99.99 EUR, releasing in April. We don't know exactly which car the set will represent. From: Brickset

Universal Brand Development and The LEGO Group broaden partnership with Fast & Furious.

Billund, DENMARK (28th January 2020): Universal Brand Development and The LEGO Group have expanded their licensing relationship to include Universal Pictures’ record smashing, home grown franchise – Fast & Furious. This new IP expansion will take shape with LEGO Technic creating a thrilling new set for Spring 2020. The Ninth Chapter in the Fast & Furious saga hits theaters around the world beginning in May 2020.

“The Fast & Furious saga continues its blockbuster growth in fun, new ways – with video games, a new animated series and now in the construction toy segment,” said Joe Lawandus, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Toys and Hardlines, Universal Brand Development. “Fans across generations will love building the Fast & Furious car of their dreams with this LEGO Technic set.”

“The LEGO Technic brand with its authenticity and attention to detail and the action packed Fast & Furious franchise are a great match. Both franchises are known for creativity and cool cars so we are really excited to work with Universal on this awesome product that both LEGO Technic and Fast & Furious fans are going to love to build!” Jill Wilfert, Vice President of Inbound & Entertainment Licensing at the LEGO Group.

The Technic building system offers a challenging build for older children and adults, with focus on cool models with authentic details.

Further information about the LEGO Technic Fast & Furious set, which is for ages 10 years and above, will be revealed later this year and will be in stores globally from April 27, 2020.

Which vehicle from Fast & Furious would most interest you? Let us know in the comments.

FF9 trailer is out, I think I found the perfect candidate from the movie to become a LEGO set:

image.thumb.png.13f8550a077d833ee93f677db6f66602.png

16 minutes ago, kbalage said:

FF9 trailer is out, I think I found the perfect candidate from the movie to become a LEGO set:

I hope not, because as stated in the trailer, it is NOT impressive :D

A Fiero rocket car. I would be shocked, only I'm not. They really should have stopped after Tokyo drift, but here we are. :laugh:

Really curious to see what this turns out to be for $99 EUR. Certainly larger than the Corvette, right? Something near 1:10 scale hopefully.

My hopes are not high. Mercifully, this is NOT Fiero rocket car. Somebody indicated it was something classic and black, which tells us.. not a whole lot.

I predict it will be a Racers style set, because that's what Lego wants Technic to be apparently.

Edited by Saberwing40k

4 minutes ago, erikhortsch said:

I don't want it to be a muscle car. This wasn't gone in 60 seconds, this was Fast & Furious! give me a ricer!!!

F&F is not exclusively ricers... muscle cars have played just as significant a role

Even if the set was good, the Fast and Furious licence would be a negative point for me: I think that the movies are very bad (except the first one). Not something that I would expose at home.

54 minutes ago, Seasider said:

If they’re doing a F&F car it should be Dom’s charger as he often has one in the films.

Where do I have to sign? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

it should be Dom’s charger

I think this is the most iconic/recognizable car from the movie range, and it would fit best with the alleged 'classic black square-ish car' claim posted in the general 2020 set discussion thread.

Just now, Rudivdk said:

I think this is the most iconic/recognizable car from the movie range, and it would fit best with the alleged 'classic black square-ish car' claim posted in the general 2020 set discussion thread.

Then we can expect to see small mudguard panels in black. Soon there will be enough color variations to host an Eurobrick mini auto contest!

16 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Then we can expect to see small mudguard panels in black. Soon there will be enough color variations to host an Eurobrick mini auto contest!

A small car Contest (corvette scale) would be good. especially once we have those arches in lots of colours 

Tell me they weren't thinking about F&F when they designed this:

8649-1.png

And that's something I like. It's loud, it's dumb, it just needs a bit of refinement and functionality. 

But my dream series would be an entire lineup of Corvette-sized cars, all in screaming colours. But that's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, mahjqa said:

8649-1.png

And that's something I like. It's loud, it's dumb, it just needs a bit of refinement and functionality. 

But my dream series would be an entire lineup of Corvette-sized cars, all in screaming colours. But that's not going to happen.

was it designed when first FnF was released?

8649-1.png

Clearly Brian's Eclipse was the model for the 8649.

Just now, rm8 said:

was it designed when first FnF was released?

I believe so, the first F&F came out in 2001 IIRC and the 8649 is from 2005.

But my dream series would be an entire lineup of Corvette-sized cars, all in screaming colours.

I'd terribly like that, too.

But that's not going to happen.

If LEGO doesn't do it, we can still make it happen on our own, e.g. see this Supra, or @Thirdwigg's 42098 mod, or @Arioh's Drifter (42098 mod) or my mod of the Drifter  etc..

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

A small car Contest (corvette scale) would be good. especially once we have those arches in lots of colours 

I think it will be more like 911 RSR 42096 scale wheel arches as people on this site think it will be £85 price point the Corvette is only £40 may or may not get suspension and will be a simple design with a engine and super charger probably without opening doors as the one ion the movie has welded doors. I'm hoping they add some chrome / metalic silzer pieces but will probably be grey. Will still get it as who doesn't love a Dodge charger :excited:

3 hours ago, johnnym said:

If LEGO doesn't do it, we can still make it happen on our own, e.g. see this Supra, or @Thirdwigg's 42098 mod, or @Arioh's Drifter (42098 mod) or my mod of the Drifter  etc..

I'm quite a fan of the scale.

I also wonder about attaching just the "Fast and Furious" brand. That's not a car brand. Maybe they're keeping the car brand itself under wraps for now, but I hope they don't go the "Top gear" way and don't rebuild an existing car at all.