mouseketeer

[MOC] Modular New Orleans Jazz Club

Inspired by the ornate architecture of New Orleans, this modular brings a touch of the Big Easy to the Modular street. At ground level is a gumbo restaurant with indoor fountain, a beignet bakery, a pirate statue (containing hidden treasure), and a wall fountain being sipped at by a bayou frog. Up the alley staircase, minifigures will find a voodoo emporium on one side, or head the other way into a bar complete with (minibuild) model riverboat. Out onto the balcony and up a second staircase, minifigures reach the jazz club itself, with complete jazz band. 

More images are on my Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/146006635@N03/albums 

49459825821_2e745a577a_b.jpgLEGO Modular New Orleans Jazz Club by inklingbricks, on Flickr

49459350143_096d988b5d_b.jpgLEGO Modular New Orleans Jazz Club by inklingbricks, on Flickr

Nice proportions and design. I like the balconades. Very New Orleans style. I would suggest to add some flowers or different plants on the balconades and, maybe, I’d change the blue color of the roof.

Great signage and great work!

?

Edited by gabrielerava

Oh that's so good. Gonna be spending a lot of time starting at those images for ideas. Been wanting to make a music venue for about a year

Super awesome. I can't recall seeing this style of architecture in a modular; you nailed the French Colonial style of the iconic Bourbon Street. Most excellent work!

Very nice! The lettering on "jazz" is very inventive, not just the saxophone "J".

I like the tiny alleyway / staircase between the buildings. It adds depth / dimension and works well with the wrap-around balconies.

I really like it. The tile look of it is really nice and different. Plus I'm a huge fan of the hanging plants.

WOW! the colors are perfect, You can feel the Jazz Vipe from this building!

Great Work!

Greetings!