Charger occurred mostly in F&F, so most likely it is, despite that I like Plymouth Cuda as well...

LEGO sets on license usually refer to the latest releases (Chiron, 919 gt3, defender) so I'm assuming that it will be something from the latest/upcoming movie

A Lego Technic Dodge Charger would be really nice.  The subtly curved bodywork is difficult to model though, and I don't know how good it would look at the expected price point.

On another note, April is another non-standard release date, continuing to blur the line between 1H and 2H waves.

So what if the F&F set isn’t a Charger or even a Charger and Supra double pack but a generic car design like the Top Gear Rally Car?

It could turn out to be something with a big blower engine or bright colours, graphics and a silly wing

Somebody said that his friend seen the F&F model in Nuremberg Toy Fair, or somewhere else and stated that it is cool looking black old car model. I have never seen any F&F movie, so I have no idea which car it might be. However, maybe we should go in this direction? I think dodge charger fits into those categories.

One thing I can sure is that it won’t be size 1:8, since it crashed with the Lamborghini.

Either size as 42077 or, size as the TOP-gear car, which is less likely compare to the firstly mentioned, unless...... it is twin pack!!!

We shall know on April.

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

Somebody said that his friend seen the F&F model in Nuremberg Toy Fair, or somewhere else and stated that it is cool looking black old car model. I have never seen any F&F movie, so I have no idea which car it might be. However, maybe we should go in this direction? I think dodge charger fits into those categories.

If it’s a black old car then it’s Dom’s charger.  He’s had a few in the films, some with a massive blower, one was jacked up on off-road tyres and another was an ice racer. But they’re all based around a 1970 Charger.

Doms charger has exact same rims as lego 10265.  Hard to see this set (42111) not being released with these rims and therefore any other scale than 10265......

28 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Doms charger has exact same rims as lego 10265.  Hard to see this set (42111) not being released with these rims and therefore any other scale than 10265......

That is what I'm hoping...

51 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

That could explain the price tag as it would be between 42077 and 42093 size-wise. I checked it quickly and it could actually work with the small wheel arches from 42093/42109, it'd be very cool to have them also in black:

1074978902_2020-02-1021_28.47-Edit_EB_ret.jpg.1c28778c665f4724ae5ef30ce092dca6.jpg

Interesting observation @nerdsforprez.  If that is the case, it will be interesting if this is more of a Technic build vs, creator expert (the mustang had few technical features to it, well maybe one - steering)

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Doms charger has exact same rims as lego 10265.  Hard to see this set (42111) not being released with these rims and therefore any other scale than 10265....

Very good point. I am a big fan of the Charger as in my opinion it is the best meanest muscle car of them all, I am not looking forward to this from a technical point of view. I think we can expect a fake V8 engine similar to the 42097, steering and openable bonnet, back and doors.

This should be a creator expert set in my opinion, not technic.

For this price it can be a two very well detailed cars in the scale of 42093 or little bit larger (for better detalization) with 43 or 49 mm wheels.

If not, this can be still detailed car (1 pcs) with 56 mm sport or 62 mm truck tires. Larger mean very poor detailed.

I like both variants.

5 hours ago, rm8 said:

For this price it can be a two very well detailed cars in the scale of 42093 or little bit larger (for better detalization) with 43 or 49 mm wheels.

If not, this can be still detailed car (1 pcs) with 56 mm sport or 62 mm truck tires. Larger mean very poor detailed.

I like both variants.

If set is one large car - It will very good for RC mod.

If set is two small car - It will good display model with 42098 car transporter.

As much as it is dissapointing to think, Dom's charger is the safest money investment set TLG can make, not to mention it being confirmed. 

1. new license from Mitsubishi as well as movie-accurate sponsor decals (from which some are long dead I believe) = added cost
  2. Muscle cars are big in USA and have fans in other countries as well
  3. Flashy "riced out" cars aren't everyone's cup of tea by far at have fallen out of mainstream car modding for a decade or so
  4. Boxy = easier to replicate, just look at the mediocre Corvette set. Also, black hides imperfections better.
  5. Eclipse was blown up very fast and charger was used in various movies. 

As to the size... most probably the same as that creator muscle car. Hopefully someday there will be a technic car that isn't a UCS shelf model of supercar or an american model :hmpf_bad: Some worldwide famous Japanese cars in the lineup wouldn't hurt.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:30 AM, rm8 said:

I like both variants.

I like the size of 42093/42109 but dont 42077.

But size like 10265 still pretty good and it still can fit with tyre 62mm.

One of Example:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/thelegocarblog.com/2017/09/18/supercharged-smushing/amp/

Would be glad if the size either one of above and not size of 42077... Pls dont...??

15 hours ago, syclone said:

As much as it is dissapointing to think, Dom's charger is the safest money investment set TLG can make, not to mention it being confirmed.

Has it been confirmed?  I look back through the post and it makes sense that it is Dom's Charger, but it has not been confirmed.  Only speculation.  Strong speculation, perhaps, but only that.  Unless you have a source.  If so, please share!  :classic:

15 hours ago, syclone said:

1. new license from Mitsubishi as well as movie-accurate sponsor decals (from which some are long dead I believe) = added cost
  2. Muscle cars are big in USA and have fans in other countries as well
  3. Flashy "riced out" cars aren't everyone's cup of tea by far at have fallen out of mainstream car modding for a decade or so
  4. Boxy = easier to replicate, just look at the mediocre Corvette set. Also, black hides imperfections better.
  5. Eclipse was blown up very fast and charger was used in various movies. 

As to the size... most probably the same as that creator muscle car. Hopefully someday there will be a technic car that isn't a UCS shelf model of supercar or an american model :hmpf_bad: Some worldwide famous Japanese cars in the lineup wouldn't hurt.

Why would it be a Mistubishi ? I always think of Brians car as a Supra, especially as that's what he drove off into the sunset in