Brickvergnugen

[MOC] Darth Scurvy’s Seadestroyer

After a decade plus of not building, my eldest is coming around to LEGO opening the door to get back at it. She’s decided that the Star Wars character’s have turned pirate and an appropriate ship was needed for their captain, Darth Scurvy and his trusty droid Yarr2-D2. 

70CF27ED-1CC6-4CC3-8134-ABD28C622540

Wasn’t sure whether to post here or in the pirates forum, but this seemed most appropriate. No internals to speak of yet, that’s all up to her, but I’d love to hear some critique of the progress thus far. 

252B40F7-3347-4C6B-BD21-0B56559790D93D8855BF-14CB-4851-B1C9-BFC527BD3A59

Are those sails the solar panels from the 4+ TIE fighter? :D That's quite ingenious. And I love the two anti-heros :D

19 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

Are those sails the solar panels from the 4+ TIE fighter? :D That's quite ingenious. And I love the two anti-heros :D

They are indeed and fit perfectly via Technic pin to the later generation sail masts. 

Wow, this is really great!
Love the mixing of the two themes. The design of the ship still feels very Star Destroyer-like, and the TIE-wings are an excellent touch!

Regards,
Mitch

Tonight, in an odd twist, it was decided that the Rebels would be the empire that Darth Scurvy battles against. I quickly gave up hope on trying to explain how rebels generally aren’t the establishment and pirates want to loot from a large wealthy target. So we made Imperial Rebels..... 

B5C54243-11A6-4F4C-AD75-8B0713390371

I don't know what's better, cannon-wielding Chewie or Eyepatch-Leia. All in all a wonderful selection of "crown" rebels :D

Also, in my first comment I was too stunned by the beauty of the ship and the sails, now I notice the TIE windows for what I assume are captain Darth Scurvy's quarters, nice touch.

Edited by Per_SW

That is absolutely amazing. I love the ship design and the characters are fantastic. Well done!