Hi guys,

yeah I know, I am late showing a MOC of a dumper truck, as both Effermann and jorgeopesi both did excellent jobs! I started with this MOC of the Liebherr T264 in july but couldn't keep up with their pace... In contrast to their more playable MOCs, I tried to stay closer to the design of the 42100 while maintaining all the main functions of the original dumper truck. The T264, as it is the little brother of the bigger T282/284, has been chosen because of the better suited scale of the 94.3x38R tires.

1-Schr-g.jpg

2-Schr-g.jpg

3-Gekippt.jpg

The three main functions are driving, steering and tipping. All are controlled by Ozzees ControlZ, which works like a treat. The MOC is driven by a PU XL-motor, steering is done by an PU L-Motor.

The two pneumatic pumps and the switch are both driven by one PU M-motor using the ingenius idea of Sariel for the compressor/valve combination.

4-Seite.jpg

Overall I really tried to stay as close to the original look and functions as possible. The rear suspension is a live axle guided by a center pin and sprung by two hard shock absorber.

5-Unteransicht.jpg

6-Heck.jpg

The steering has an Ackermann geometry and a very narrow turning radius. I am not really satisfied with the placement of the steering rack in front of the wheels as the connections seem a bit too flimsy for this big model (1620 pieces, slightly over 2 kg). Although I tried different configurations, I couldn't find a better solution of the placement. Two hard shock absorbers on each wheel manage the weight very well and bouncy :-).

7-Eingelenkt.jpg

The PU-hub is placed in the easily accesable front section.

8-Motorhaube.jpg

I added some more little technic features, as both cabin doors can be opened and the little ladder can be lowered.

9-Leiter.jpg

And finally, here with the reason why I build this MOC :-)

10-R9800.jpg

Beautiful work! Are you planning on making instructions or sharing an LFX? 
One complaint i have is that you have the rear tail lights and turn signals backwards. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

56 minutes ago, ian74 said:

That’s amazing! Nice work!

Thank you :-)

12 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Beautiful work! Are you planning on making instructions or sharing an LFX?

Thanks!

As I don't have that much time on my hand, I didn't thought about to make instructions, yet. I have the .io version of it though, I don't use LDD.

15 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

One complaint i have is that you have the rear tail lights and turn signals backwards

Oh that never occured to me, thanks! :-D

This one is great and it looks that it fits R9800 :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Iit seems we both love these trucks, nice one.

When I saw topic I thought it is your truck :grin:

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Nice one indeed! It really fits well to the digger in terms of design language

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

This one is great and it looks that it fits R9800

Thank you :-)

Next model in plan is a grader... coming in a half year .... :D

@jorgeopesi Can you weight your dumper? I am just curious... if I could start again, I would use two XLs for driving.

Edited by Jundis

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Can you weight you dumper? I am just curious... if I could start again, I would use two XLs for driving.

I am sorry but my MOCs are mounted only for test them, but there are around 1040 pieces and the new pneumatic switch that is missing from the inventory. I like to use as less pieces as I can but it is also true that I almost don´t use aesthetic elements. Talking about motors mine only uses 1 L motor and it is enough I think.

nvlvx9E.png

We always can weight the parts in a box. Here you are an old video of the first version, it was worse than the last one and I think it had more than 1200 pieces so it weighed more using the same transmision system.

First version of the mining truck

I am sorry I haven´t been more helpful.

Edited by jorgeopesi

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I am sorry I haven´t been more helpful.

That really helped, thanks :-)

As I can see from your video, the acceleration and speed on mine is nearly identical. My MOC mostly struggles with tight corners as it seems to drive a little "bumpy" now and then. Maybe I'll try the new diff and see if it helps as the gearing is reduced a little bit. Just ordered from TLC

5 minutes ago, Jundis said:

That really helped, thanks :-)

As I can see from your video, the acceleration and speed on mine is nearly identical. My MOC mostly struggles with tight corners as it seems to drive a little "bumpy" now and then. Maybe I'll try the new diff and see if it helps as the gearing is reduced a little bit. Just ordered from TLC

It is my new must have piece :thumbup: .

Hi guys,

as I didn't want to open a new topic, I'll post it here.

As the 42147 is an upcoming small dump truck for 9,99€, I tried a MOC on my own of it, which is presented here.

Only two functions are steering and tilting of the dump bed, but I think in this scale and with only 130 parts, nothing more is of reason :D

DSC-0699.jpg

DSC-0701.jpg

DSC-0700.jpg

Cute masterpiece! I highly doubt 42147 will be better than this.

@jorgeopesi Thx buddy :-)

The only change I maybe make is to shift the side panels of the dump bed one stud back and put a new panel piece in front. But these aren't available in white or standard yellow right now:

89679.png

Really? I just get the .io file when I click download... I also use adblock...

If you PM me, I can send you the file directly if you want.