

Does it at least have working flip up headlights? Otherwhise they left out the coolest thing about the charger...

10 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Does it at least have working flip up headlights? Otherwhise they left out the coolest thing about the charger...

I suppose that as it's a kind of "500" model of '70 Charger that had no flip-upping lights... Anyways, I was trying to make them in two ways and it is possible but needs a very tricky solution so I believe that TLG skipped it.

The thing I want more is at least a low-high gearbox (or even 4). And I see that with already placed 12-20 gears for steering HOG reduction, it is very possible to make using 12-20 and 16-16 clutch gear pairs.

To be honest, don’t think I will get this one. It’s not visually appealing and the functions are just not there for me, at least my wallet is happy about that haha 

The wheels are just way to big, and much too wide, feel like some arocs wheels with custom hubcaps would've been much better.

Or perhaps the mustang wheels?

Edited by jshuiting

2 hours ago, Coolusername said:

I really hope its got the new diff piece!

No, it doesn't.