Just now, Seasider said:

Why would it be a Mistubishi ? I always think of Brians car as a Supra, especially as that's what he drove off into the sunset in

Not to mention the new Supra being in the FF9 trailer (shame its such an ugly car...)

Either way, the "old, american and black" thing someone reported from a toyshow ties in with Doms charger most, so that is what im going by personally, the old charger is also seen in the trailer, and has been in pretty much any FF movie (save for 2 and TD i think)

I just saw the trailer by the way, honestly this franchise just keeps getting more and more ridiculous, and less about car-culture, which really started it all. Somehow it makes me want to rewatch the old FF movies.

28 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Has it been confirmed?  I look back through the post and it makes sense that it is Dom's Charger, but it has not been confirmed.  Only speculation.  Strong speculation, perhaps, but only that.  Unless you have a source.  If so, please share!  :classic:

Wasn't the set seen at Nuremberg? I swear seeing somewhere that it was described as an old black car. The only one that really fits that is the Charger

It hasn’t been about car culture for a long time. It’s about how ridiculous an idea can they come up with involving cars. I love the films. 

You are correct @Bartybum, I can not find the post but I recall someone saying that a person they know saw a black looking boxy car that looked like old school american muscle at Nuremberg.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Wasn't the set seen at Nuremberg? I swear seeing somewhere that it was described as an old black car. The only one that really fits that is the Charger

Yea. Someone did. But i dont really consider that "confirmation".  Like i said, strong speculation ..... But not confirmation. I think we would need an official statment from TLG , released photos, or at least a confirmed source. Not just "someone saw somthing at the N. Toy fair." 

Absolutely.  With lack of water on this information  desert fatamorganas keep appearing and alternative facts keep emerging:grin:.

I need to stop inventing assumptions myself.  

In any case, the set’s coming out in late April, and we’re halfway through February. I say come the next six weeks, we’ll have a better idea of what to expect.

Edited by Bartybum

On 2/13/2020 at 12:25 AM, Bartybum said:

In any case, the set’s coming out in late April, and we’re halfway through February. I say come the next six weeks, we’ll have a better idea of what to expect.

if it has to do wit F&F 9 then it would be very unusual charger, as in this article.

I still think the set is more likely to be a 1970 charger rather than a modern one. The 2020 wide body is the hellcat charger 

Just now, Seasider said:

I still think the set is more likely to be a 1970 charger rather than a modern one. The 2020 wide body is the hellcat charger 

Yeah that would be way better. However, if it's not an "F&F" charger but "F&F 9", it's a 1970 charger with widebody kit and... mid-engine! If so, the first mod would be to return the engine back to home!

10 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Yeah that would be way better. However, if it's not an "F&F" charger but "F&F 9", it's a 1970 charger with widebody kit and... mid-engine! If so, the first mod would be to return the engine back to home! 

The 70s charger also features in the trailer, so im sure it will be there in the movie at some stage, even if it doesnt take center stage during the huge action sequence near the end, itll be there.

As for mid engine chargers, i cant really find anything about the engine position in the link, is this a case of "engine just behind the front axle, so technically mid engined", or have they put it in the back seat behind the driver? Either way, i think the modern charger is just the wrong choice for a cool set, it might have the name, but a 4-door is just wrong for a muscle car, 70s charger all day long!

The hellcat wide body still has the engine under the bonnet. The car in the film might have it in a different position, for stunts etc like they often do with film cars

Just now, vectormatic said:

or have they put it in the back seat behind the driver?

Yep. It has a lot of pipes behind the front seats *oh2*

Perhaps of more interest is the latest iteration of 1970 Dodge Charger owned by Vin Diesel's character Dominic Toretto. Instagram user chromecars.de also on Monday posted a short clip of the car, which was built by the maniacs at SpeedKore Performance Group and allegedly features a mid-engine layout.

24 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I hope that you are right, and (If I did not mixed up something) like @nerdsforprez said with Creator Mustang set 5 spoke wheels :wub:

yep, and i think i spy two turbos, that is one insane car.

Sad as it is to come to this conclusion, if we assume a limited scale ($99 licensed set, so smaller then 42077), squeezing a V8 between the front suspension seems very unlikely using current technic parts/methods, so a mid engined charger would be much easier for the designers to make, just take the basic 42039/77/96 platform, make it two studs narrower and throw some charger bodywork over it.

Aw crap... if it ends up mid engined without an easy way to put the engine in the right place, ill skip it.. i really hope im waaaaay off course here.

Hope that new charger comes with a set of ear plugs as that engine is right behind the driver with no baffle and I bet it smells a treat as well :roflmao:

And pray you don't get an exhaust leak.:pir-skel:

Edited by Cardboy

I'm torn on this, if they don't go the full old school one (and not something like the very ordinary vette) I wouldn't mind a decent 42077 size with mid engine and all those pipes 

10 hours ago, Homersapien said:

I hope for the vintage black one. we have a lot of black but hopefully new mudguards on black that will make the car interesting :D 

Exactly. The only thing we really need here are black mudguards: all other required panels are already presented. Once I was trying to turn 41999 back to its "origin" and the mudguards were the only needed parts for the perfect look together with enough free space for steering and suspension keeping the wheels "inside" the car, like in real 70' cars.

The main thing that I'm curious is the scale of Fast and Furious car ...

Edited by I_Igor
typo; thanks Technicallism

26 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

The main thing that I'm curious is the scale of Fart and Furious car ...

I would assume that you’re typo rather than joking this movie?

?

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

I would assume that you’re typo rather than joking this movie?

?

I see now what you mean; it could end up also Fat, I'll correct it; thanks