53 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Guys, according to my source, launch of this set will carry on as scheduled, no postpone.

And the car confirmed it is Dom’s 1970 Dodge Charger R/T

The source also said some store already open for pre-order but sorry I don’t have more detail about those store

Sounds great! Looking forward to this one.

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

Guys, according to my source, launch of this set will carry on as scheduled, no postpone.

And the car confirmed it is Dom’s 1970 Dodge Charger R/T

The source also said some store already open for pre-order but sorry I don’t have more detail about those store

Man, it it the first good news from long time! I am looking forward to this set!

Guys, calm down.... 

I can say that I’m as excited as you all but that is the info I have at the moment, will keep update you guys if have more details.

No picture no scale no piece count info yet, but price & launch date still €99.99 & 27-Apr as mentioned previously.

55 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

launch date still €99.99 & 27-Apr as mentioned previously

Let us hope it is still the case, because the F&F-movie has been delayed from May 2020 to April 2021...

If they’re still planning to release it this year is there a hope that the engine is under the hood (using the American term) and not where the back seats should be like in the set photo of F9 charger.

doing Dom’s more classic charger from the earlier films with the big blower would be great

37 minutes ago, Seasider said:

If they’re still planning to release it this year is there a hope that the engine is under the hood (using the American term) and not where the back seats should be like in the set photo of F9 charger.

doing Dom’s more classic charger from the earlier films with the big blower would be great

If the technic department would look to the creator experts, maybe we could have both just like they did with the regular and tuned Mustang? I know it's way harder to swap the place of the engine, but not impossible...

Given the price and license im skeptical about this set having cool features, but im happy we will be getting it this year, if it looks good ill get it

Some update from the "2020" sets topic:

91007961_206087107388813_739257340867379

Surprise but really reminds the deeply modified 41999 set (was trying to do it 3 years ago):

800x380.jpg

15 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Some update from the "2020" sets topic:

91007961_206087107388813_739257340867379

Doesn't look like much for 99 EUR, also what I can see over here (from other thread).

Inspire kids to recreate their favorite scenes from the Fast & Furious movies with this amazing LEGO Technic Dom’s Dodge Charger (42111), an awesome replica model of the classic muscle car.

Ha, ha, ha, that will work pretty well with one singular car.

Maybe it's still an early April Fool's trick - a good one then.

Edited by johnnym

LEGO-Technic-42111-Dom%E2%80%99s-Dodge-C

There could be really shock absorber seen in front wheel arch. 

But there are no hubs, so those smal T type things could be used for front.

And I thought about making a joke how TLG wouldn't give us black wheel arches even if they made a black car when i first heard about this set...

And yes, that shock absorber seems to be attached there at the top, near engine, not really good way.

And what is tjat bulky thing at rear wheels, facing fron/down, pretty close to the ground? There is some strange construction.

Steering is controlled from a gear on the back. At least that's easy to access, rather than having to reach in and use the steering wheel. Does beg the question, though - is the steering column attached to the wheels?

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Does beg the question, though - is the steering column attached to the wheels?

On this pic, it looks like a blue pin, is connecting the steering wheel (which is way too big...), which means no connection to the actual steering.

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

is the steering column attached to the wheels?

I'm afraid no. In side picture there is something like blue color visible just behind the wheel, so there is that blue axlepin.

Even in this picture steering wheel is turned the same direction, there are visible different connectors just behind the wheel, trough which axle can have only fixed postition. Hopefully I'm wrong :)

Or - that could be also U-joint ....

lego-technic-42111-dodge-charger-0013.jp

there is an extra function that lift the car.

Maybe direction is well by the steering Wheel and the 'HOG' is for this extra one?

Edited by steph77

I'm really afraid, that steering wheel is not working. If it would be working, then there, where is brake cylinder ond behind it, should be some steering mechanisms.

lego-technic-42111-dodge-charger-0014.jp

@Jurss Steering wheel is not working - it's attached with blue pin-axle.

Just now, rm8 said:

@Jurss Steering wheel is not working - it's attached with blue pin-axle.

Was just about to reply the same. I see we are getting the gearbox extension thing in bluish grey and not just yellow. I do hope the ball joint is returning for the rear axle suspension.

Indeed, the ball joint has returned, look at the round thing on the blueprint:

lego-technic-42111-dodge-charger-0009.jp