I'm glad to introduce Boulevard des Lumières, my very first big 'Moc'!

I started this project in march 2015 and abandoned it a few months later due to professional and family reasons. Then I restarted it again last September and finished it now in January 2020.

The idea was to create a building inspired in the Haussmann style present in most of central Paris, without any piece count limit that would keep the modular compatibility and the minifig scale. So this is not a direct replica of any particular one. The street name is also fictional, there is no 'Boulevard des Lumières' in Paris, but its spirit is highly Parisian.

49468525597_db8210aace_b.jpg

49467807808_2064ae8c26_c.jpg

49467808003_a18d1f2793_c.jpg

49467808188_e07bac2eea_c.jpg

49468526272_a19361a19f_c.jpg

49468302031_b1e1776e0e_c.jpg

49467807403_944ec1072e_c.jpg

49468526452_bc6676e6a0_c.jpg

49467808803_26e4146be5_c.jpg

49468526637_bc2c9748c8_c.jpg

49467808713_5069818563_c.jpg

49468527012_2c5b3a7500_c.jpg

49468303076_94bb33e819_c.jpg

49467809223_046ac0e722_c.jpg

49467809603_c1723df1b6_c.jpg

49468303466_10de1febf0_c.jpg

49468301136_eeb662b4a3_c.jpg

49467809783_a47409bf6e_c.jpg

49468527087_a01fdd3a38_c.jpg

49468303386_1a8c5b69b3_c.jpg

49468527432_2fbfab0973_c.jpg

49468301186_94696d9c31_c.jpg

49468527937_88a8198422_c.jpg

49468303191_d7a8da4e8d_c.jpg

49468527717_f54eb206a5_c.jpg

49468302551_d866f39e38_c.jpg

49468303796_0ab29a5d74_c.jpg

Also, I'm adding some extra info and videos in the next days in my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lepralego/.

Any suggestions, questions or comments are welcome.

Cheers!

Edited by Lepralego

Incredibly impressive build there! Really glad you went back to complete it and I'm guessing you are too because its absolutely fantastic. Super realistic, hyper detailed and very Parisian. Gorgeous to look at inside and out. Amazing work. :wub:

Amazing build with great interior diversity. I also like all tiled floors, an obsession of mine :)
It seems you have plans to put this next other modulars that match the back of this one?

Edited by Berthil
typos

wow, this is just insane! No words! Both outside and insides are mindblowing! :wub: I also love how it opens up!

28 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Incredibly impressive build there! Really glad you went back to complete it and I'm guessing you are too because its absolutely fantastic. Super realistic, hyper detailed and very Parisian. Gorgeous to look at inside and out. Amazing work. :wub:

Thank you for yor words koalayummies! :blush: It’s been a complex experience, I’ve spent an incredible amount of time and money searching and buying the pieces that I needed. It became an obsession for me... Now, I'm happy with the result and also so glad to move on and start to think in other projects...

40 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Amazing build with great interior diversity. I also like all tiled floors, an obsession of mine :)
It seems you have plans to put this next other modulars that match the back of this one?

'Interior diversity', yes! that was one of my challenges. It's a big building and I knew that I had to try not to be so repetitive.

About another modular, well I think the next one won't be as big as this one. I need a some days to think about it...

42 minutes ago, adwind said:

wow, this is just insane! No words! Both outside and insides are mindblowing! :wub: I also love how it opens up!

Thank you so much for your words! It really helps a lot! The hinge was a big challenge indeed. As you may know, you have to keep the structure robust enough... Also, building the prototype of the facades compromised the interior of the building, so I had to constantly go back and rebuild some parts to combine the interior and exterior construction.

Wonderful! The facades balance is perfect. The interior details are beautiful and the way it can be opened is just great. 

2 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Beautiful model and beautiful photos!!! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Trekkie99!

55 minutes ago, t-brick said:

Fantastic model, very harmonic design and impressive details! Also great photos! :thumbup:

Thanks t-brick! Those words encourages me a lot to keep building!

36 minutes ago, cimddwc said:

Indeed amazing, inside and outside! :thumbup:

Well, I'm so glad to hear that, I've tried to put the same effort in the interior and exterior construction. Thank you!

44 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

Ugh, I wish I had Time, Money and Space to build such monumental stuff... I envy you sooooo much. :(

Well, I think it is much more time than money... but I prefer not to think in all that time I've spent as it is the only way to learn... Now I think that with all this experience behind me I feel more prepared to start my next projects.

About the space, I just have a small room in my apartment for Lego. Nothing to envy at all!

Thanks you for your words!

Edited by Lepralego

I love the way it unfolds to reveal the interior - a very creative approach! It looks great both inside and out. Thanks for sharing!

8 hours ago, jimmynick said:

I love the way it unfolds to reveal the interior - a very creative approach! It looks great both inside and out. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you jimmynick, that was one of the big challenges building it...

I've just added some more images to the original post to show another corners of the building.

Wow. Just wow. You've captured the Parisian feel perfectly. Do you have any pictures on Flickr, or just Instagram?

wow, very well done! not only the interior is beautifully detailed but also the exterior is beautifully finished.

For me personally worth a front page. congratulations and keep on brickin

Beyond amazing. Beyond mind-blowing. Beyond jaw dropping.

¡Bravo!

PS. As I can see you are located in Spain, también te puedo decir: he flipado, es increible. 

Edited by Gongoro73

23 hours ago, Herman Lee said:

So realistic & detailed :thumbup:

22 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Brilliant MOC. Jawdropping.

Oh, It's a pleasure to hear that after all that time building alone... Thank you so much!

15 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Wow. Just wow. You've captured the Parisian feel perfectly. Do you have any pictures on Flickr, or just Instagram?

Thank you MKJoshA.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185819276@N04/

12 hours ago, yanwilma said:

wow, very well done! not only the interior is beautifully detailed but also the exterior is beautifully finished.

For me personally worth a front page. congratulations and keep on brickin

Thank you so much! About the Front Page it would be an honor, of course. I love EB, this is the best site for sharing our passion. Thanks again.

11 hours ago, Gongoro73 said:

Beyond amazing. Beyond mind-blowing. Beyond jaw dropping.

¡Bravo!

PS. As I can see you are located in Spain, también te puedo decir: he flipado, es increible. 

Thank you! Gracias! Me alegro de poner mi granito de arena en el fantástico mundo de los Mocs! Saludos.

O My!!! this looks and works amazing, love the way you made the stairway

Thanks for this!

Greetings!

2 hours ago, carebear said:

O My!!! this looks and works amazing, love the way you made the stairway

Thanks for this!

Greetings!

Thank you so much! The stairway, the hinge and the front corners were the most challenging parts of the build!

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Absolutely perfect. Light years ahead of a standard modular set! :wub_drool::wub_drool:

:blush: Oh... Thank you! LEGO Trains 12 Volts! that was an epic era! I was so in love in that time with the 7745 train set...

1 hour ago, Lepralego said:

Thank you! LEGO Trains 12 Volts! that was an epic era! I was so in love in that time with the 7745 train set...

My first love of the gray era was the timeless 7740 :wink:

It is fabulous. The appearance structure and interior detail contain many different building technic, and absolutely look beautiful.